PDA

View Full Version : It's been almost 2 months since anyone has posted here.

packa7x
12-06-2011, 12:58 PM
We're...
-12-0
-Beat 2 of the 4 teams we play in the last 4 weeks
-2 of the 4 teams we play are on backup QBs
-Aaron Rodgers has had 12 straight 100+ QB rating games
-3 TDs a game will net him 49 TD passes...1 4 TD game and 3 3TD games ties the record
-His QBR has dropped recently, but it's still 4 points over the record
-Completion % also a little under the record but can easily be recouped playing a couple of soft pass defenses
-Needs 310 yards per game to tie Marino's record, needs 311 in one of those games to break it
-We beat a hungry Giants team with everything to play for with next to nothing to play for, 6 drops, a missed FG, and some missed calls

Curtis
12-06-2011, 02:09 PM
The Packers' weaknesses are starting to get exposed. The 2 of the remaining 4 teams on their schedule are Oak and KC. Both are busting balls for the division crown. I can't speak on Oak, but Kansas City's defense has been playing well. The offense, on the other hand, needs to produce points. If the Chiefs can fire on all cylinders, Arrowhead will come uncorked.
Besides, the Packers are 3-6-1 all-time vs KC.

packa7x
12-06-2011, 02:37 PM
The Packers are 0-0 vs KC with A Rod.

The teams that can compete with GB are teams who can throw. Oakland can kind of throw and KC just plain can't. GB played a team that could pass with playoffs in their sights and an inspired performance and they still couldn't pull it off. I don't see those 2 teams being an issue. The biggest fear I have is Detroit. They play us week 17 with maybe a shot at the playoffs.

Ripperlicious
12-06-2011, 05:06 PM
I think the Packers haven't played an "A" game since Minnesota. Against the Giants, I'd give them a "B-". However, not having Pro-Bowl caliber LT Clifton and Pro-Bowl caliber RG Josh Sitton didn't help against the Giants formidable front (namely Pierre-Paul). Not to mention not having starting ILBs AJ Hawk and Des Bishop to go along with missing Pro-Bowl SS Nick Collins all year, I give them a pass for their performance.

All of those players besides Collins will be back before the playoffs, so I say to Curtis, good luck with your prognosticating failure for the Packers, esp. with Tyler Palko manning the helm.

KabaModernFan
12-06-2011, 06:06 PM
And the 2007 Patriots come within a heartbeat away of losing to a pathetic Baltimore Ravens team and an A.J. Feeley led Eagles team. This is the point in the year when these kind of losses happen, and those Patriots were a better team than these Packers. They have also slowed down considerably and come back down to league average in the past few weeks compared to the first half of the season. I would not be that surprised to see this team lose at some point during the remainder of the season...but I agree that it likely will not be to the Chiefs.

Curtis
12-06-2011, 07:56 PM
All of those players besides Collins will be back before the playoffs, so I say to Curtis, good luck with your prognosticating failure for the Packers, esp. with Tyler Palko manning the helm.

I never said the Chefs are going to win. I said the defense is playing well. If they can keep pressure on Rodgers, they can keep the score low. The problem is that KC's offense can't produce points. If they can make everything click right, and score points, they have a chance to win. It's not impossible, it's just not probable. Upsets can happen.

SpartaChris
12-06-2011, 08:33 PM
I never said the Chefs are going to win. I said the defense is playing well. If they can keep pressure on Rodgers, they can keep the score low. The problem is that KC's offense can't produce points. If they can make everything click right, and score points, they have a chance to win. It's not impossible, it's just not probable. Upsets can happen.

Rodgers is one of the best QB's when facing pressure as well, so there's that. Really the only way to try and slow down the Packers offense is to play a cover 2, which the Bears do quite well. I get the "Any given Sunday" bit, but if there's any team on the schedule that I think could beat us, I would think it would be either Chicago or Detroit.

Sander
12-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Rodgers slices up a Cover 2. Play press man coverage, disrupt the timing of his routes and get pressure on him. The Bucs did that, and it would have worked had their third corner been just a little better.

mikesteelnation1
12-06-2011, 09:08 PM

Who are the chefs? Ooouggity booouugity... Que the snickers commercial!

Curtis
12-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Who are the chefs? Ooouggity booouugity... Que the snickers commercial!

Yup. Every now and again, I will call them the Chefs. It was a funny commercial back in the day.

Andy Freeland
12-06-2011, 11:31 PM
-Needs 310 yards per game to tie Marino's record, needs 311 in one of those games to break it

A little misleading. He is on pace to top the current record, but so are the two guys ahead of him. Even if he tops Marino, he probably won't get the record.

packa7x
12-07-2011, 12:07 AM
A little misleading. He is on pace to top the current record, but so are the two guys ahead of him. Even if he tops Marino, he probably won't get the record.

Definitely. He probably won't get it anyway because I expect Flynn to get some time soon. I'm just excited to see such an awesome year.

packa7x
12-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Rodgers slices up a Cover 2. Play press man coverage, disrupt the timing of his routes and get pressure on him. The Bucs did that, and it would have worked had their third corner been just a little better.

Talib had an outstanding game there. The Pack had too much depth, you're right. Playing good man coverage hurts Rodgers.

Ripperlicious
12-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Rodgers won't get the yards passing record and probably the TD passing record this year. While Tom Brady was throwing numerous garbage TDs in 2007 while running up scores, Rodgers was removed from the Minnesota game with 11:00 remaining in the game. He's not interested in records (other than the winning games records).

The insane thing is if you count his rushing TDs, he probably gets the TD record all while not playing entire games.

@Kaba...how were the 2007 Patriots better? The 2011 Packers are holding the Championship Belt. The 2011 Packers are gunning for an undefeated record. The Packers have won 18 in a row, and with a win this Sunday against the Raiders they will have eclipsed the 2007 Patriots 18 game win streak.

When they go undefeated, they will be the best team of All-Time.

Ripperlicious
12-07-2011, 10:38 AM

Yeah and if Rodgers didn't throw a pick with 5:00 left in the game up by 8 points, given that by that time the Packers were going up an down the field on the Bucs, they would've almost doubled their point total. Point, would'ves could'ves should'ves...The Packers are getting every team's best effort, which is natural considering they are the reigning Super Bowl champs. Too bad the Bucs haven't played that hard in any other game this year.

Sander
12-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Talib had an outstanding game there. The Pack had too much depth, you're right. Playing good man coverage hurts Rodgers.
Yep, and it's very tough to have enough depth at cornerback to cover the Packers' depth at receiver. The Packers probably have the best and deepest receiving corps in the NFL.

@Ripperlicious: The Pats' defense was better than the Packers' is now. Both offenses are comparable. Also please, stop being so aggressive whenever someone says something slightly critical of the Packers. It doesn't help.

Ripperlicious
12-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Yep, and it's very tough to have enough depth at cornerback to cover the Packers' depth at receiver. The Packers probably have the best and deepest receiving corps in the NFL.

@Ripperlicious: The Pats' defense was better than the Packers' is now. Both offenses are comparable. Also please, stop being so aggressive whenever someone says something slightly critical of the Packers. It doesn't help.

Perhaps you shouldn't be so aggressive whenever someone says something slightly critical. It doesn't help. I didn't know you were the designated "judge" on posts. Sorry about that. Just thought this was a free site clear from judgment.

KabaModernFan
12-07-2011, 04:08 PM
@Kaba...how were the 2007 Patriots better? The 2011 Packers are holding the Championship Belt. The 2011 Packers are gunning for an undefeated record. The Packers have won 18 in a row, and with a win this Sunday against the Raiders they will have eclipsed the 2007 Patriots 18 game win streak.

First of all, the 2011 Packers haven't won any championships yet, so slow your role in that department.

Secondly, the 2007 Patriots were a better team because not only did they pass the ball better than anybody else (and I would also say better than the 2011 Packers can), but they were also extremely efficient at running the ball as well, and they also had a better defense than these Packers do. You have to identify the differences between great teams and dominant teams; the 2011 Packers are great, but the 2007 Patriots dominated not just opponents but the entire league. The Packers are largely a one-dimensional team, their saving grace is that that one dimension happens to be performed so well.

To be honest, I'm not sure there's that much at all differentiating the Packers from the Saints or Patriots this year except that they have a slightly better offense and a slightly better defense. But this isn't a dominant team, and to see them be undefeated at this point in the season and likely remaining that way throughout the rest of the regular season is strange to me. I'll take the 2007 Patriots over the 2011 Packers every day and twice on Sunday. How can this team be the best team in history when they can't even lead the league in DVOA? Come on man, you're kidding yourself.

Ripperlicious
12-07-2011, 04:18 PM
First of all, the 2011 Packers haven't won any championships yet, so slow your role in that department.

Secondly, the 2007 Patriots were a better team because not only did they pass the ball better than anybody else (and I would also say better than the 2011 Packers can), but they were also extremely efficient at running the ball as well, and they also had a better defense than these Packers do. You have to identify the differences between great teams and dominant teams; the 2011 Packers are great, but the 2007 Patriots dominated not just opponents but the entire league. The Packers are largely a one-dimensional team, their saving grace is that that one dimension happens to be performed so well.

To be honest, I'm not sure there's that much at all differentiating the Packers from the Saints or Patriots this year except that they have a slightly better offense and a slightly better defense. But this isn't a dominant team, and to see them be undefeated at this point in the season and likely remaining that way throughout the rest of the regular season is strange to me. I'll take the 2007 Patriots over the 2011 Packers every day and twice on Sunday. How can this team be the best team in history when they can't even lead the league in DVOA? Come on man, you're kidding yourself.

Obviously there's no way to determine who's correct unless the 2007 Patriots played the 2011 Packers. You can have your opinion and take the 18-1 squad if you want. All I'm saying is, when the 2011 Packers run the table, the 2007 Patriots will become a footnote in football history compared to the Greatest Team of All-Time.

One question though: Did DVOA help the 07 Pats beat the 07 Giants? You can take your "measurements" all you want and stick them in the toilet because it's all about the W's. I will promise I won't say "I told you so" until after the Super Bowl.

packa7x
12-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Seriously, DVOA? I tend to not be quite as adamant as Ripper, but DVOA? Unless the top teams every have the highest DVOA ever, what's your point?

Curtis
12-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Packers have a championship belt? I'd like a shot at that.

Ripperlicious
12-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Packers have a championship belt? I'd like a shot at that.

As an Eagle fan, I'm sure you do.

Curtis
12-07-2011, 05:25 PM
As an Eagle fan, I'm sure you do.

As an Eagle fan, I would like the Lombardi trophy. As a wrestler I want a shot at the championship belt you said they have.

SpartaChris
12-07-2011, 07:16 PM
As an Eagle fan, I would like the Lombardi trophy. As a wrestler I want a shot at the championship belt you said they have.

Rodgers actually has two. Here's a photo of one of them: http://newsroom.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/rodgersbelt_575.jpg

packa7x
12-07-2011, 07:36 PM
As an Eagle fan, I would like the Lombardi trophy.

http://www.thirdage.com/files/originals/the-vince-lombardi-trophy-stands-between-helmets-of-pittsburgh-steelers-and-green-bay-packers-at-press-conference-dallas-52.jpg

Like the one Rodgers got last year??? :D

Curtis
12-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Rodgers actually has two. Here's a photo of one of them: http://newsroom.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/rodgersbelt_575.jpg

I know all about the fake WWF belt and the story behind it. I was just busting Ripper's balls, since he claimed it was a belt instead of a SB trophy.

Curtis
12-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Like the one Rodgers got last year??? :D

Cool story, bro!

packa7x
12-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Cool story, bro!

Isn't it nice?! :)