PDA

View Full Version : Preseason Week 3 - Texans 23 - Cowboys 7 - 8-28-10

DannyMilk
08-17-2010, 01:48 AM
Tribune News Services

Arian Foster rushed for 110 yards and a touchdown, and Matt Schaub threw a TD pass to Jacoby Jones for the Texans.

Foster, who emerged as Houston's most dependable running back late last season, became the first Texan to go over 100 yards rushing in a preseason game. The Texans finished with 173 yards rushing, an encouraging sign for coach Gary Kubiak, whose team ranked 30th in rushing (92 yards per game) last season.

Houston's defense also played well, a week after giving up 409 yards in a 38-20 loss to New Orleans. Rookie Kareem Jackson returned an interception 64 yards, and the Texans (1-2) held the Cowboys' first-team offense to 135 total yards.

Tony Romo was sacked twice and fumbled, and Dallas (2-2) mustered only 7 yards rushing before the reserves took over late in the third quarter.

Wordsworth
08-29-2010, 07:14 AM
Dallas 3 - 27 Houston

Uuuugly game for Dallas. Poor man coverage, poorer tackling, and a complete ineptitude on offense. They totalled 13 yards rushing for the game. I have nothing to say to that, other than this better not mean sh*t because it's preseason. :) As I said in another thread, I won't get worried until we're scoreless in the second half of the game week 1 at Washington.

Houston on the other hand played very well on both sides. Amobi Okoye surprisingly had a good game. He has been mostly considered a bust ever since we drafted him 10th overall in 2007. Arian Foster proved he deserves the feature back role amassing 110 yards on 18 carries with a touchdown, and another that was called back on a penalty after he truck-sticked Alan Ball. They used Slaton sparingly which to me shows they intend to use Foster the majority of the time, with Slaton relegated to a change-of-pace back and on select passing downs. Jacoby Jones made some great plays including a long TD catch in the first quarter. Maybe he pushes Kevin Walter for the #2 role and finally breaks out into fantasy relevance?