PDA

View Full Version : Preseason Week 1 - Giants @ Jets - 8/15/10

Andy Freeland
08-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Giants @ Jets

giantsfan97
08-15-2010, 01:27 PM
I can't waaaaaaaaaaaaait

Particularly excited to see Linval Joseph (2nd round pick, DT - apparently has been better than expected, could contend for a starting spot) and Ramses Barden (WR drafted last year, very tall and great hands - not very physical)

mattpett
08-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Can't wait to finally see Rex and his boy's start walking the walk instead of talking the talk

Jaco
08-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Holy crap! The Jets tried to kill Eli!

Andy Freeland
08-16-2010, 10:03 PM
That was a LOT of blood.

ReaderM
08-16-2010, 10:19 PM
JPP played well, Sanchez showed some nice poise and was able to shake off that early INT and yea..Eli got jacked up.. anyone else just see that Offensive Pass Interference that was highlighted by that sick 1 handed catch

Colts01
08-16-2010, 10:26 PM
yes,that catch was sic~

Jaco
08-16-2010, 10:27 PM
That was an amazing one handed catch, yeah. Definately should have been OPI, but it wasn't called, and regardless, I'd be high on that guy if I was a Giants fan.

Jaco
08-16-2010, 10:33 PM
Can the Colts have Jim Sorgi back, please?

BuckeyeRidley
08-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Unfortunately the blood was a plenty out there! Eli was a guy that is tough & Antonio Pierce tweeted that he is the toughest QB he's ever played (Antonio retired this offseason and is now working on ESPN). God Love Eli for showing the world how tough he can be. Word is he got 11 stitches.

ReaderM
08-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Okay, Victor Cruz is officially on my "where the heck did this dude come from" list

Jaco
08-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Okay, Victor Cruz is officially on my "where the heck did this dude come from" list

Guy's looking like a 10 year vet out there.

Colts01
08-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Jim Sorgi...Please forgive us...We love you....Indianapolis

Andy Freeland
08-16-2010, 10:44 PM
Victor Cruz made 2 more nice catches, 1 for a TD. He made some money tonight.

Jaco
08-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Week 2 of the regular season is getting more interesting by the minute....

brauneyz
08-16-2010, 10:48 PM
It was lot of blood spurting out of Eli, but have to remember that scalp lacs always bleed like crazy. He'll be fine. Yes, that's my professional opinion.

Victor Cruz is gonna keep this preseason game exciting till the end. What a great story.

ReaderM
08-16-2010, 10:53 PM
Victor Cruz is gonna keep this preseason game exciting till the end. What a great story.

Yea, it's been a while since I was this interested in a preseason game that my favorite team wasn't involved in for a min

ReaderM
08-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Okay, Cruz was just cold 2night.. I literally have nothing more to say

Colts01
08-16-2010, 11:00 PM
Okay, Cruz was just cold 2night.. I literally have nothing more to say

give that man a contract

Jaco
08-16-2010, 11:00 PM
I have adopted the Giants as my NFC foster team (excluding wk 2). Last season, it was the Saints, which ended up kind of screwing me over. I pity everyone else in the world if I'm right two years in a row and it's a Manning Bowl this year. I'd be thrilled, but I can see the rate of Manning-related overdose deaths increasing exponentially.

BuckeyeRidley
08-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Strike up the band on the Cruz Control that the Giants are on!!! Love the game from Victor Cruz, an undrafted free agent from UMass. He's a Guy that is one to watch and was said by one NFL reporter unofficially to be pushing Sinorice Moss out of a roster spot!! Cruz got game!! He's part of the reason why Plax won't come back to the Giants.

Jaco
08-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Wow. Jaws saying the Giants aren't a playoff team? You guys agree?

Colts01
08-16-2010, 11:20 PM

I hope hes wrong,Gruden seems to think the Giants will win the east

brauneyz
08-16-2010, 11:30 PM

Nobody pressed him to make a prediction so I can only assume he's going with the Eagles, and maybe Cowboys as WC. Gruden picks Jets, but again, he didn't specify where he's putting the Pats. WC or out?

Is it just me or was the animosity between Jaws and Gruden ramped up a bit tonight? Made it a bit more interesting, since I usually despise the ESPN crew. Please networks, no more than two in a booth.

Jaco
08-16-2010, 11:41 PM
Nobody pressed him to make a prediction so I can only assume he's going with the Eagles, and maybe Cowboys as WC. Gruden picks Jets, but again, he didn't specify where he's putting the Pats. WC or out?

Is it just me or was the animosity between Jaws and Gruden ramped up a bit tonight? Made it a bit more interesting, since I usually despise the ESPN crew. Please networks, no more than two in a booth.

Super Bowl halftime show this year: Jaws v Gruden cage match. Winner stays in the booth next year. Loser coaches the Lions.

Andy Freeland
08-16-2010, 11:44 PM

Wasn't just you. The most amazing comment of the night was Jaws saying something along the lines of 'Next week you'll have the Cardinals and Titans in the Super Bowl. Where ever we go, they have the best team." I almost fell off my chair. Everyone knows Gruden won't criticize anyone, but to hear Jaws say it during the broadcast was stunning.

BuckeyeRidley
08-16-2010, 11:46 PM
Wasn't just you. The most amazing comment of the night was Jaws saying something along the lines of 'Next week you'll have the Cardinals and Titans in the Super Bowl. Where ever we go, they have the best team." I almost fell off my chair. Everyone knows Gruden won't criticize anyone, but to hear Jaws say it during the broadcast was stunning.

LOL! Yeah!! Those two are keeping their odd couple status alive! I think that Jon is Paula Abdul-like to keep nicey to the bosses but he'll give it to the players like he did Clausen!

BuckeyeRidley
08-16-2010, 11:48 PM

I am with you there! Only two in a booth like----SNF!!! Only need one to call the game, correctly, and one to say "see. what had happened was----" That's it! Jaws & Chucky always go back & forth! Both of them equal one Joe Theismann!

ReaderM
08-17-2010, 12:26 AM

That is what kills me about Gruden, the man has the potenial to be one of the best broadcasters out there if not the best but he's seems so afraid of criticizing any team in hopes of not ruining his chances with them, it aggravates almost as much as his tendency to keep a boot load of QB's on roster.

Jaco
08-17-2010, 12:35 AM
That is what kills me about Gruden, the man has the potenial to be one of the best broadcasters out there if not the best but he's seems so afraid of criticizing any team in hopes of not ruining his chances with them, it aggravates almost as much as his tendency to keep a boot load of QB's on roster.

Being way too careful about burning bridges. Gotta question his opinion, then, which makes him an ineffective announcer. I know he knows his stuff. He's a SB winning coach. Makes me think he's still looking for a head coaching job. I wonder where he might end up.

DannyMilk
08-17-2010, 12:35 AM
I think Gruden and Jaws saw Eli's blood, and it sparked it a bit more haha...I know Gruden's too "nice" in the booth, but Jaws likes everyone that puts a uniform on, and expects great things from them as well...I like Gruden, Jaws has lost his touch IMO...I don't see the Giants making the playoffs either...it's not impossible, but I think they barely miss the WC...and as for Cruz, we shall see, obviously, but I am pretty sure that man just earned himself a roster spot!

BuckeyeRidley
08-17-2010, 12:46 AM
Glad to see the new blazin' stadium, Joe Namath & Curtis Martin (Hall eligible starting in 2011) get honored, Jaws & Chucky in Playoff form, Victor Cruz gettin' saucy with 3 TDs and Eli ok after at least 11 stitches were in his head!

In the words of Al Green and later Tina Turner "Good or Bad. Happy or Sad."---Football is Back!!

ReaderM
08-17-2010, 12:48 AM
Well seeing as I have the Giants winning the NFC East, I hope you are wrong DannyMilk lol. As for Jaws, I can easily see where you are coming from but his NFL Match-up in the early morning with Hodge is still a must watch for me and that is where I think we see Jaws as he is meant to be watched. I honestly wonder how much of the change is Jaws and how much is it ESPN producers talking in his ear at times. I sometime have a feeling that if we let Jaw's lose, my brain would explode for all the knowledge that he would drop on us.

giantsfan97
08-17-2010, 01:00 AM
It's easy to forget that Eli's a pretty tough guy because of his "aw shucks" demeanor. Their Super Bowl year he was supposed to be out 6-8 weeks after a week 1 hit, but didn't miss a snap.

As for Cruz, I saw him make some plays the day I went to training camp but certainly didn't see that coming.

For anyone wondering, the Giants have 5 WRs who definitely are making the team:
Smith, Nicks, Manningham, Barden, and Hagan (special teams ace), so there's 1 or 2 spots up for grabs and Cruz probably just leapt Sinorice Moss for that spot.

I don't think you can pull much from this game (for the Giants anyway) because they didn't play a lot of guys with minor injuries.

Jaco
08-17-2010, 01:04 AM
It's easy to forget that Eli's a pretty tough guy because of his "aw shucks" demeanor. Their Super Bowl year he was supposed to be out 6-8 weeks after a week 1 hit, but didn't miss a snap.

As for Cruz, I saw him make some plays the day I went to training camp but certainly didn't see that coming.

For anyone wondering, the Giants have 5 WRs who definitely are making the team:
Smith, Nicks, Manningham, Barden, and Hagan (special teams ace), so there's 1 or 2 spots up for grabs and Cruz probably just leapt Sinorice Moss for that spot.

I don't think you can pull much from this game (for the Giants anyway) because they didn't play a lot of guys with minor injuries.

Runs in the family, I think. I posted somewhere else about the only play his brother's been out because of injury. Peyton got his jaw broken against the Dolphins in 2001, sat out a play, and came back in. He was eating food out of a straw (literally) afterward for awhile. Eli showed his toughness tonight. He took all of the blame for what happened, too.

Jaco
08-17-2010, 02:18 AM
Check out Eli taking the hit without a helmet:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d819cf1ac/Eli-s-bloody-exit

giantsfan97
08-17-2010, 07:55 AM
He took all of the blame for what happened, too.
A great point that I forgot to mention.

Polishguy00
08-17-2010, 08:13 AM
Who is Victor Cruz? Well, he was an all CAA wide receiver last year and a two year starter. Despite the fact that a lot of these stories talk about a guy being the all-time receiver, Mr. Cruz is not. He is actually 5th all-time in receiving yards at UMass behind immortal names like Brandon London and Adrian Zullo. He is from Patterson, NJ and is already 23 years old. I hope he makes it. It does not seem like he was planning for an NFL career at all.

Adrian Zullo, the leader in career yards and receptions at UMass never played in the NFL, but did see some time in the CFL and hails from St. Thomas Aquinas HS in Florida.

InNOutBurgler
08-17-2010, 08:45 AM
I just enjoy seeing the Jets taken down a notch