PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Super Bowl Halftime Show

BuckeyeRidley
08-14-2010, 01:20 PM
There have been some Great performances that have come through the years despite the call for action for younger talent. I gotta say Prince was the most impressive. When Prince took his talents to South Beach singing "Purple Rain" in the Miami Rain that was Classic! Let's hope this season's show is Awesome.

KabaModernFan
08-14-2010, 02:24 PM
I was half expecting you to say Janet Jackson. Glad you chose not to go down that road, it'll save us all from remembering horrible things.

BuckeyeRidley
08-14-2010, 02:30 PM
I was half expecting you to say Janet Jackson. Glad you chose not to go down that road, it'll save us all from remembering horrible things.

LOL! I think we all have that engraved in our minds already!

DaBearsFan
08-14-2010, 02:38 PM
U2's Halftime performance puts the Prince performance, and quite frankly, all other Super Bowl performances to shame. I still get emotional every time I see that version of "Where the Streets Have No Names".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og0V1UtjPt4

BuckeyeRidley
08-14-2010, 02:51 PM
U2's Halftime performance puts the Prince performance, and quite frankly, all other Super Bowl performances to shame. I still get emotional every time I see that version of "Where the Streets Have No Names".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og0V1UtjPt4

YEAH! That is true; Very emotional time & first Super Bowl after 9/11; I think that was very Awesome. Good point 'Bears!

Colts01
08-14-2010, 03:04 PM
yea gotta go with the U2 performance!

BuckeyeRidley
08-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Groups like U2 can play during the Super Bowl this year and I think that people will like it!

Colts01
08-14-2010, 03:12 PM
As long as I dont have to watch Justin Bieber at the super bowl!

BuckeyeRidley
08-14-2010, 03:18 PM
As long as I dont have to watch Justin Bieber at the super bowl!

I think we're safe; The Super Bowl doesn't air on ABC anymore; LOL!

StarvinMarvin
08-14-2010, 03:38 PM
TV is running out of old guys to recycle (McCartney, Stones, The Who, Springsteen, Tom Petty). I guess they could do The Eagles or Led Zep. But if it's Justin Bieber I may swear off football forever!

As a means of clearing my brain, I offer my choice for the greatest, most emotional National Anthem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wupsPg5H6aE&feature=related)ever (even if it was lip-sync'd as rumored).

StaggerMcTipsy
08-14-2010, 03:54 PM
I'll go with Tom Petty for the best halftime show. The Who & Stones, while two of my favorite bands, haven't put out anything decent since the '70s, and are just shadows of their former selves when it comes to live performance. Tom Petty's just as good as ever though, and his new album is one of his best, if not THE best. Plus, the dude's never written a bad song, and I can't think of any other artist who's been around more than 10 years you could say that about.

BuckeyeRidley
08-14-2010, 04:02 PM
TV is running out of old guys to recycle (McCartney, Stones, The Who, Springsteen, Tom Petty). I guess they could do The Eagles or Led Zep. But if it's Justin Bieber I may swear off football forever!

As a means of clearing my brain, I offer my choice for the greatest, most emotional National Anthem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wupsPg5H6aE&feature=related)ever (even if it was lip-sync'd as rumored).

Great choice KyBengalFan!! Al Michaels was there for that one & said to NFL Network in 2009 that was one of the most memorable moments in his NFL broadcasting career; It doesn't look lip-synced but Awesome either way.

BuckeyeRidley
08-14-2010, 04:07 PM
I'll go with Tom Petty for the best halftime show. The Who & Stones, while two of my favorite bands, haven't put out anything decent since the '70s, and are just shadows of their former selves when it comes to live performance. Tom Petty's just as good as ever though, and his new album is one of his best, if not THE best. Plus, the dude's never written a bad song, and I can't think of any other artist who's been around more than 10 years you could say that about.

Freddie Coleman quotes it all the time on ESPN Radio that "Waiting is the Hardest Part"; Awesome line from Tom Petty. Sure Fire Legend; I meant Tom Petty not Freddie Coleman; Freddie's cool though!

buzmeg
08-14-2010, 10:56 PM
Not a halftime show, but Whitney Houston's rendition of the Star Spangled Banner at Super Bowl XXV still brings tears to my eyes.

BuckeyeRidley
08-14-2010, 11:40 PM
Not a halftime show, but Whitney Houston's rendition of the Star Spangled Banner at Super Bowl XXI (1987) still brings tears to my eyes.

Yeah Buzmeg that was an Awesome performance; When the performance happened in 1991 it was during the Gulf War & happened during a very pivotal time.

SEABAGS
08-16-2010, 03:46 PM
I personally do not watch much of the halftime show. That said, i can't wait to watch the show during SB XLVIII in Jersey. Sounds like a lot of frozen nipples.

Bengals1181
08-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Super Bowl XXXI

Blues Brothers, ZZ Top and James Brown.

But mainly because I was there. :cool:

DannyMilk
08-17-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm a fan of Bruce personally...U2s was also very good!

Tinindian
08-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Probably SuperBowl 1. I know I was only 1 at the time and it was probably a marching band or something, but the over produced stuff they do these days - well it's a good time to take a leak.

MovetheChains
08-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Springsteen was the best in my opinion. U2, however was also excellent.

BubbaLove
08-17-2010, 10:44 PM
Has to be Super Bowl XXIII, with the 3D spectacular that maybe 1 out of 10 could actaully see.

BuckeyeRidley
08-17-2010, 11:14 PM
I wonder who they'll get this year? I think it could be R & B infused and even a little younger. Legends could still come in like possibly Aretha Franklin, Diana Ross or maybe its time for Whitney Houston if Clive Davis can present her to the world. What about Alicia Keys or Beyonce? Some questions that could be correct answers when the announcement is made in mere weeks. Imagine the acoustics in the Dallas venue!!