PDA

View Full Version : Two huge exclamation points in Ravens vs Panthers game

msclemons
08-16-2010, 07:23 PM
Two plays really jumped out at me in the 1st quarter:
Here Ngata blows up the double and forces #70 to tackle him. Unfortunately Suggs was offside but look at the raw power.

Cody tosses Kalil (pro bowl center) aside with one arm and swallows Deangelo. Holy crap.

The Ravens have the luxury of allowing one of the best NTs in the league to rest and not lose a whole lot. If they can keep Cody and Ngata fresh opponents are going to hate the 4th quarter.

Bengals1181
08-16-2010, 10:56 PM
The Ravens have the luxury of allowing one of the best NTs in the league to rest and not lose a whole lot. If they can keep Cody and Ngata fresh opponents are going to hate the 4th quarter.

not when they're up big because of the Baltimore secondary. :p

msclemons
08-16-2010, 11:04 PM
not when they're up big because of the Baltimore secondary. :p

I dunno what they're gonna do about that secondary. But I know one guy who probably won't make the team for the 49ers would be a great fit on the Ravens: Patrick Stoudamire. He just looks like he'd blend right in. Really hard nosed guy, not a great cover corner but good on jams and zone.

Wordsworth
08-17-2010, 12:07 AM
Haloti Ngata is a giant, terrifying man. He used to play rugby and was pretty damn good at it. I can't imagine that guy chasing me down without pads on, trying to knock me over. Eeesh.

msclemons
08-17-2010, 12:11 AM
Cody is also monstrously huge.

KabaModernFan
08-17-2010, 12:28 AM
Needless to say, I greatly enjoy Terrence Cody and Haloti Ngata. d('-'d)