PDA

View Full Version : Fact or Crap - 2012 draft top 10

Andy Freeland
04-18-2012, 02:18 PM
1. Trent Richardson is the best player in the draft.
2a. Ryan Tannehill will be taken in the top 15.
2b. Ryan Tannehill should be taken in the top 15.
3. Kendal Wright will be drafted before Stephen Hill.
4. Matt Kalil is as good or better prospect than Joe Thomas was.
5. Fletcher Cox will be the first DT drafted.
6. There will be 2 guards drafted in the top 16.
7. The Patriots will come out of this draft with someone else's 1st round pick in next year's draft.
8. Justin Blackmon will drop out of the top 5.
9. Doug Martin will be the 2nd RB drafted.
10. There will be at least 5 RBs drafted in the 2nd round.

Bonus
11. These are all pretty obvious and expose the fact that I haven't done as much research on the draft as I should have.

Polishguy00
04-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Fact or Crap - 2012 draft top 10
1. Trent Richardson is the best player in the draft. FACT, but he is not most valuable. That would be the quarterbacks. I know, that was a Jack Handy deep thought.

2a. Ryan Tannehill will be taken in the top 15. FACT

2b. Ryan Tannehill should be taken in the top 15. CRAP I have serious doubts about him. This is a John Pinette load of crap.

3. Kendal Wright will be drafted before Stephen Hill. CRAP This is twist my arm crap. This is a 50/50 idea, but Hill's potential wins.

4. Matt Kalil is as good or better prospect than Joe Thomas was. FACT Sorry, again, Browns fans. This guy has it all.

5. Fletcher Cox will be the first DT drafted. CRAP Someone has fallen deeply in love with Poe. Don't know who, but someone has.

6. There will be 2 guards drafted in the top 16. CRAP Just does not happen, but this year, 16 is the perfect cut off. FACT may be top 20.

7. The Patriots will come out of this draft with someone else's 1st round pick in next year's draft. FACT As sure of a thing as the Raiders taking a guy with speed for the last 50 years. RIP Al.

8. Justin Blackmon will drop out of the top 5. FACT Can't believe I am saying this, but I keep reading this issue on separation. Apparently, it is some sort of football term and not about the divorce rate of America.

9. Doug Martin will be the 2nd RB drafted. CRAP On a bit of a limb here, but I think Lamar Miller is the guy. I think Richardson, Martin and Miller are the first three.

10. There will be at least 5 RBs drafted in the 2nd round. CRAP There will be four.

Bonus
11. These are all pretty obvious and expose the fact that I haven't done as much research on the draft as I should have.
FACT There will be a story comparing Janoris Jenkins to Randy Moss. Oh, wait, there will be 5,692,496 of those.
FACT I'll find a way to be frustrated with the Bears draft even though any pick of a DE, LB, CB, S, WR, OT is something I should be okay with.
FACT The Bengals are in the best position to make the best picks of the first two rounds. Bengals fans should be scared of this.
FACT Joe Webb will be a better NFL QB than Ryan Tannehill (couldn't help myself). Tannehill will lose to him in receiving TDs, too.
FACT The 25-70 picks of this draft are considered interchangeable.

KabaModernFan
04-18-2012, 02:58 PM
1. Trent Richardson is the best player in the draft. Crap. It's either Luck or Kalil. Richardson is right there though in the next tier.
2a. Ryan Tannehill will be taken in the top 15. Fact. It's Christian Ponder 2.0!
2b. Ryan Tannehill should be taken in the top 15. Crap. Again, Christian Ponder.
3. Kendal Wright will be drafted before Stephen Hill. Hmm...Fact. This one was tricky, but I don't think teams are as high on Hill as the talking heads imply.
4. Matt Kalil is as good or better prospect than Joe Thomas was. Fact. He has the potential to be one of the greatest of all-time at the position. Munoz territory.
5. Fletcher Cox will be the first DT drafted. Fact. Another case of will he be vs. should he be here.
6. There will be 2 guards drafted in the top 16. Crap. I don't think Glenn goes that high.
7. The Patriots will come out of this draft with someone else's 1st round pick in next year's draft. Fact. It's like clockwork.
8. Justin Blackmon will drop out of the top 5. Fact. This doesn't seem all that unlikely, Cleveland at #4 is the only real shot.
9. Doug Martin will be the 2nd RB drafted. Fact. And I have no idea why.
10. There will be at least 5 RBs drafted in the 2nd round. Crap. Just don't think there are enough RBs that good.

trh5001
04-18-2012, 03:48 PM
1.)Crap - Richardson is not a better player than luck or kalil
2a.)Fact - He will be taken even though hes the 4th best qb in the draft.
2b.)Crap - If mallet went in the 3rd Tannehill should be a 5th rounder at best.
3)Fact - I just cant find a good enough reason to say no.
4)Fact - As good of a prospect but for some reason im hesitant to say he will be as good of a player.
5)Crap - as has already been stated someones gonna gamble on Poe.
6)Crap - Just dont think the talent/need combo is there to make it happen.
7)Crap - No Al davis to swindle this year plus too many needs to try and fill
8)Fact - Wont get past 10 though.
9)Fact - Just dont see enough of a reason to doubt this one
10)Crap - better value to be had in waiting to the 3rd round for a rb especially in a shallow class outside richardson.

GoBigOrGoHome
04-18-2012, 03:54 PM
1. Trent Richardson is the best player in the draft. Crap - Andrew Luck, Matt Kalil anyone?
2a. Ryan Tannehill will be taken in the top 15. Fact - Danny Snyder 2.0 (a.k.a. Stephen Ross) is desperate and lacks knowledge and will take RT at #8. He may even insist on trading up for the boy.
2b. Ryan Tannehill should be taken in the top 15. Crap
3. Kendal Wright will be drafted before Stephen Hill. Mid-Crap but as yet undetermined? Yep. Remember these are boys doing the drafting and boys like their bright shiny toys.
4. Matt Kalil is as good or better prospect than Joe Thomas was. Fact. Apologies to Mistake By The Lake Fans. But MK is gonna be a great one.
5. Fletcher Cox will be the first DT drafted. Crap - watch some nutbag will take Dontari Poe only to watch him eat himself out of the league in 3 years
6. There will be 2 guards drafted in the top 16. Crap - DeCastro? Yup. But that's it.
7. The Patriots will come out of this draft with someone else's 1st round pick in next year's draft. Fact. Like death & taxes.
8. Justin Blackmon will drop out of the top 5. Crap. It's a passing league. And remember: there are no toys brighter and shinier than big-time wideouts.
9. Doug Martin will be the 2nd RB drafted. Fact. Kid's got the goods, too.
10. There will be at least 5 RBs drafted in the 2nd round. Fact - the prevailing wisdom is "you cannot draft a RB in the 1st" dovetails nicely into "you can't win without a running game". Lots of teams are desperate for a running game.

Bonus
11. The Ghost of the Cryptkeeper will reach up from Hell and influence the Raiders one last time during the draft. Fact
12. The Lions will befuddle me once again by drafting a DE in the 1st Round. Fact

Afrocomb
04-18-2012, 04:29 PM
1. Trent Richardson is the best player in the draft. Crap! I think DeCastro is a better prospect for his position
2a. Ryan Tannehill will be taken in the top 15. Fact! Nothing as desperate as a QB needy team
2b. Ryan Tannehill should be taken in the top 15. Crap! Very slim chance that he becomes a top ten QB and picks in the top 15 should be top ten at there position
3. Kendal Wright will be drafted before Stephen Hill. Coin flip! Completely dependent on the type of WR needed by the team selecting the 3rd WR. If they already have a tall receiver then it'll be Wright, but if they need a big target the talent gap between the two can be bridged by the physicality and potential of Hill
4. Matt Kalil is as good or better prospect than Joe Thomas was. Crap! Thomas is a deserved perennial Pro-bowler and looked like he would be from day one.
5. Fletcher Cox will be the first DT drafted. Fact, Brockers stock has peaked & Poe is too big a risk
6. There will be 2 guards drafted in the top 16. Crap! Even if DeCastro goes top ten, the earliest Glenn would then go is 17 to the Bengals and no-ones trading up for a guard in the top 16 not named DeCastro
7. The Patriots will come out of this draft with someone else's 1st round pick in next year's draft. Fact! They always do and there could be a few very attractive prospects at their 27th spot
8. Justin Blackmon will drop out of the top 5. Fact! Tampa will take Clairbourne and the Browns will take Richardson or Tannehill. They'll be able to get a WR later in the 1st or high in the 2nd
9. Doug Martin will be the 2nd RB drafted. Fact! Probably at the bottom of the first where there are a number of RB needy contenders
10. There will be at least 5 RBs drafted in the 2nd round. Crap! As Martin will go in the 1st.

Bengals1181
04-18-2012, 07:58 PM
1. Trent Richardson is the best player in the draft. Crap
2a. Ryan Tannehill will be taken in the top 15. Fact
2b. Ryan Tannehill should be taken in the top 15.Crap
3. Kendal Wright will be drafted before Stephen Hill.Fact
4. Matt Kalil is as good or better prospect than Joe Thomas was.Crap
5. Fletcher Cox will be the first DT drafted.Fact
6. There will be 2 guards drafted in the top 16.Crap
7. The Patriots will come out of this draft with someone else's 1st round pick in next year's draft.Crap
8. Justin Blackmon will drop out of the top 5.Fact
9. Doug Martin will be the 2nd RB drafted.Fact
10. There will be at least 5 RBs drafted in the 2nd round.Fact

Bonus
11. These are all pretty obvious and expose the fact that I haven't done as much research on the draft as I should have.Fact

Fact

Docta
04-18-2012, 08:56 PM
1. Trent Richardson is the best player in the draft. Crap. I think it'll be one of the 2 QBs.
2a. Ryan Tannehill will be taken in the top 15. Fact. If you need a QB, then he's the best QB available.
2b. Ryan Tannehill should be taken in the top 15. Crap. If you just ranked all the prospects, he would be a 2nd rounder.
3. Kendal Wright will be drafted before Stephen Hill. Fact. There's no good reason why he shouldn't.
4. Matt Kalil is as good or better prospect than Joe Thomas was. Crap. Thomas was an elite prospect. Kalil is just very good.
5. Fletcher Cox will be the first DT drafted. Crap. I think it'll be Poe.
6. There will be 2 guards drafted in the top 16. Fact. DeCastro and Glenn. Even though Glenn might get converted to tackle.
7. The Patriots will come out of this draft with someone else's 1st round pick in next year's draft. Crap. I think they'll change their attitude after losing the SB.
8. Justin Blackmon will drop out of the top 5. Fact. More people are falling in love with Floyd, and the WR class is stacked.
9. Doug Martin will be the 2nd RB drafted. Crap. I got my money on Lamar Miller.
10. There will be at least 5 RBs drafted in the 2nd round. Crap. Just wait until the later rounds and you'll still get a quality back.

Andy Freeland
04-19-2012, 01:42 AM

Am I the only one that likes Chris Polk way more than either Martin or Miller?

tubbs1518
04-19-2012, 02:01 AM
Martin is about my 6th favorite RB.

msclemons
04-19-2012, 04:04 AM

There's a guy on the 49ers blog I read a lot who loves Polk and is insisting the 49ers will take him in the 2nd.

He also loves Alex Smith though, so he isn't the best judge of talent.

Bengals1181
04-19-2012, 08:59 AM

I'm a huge polk fan. I think he and martin are neck and neck for the 2nd RB spot. It depends on what you want as both do some things better than others.

Here's my RB rankings:

1. Trent Richardson
2. Chris Polk
3. Doug Martin
4. LaMarr Miller
5. LaMichael James
6. David Wilson
7. Dan Herron
8. Isaiah Pead

Trumpetbdw
04-19-2012, 09:51 AM
-Crap. I think Richardson is very good, but I firmly believe the best two positional players in the draft are the two QBs. Next on that list may be Morris Clayborne.

-Fact
-Fact (caveat)- If a team believes he's a future star, then they should take him. I think many have gone a bit overboard when analyzing him. No, he's not the prospect that Luck or Griffin are. A common point to detract him has been that if Barkley and Landry came out, he'd be the #5 QB this year. I'll agree he's likely not in Barkley's class, but I'm not sold at all on Landry Jones. One knock on Griffin has been how at Baylor they took advantage of catching defenses off guard, but no team did that more than Oklahoma last year. Back to Tannehill, I'm not concerned about his mechanics. Some can be adjusted, some may remain, but other sidearmed QBs have succeeded with much less arm than what he has. I love the fact that he has WR experience. Most QBs are bred that way from the start. But I think that guys with NFL arms and size who have played WR at one time or another, even in HS, have an advantage, much like former QBs without the size or arm, but the athleticism translate pretty well to receiver. Roethlisberger played WR in HS until his senior year, and I certainly think it gave him something meaningful to draw on as he's developed as a QB. Tannehill's experience in running routes in a pro style offense can only serve to help him as well. Maybe he shouldn't be a top 10 pick, but I have no problem with a team taking him that high if they're sold that he's a legit NFL QB.

-Fact. I agree with Cris's assessment. There may not be a more polished receiver available this year than Wright.

-Crap He's good, but is still an unknown. Wasn't Robert Gallery a better "prospect" than both? I'll be conservative on this one.

-Fact I'm one of the few believers on this site in Dontari Poe (my belief started pre-combine, and is 3-4 based), but Cox will go first. However, DTs early on always seem like a risk. I could be wrong, but it seems that position has a high bust rate.

-Crap Barely. The more I see, the more I like Cordy Glenn. Interior linemen especially need to have some nasty.

7. The Patriots will come out of this draft with someone else's 1st round pick in next year's draft.
-Fact Easiest question on the board.

-Fact Only chance he goes top 5 is Cleveland, and I can't see that happening. I don't think anyone trades up to get him, unless TB has someone rated similarly to Clayborne and can afford to move back. Don't see that happening either.

-Crap Simply based on the odds, and so many being so close. I do like Martin, and think he has the chance to be the most consistent runner in this draft. But teams tend to draft dynamic talents, and that he is not.

-Crap There will be some steals available in rounds 3 and 4 (Chris Polk, LaMichael James to name 2).

Bonus
-I think the skill position steal of this draft will be whomever gets Alshon Jeffery in round 2. Can't blame him for the Stephen Garcia/Steve Spurrier firestorm.

packa7x
04-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Fact or Crap - 2012 draft top 10
Crap. he's probably the 3rd best with Luck 100% ahead.
Fact.
Crap.
Fact.
Fact.
Fact.
Crap.. Probably just DeCastro
Fact.
Fact.. Blackmon at his best is being compared to Dwayne Bowe.
Fact. I say he sneaks into round 1.
Crap.

Bonus
Crap! come onnnn brownie points!

darvon
04-19-2012, 12:33 PM

CRAP. In our role as "pseudo-GM" for the teams we love, the "best" player is the one best able to win a championship. The Greatest Running Backs don't win championships anymore. Period.

Great QBs, yes. LTs, maybe. DEs maybe. RBs, no.

The best player in the draft is the one that can increase the probability of a team to win a championship THE MOST. The two teams known to skip TR in the draft don't have a good RB either, obviously they think the BEST player isnt TR.

RB moderate impact, short career. Sorry. Reality bites.

ScottDCP
04-19-2012, 02:09 PM
12. Once in the NFL, Dontari Poe will elevate is game to the levels of his physical ability and have a career that eclipses Fletcher Cox.
13. Zach Brown will be the fastest OLB/DE hybrid to get fewer than four sacks/turnovers combined.
14. Kyle vanden Bosch will be mentioned every other time Shea McLellin's name is spoken by someone at ESPN, FOX, NFLN, and CBS this year.
15. Owning a pool is a pain in the ass when you don't swim.
16. Vinny Curry will have a minimal impact this year, but will draw comparisons to Jason Pierre Paul next year.
17. The more NFLN puts Mayock front and center, the more they will try to make him a centrist, and the more he will regress as a broadcaster.
18. Brandon Weeden will prove to be a doofus, incapable of mastering an NFL offense, and have a sub-.500 career winning percentage in a spot-starter role for five years.
19. Russell Wilson will be one of the three best QBs out of this year's draft class.
20. Kellen Moore will never get a fair shake or a real opportunity to start, and will become a fabulous college coach.
21. Brock Osweiler is a really weird dude.

KabaModernFan
04-19-2012, 03:27 PM
12. Once in the NFL, Dontari Poe will elevate is game to the levels of his physical ability and have a career that eclipses Fletcher Cox. Fact. It'll take a couple years but Poe will put it together.
13. Zach Brown will be the fastest OLB/DE hybrid to get fewer than four sacks/turnovers combined. Fact. Brown isn't really a pass rusher anyway.
14. Kyle vanden Bosch will be mentioned every other time Shea McLellin's name is spoken by someone at ESPN, FOX, NFLN, and CBS this year. Fact. I'm also on the look out for Kevin Greene references.
15. Owning a pool is a pain in the ass when you don't swim. I am not qualified to answer, as I own a pool and do swim.
16. Vinny Curry will have a minimal impact this year, but will draw comparisons to Jason Pierre Paul next year. Crap. Don't think the athleticism is the same and that Curry won't have the benefit of having Tuck, Umenyiora, and Kiwanuka playing beside him.
17. The more NFLN puts Mayock front and center, the more they will try to make him a centrist, and the more he will regress as a broadcaster. Crap. All Mike Mayock everything.
18. Brandon Weeden will prove to be a doofus, incapable of mastering an NFL offense, and have a sub-.500 career winning percentage in a spot-starter role for five years. Crap. I don't think he'll ultimately be that successful but because of his age not his football smarts.
19. Russell Wilson will be one of the three best QBs out of this year's draft class. Crap. How many other 5'11" QBs have had success in the modern NFL?
20. Kellen Moore will never get a fair shake or a real opportunity to start, and will become a fabulous college coach. Fact. Think you could also say fabulous broadcaster too. He's extremely intelligent about the game, just is a few inches short.
21. Brock Osweiler is a really weird dude. Fact. Did you know he's also eight feet tall?

Trumpetbdw
04-19-2012, 03:30 PM
12. Once in the NFL, Dontari Poe will elevate is game to the levels of his physical ability and have a career that eclipses Fletcher Cox.

Fact

ScottDCP
04-19-2012, 04:15 PM
What if he doesn't go to Pittsburgh? :D

packa7x
04-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Crap. With the DL they generally have it or they don't.
13. Zach Brown will be the fastest OLB/DE hybrid to get fewer than four sacks/turnovers combined.
Fact.
14. Kyle vanden Bosch will be mentioned every other time Shea McLellin's name is spoken by someone at ESPN, FOX, NFLN, and CBS this year.
Crap. that's the first time I've heard that comparison, though I generally get my info from watching film.
Fact.
16. Vinny Curry will have a minimal impact this year, but will draw comparisons to Jason Pierre Paul next year.
Crap.
17. The more NFLN puts Mayock front and center, the more they will try to make him a centrist, and the more he will regress as a broadcaster. Crap. NFLN seems to do a good job with their talent.
18. Brandon Weeden will prove to be a doofus, incapable of mastering an NFL offense, and have a sub-.500 career winning percentage in a spot-starter role for five years.
Crap.
19. Russell Wilson will be one of the three best QBs out of this year's draft class.
Fact.
20. Kellen Moore will never get a fair shake or a real opportunity to start, and will become a fabulous college coach.
Fact
Fact.

ScottDCP
04-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Screw the top ten picks - most teams don't get one, and half of them will spend the next four or five years buried on a crappy team, at best. I am more interested in guys teams will have a chance to pass on.

22. Janoris Jenkins will draw comparisons to Antonio Cromartie, to do more with his early life dating habits than his play.
23. Stephon Gilmore will be better regarded in his first three years in the league than Morris Claiborne because he will go late in the first round, to a better team than will Morris Claiborne.
24. Whoever clocked the fastest times in the 40 yard dash for receivers, running backs, and cornerbacks will be a below average player at that position.
25. No tight end from this year's draft class will ever be All-Pro.
26. No fullback will be drafted until the sixth round, causing the fans of whichever team cracks the seal to explode a la Scanners.
27. Mel Kiper, having noticed that EVERYONE thinks Mayock is better at the same job, will be even louder and less coherent this year than ever before.
28. Seriously, a swimming pool is a giant pain in the ass.
29. Monday Night Football will be almost unwatchable.
30. Jerel Worthy will be one of the two best DTs in this year's draft class.

ScottDCP
04-19-2012, 05:07 PM
31. Whoever clocked the fastest times in the 3-cone drill for defensive ends and outside linebackers will be an above average player at his position.

Bengals1181
04-19-2012, 06:24 PM
12. Once in the NFL, Dontari Poe will elevate is game to the levels of his physical ability and have a career that eclipses Fletcher Cox. CRAP, Poe Busts
13. Zach Brown will be the fastest OLB/DE hybrid to get fewer than four sacks/turnovers combined. FACT, overrated
14. Kyle vanden Bosch will be mentioned every other time Shea McLellin's name is spoken by someone at ESPN, FOX, NFLN, and CBS this year. CRAP, who cares?
15. Owning a pool is a pain in the ass when you don't swim. FACT
16. Vinny Curry will have a minimal impact this year, but will draw comparisons to Jason Pierre Paul next year. CRAP
17. The more NFLN puts Mayock front and center, the more they will try to make him a centrist, and the more he will regress as a broadcaster.CRAP
18. Brandon Weeden will prove to be a doofus, incapable of mastering an NFL offense, and have a sub-.500 career winning percentage in a spot-starter role for five years.CRAP. Weeden will be one of the steals of the draft and a rookie of the year candidate
19. Russell Wilson will be one of the three best QBs out of this year's draft class.CRAP
20. Kellen Moore will never get a fair shake or a real opportunity to start, and will become a fabulous college coach. FACT
21. Brock Osweiler is a really weird dude. another who cares

Fact

Trumpetbdw
04-19-2012, 07:04 PM
What if he doesn't go to Pittsburgh? :D

I'm assuming you mean Poe. If he doesn't end up in Pittsburgh, which I expect, I'll be somewhat disappointed, depending mainly on who they end up with in his stead. But I think Poe will be a good player in most situations. Sure, there are certain places that tend to not develop guys like that properly, but in general, I'll be surprised if Poe isn't the best of the 3 top DT prospects.

xaks
04-23-2012, 07:10 PM

Bonus

1. Crap. Luck, Griffin, and Kalil.
2a. Fact. Too many teams desperately need a good QB. I'm not saying what kind of QB he is, I'm just saying it is the perception.
2b. Crap. He's a second rounder. MAYBE a first if there's no other QBs, but a damn low first.
3. Fact.
4. Fact. Even his Brother, a long time starting olineman in the NFL, says he is, and I believe him. I'd say 'as good' though, its pretty tough to be better. (Remember, he turned DOWN a free trip to the draft live show, to go fishin' with his dad. Like a sir, indeed!)
5. Crap. Someone with a hard-on will overreach for Poe. See Tannehill, Ryan.
6. Fact. Good linemen are tough to come by.
7. Fact. But I also think there's heavy odds this is the first year that they *don't*. Until you prove recent history wrong, though...
8. Fact. Look, 3, 4, AND 5 are gonna be tempted, yes. But it'll be Luck/RG3/Kalil/Richardson/either jenkins or claiborne for 1-5. 6 to the rams looks good for him.
9. Crap. The Florida burner, what's his name....that really fast kid.
10. Crap. I see 3, maybe 4. Not 5 by the end of round 2. Not any more. Running backs are getting paid like kickers now, FFS.

wxwax
04-23-2012, 07:27 PM
I get the feeling Minny may not be sold on Kalil.

vancemeek
04-23-2012, 07:31 PM
1. Trent Richardson is the best player in the draft. Crap. Luck is
2a. Ryan Tannehill will be taken in the top 15. Fact. I just can't see Miami passing.
2b. Ryan Tannehill should be taken in the top 15. Crap. However, being the QB position, teams will reach for them.
3. Kendal Wright will be drafted before Stephen Hill. Fact. This could go either way, and depends solely on whether a team drafts Hill based on potential. Wright is the better WR right now.
4. Matt Kalil is as good or better prospect than Joe Thomas was. Crap. Thomas was better, although Kalil should absolutely be the 3rd pick of this draft.
5. Fletcher Cox will be the first DT drafted. Fact. Could go to the Rams at 6, but can't see him farther than 9 to Carolina.
6. There will be 2 guards drafted in the top 16. Crap. DeCastro will probably go, but the only way Glenn goes top 16 is if Buffalo drafts him to play tackle.
7. The Patriots will come out of this draft with someone else's 1st round pick in next year's draft. Fact. History says there's a good chance of that.
8. Justin Blackmon will drop out of the top 5. Fact. I have him at 6, but could go even later. Can't see him top 5 unless Minnesota really is that stupid.
9. Doug Martin will be the 2nd RB drafted. Fact. I think he's the 2nd best back in the draft, and I think he goes late 1st round.
10. There will be at least 5 RBs drafted in the 2nd round. Crap. I'll guess Miller, Wilson, Pead, and Polk in the 2nd. I think Martin sneaks into the 1st.

mkocs6
04-24-2012, 03:36 AM

Okay, thought experiment here: I haven't thought about this until now, but doesn't Russell Wilson just scream--and I mean, SCREAM--Mike Holmgren pick in the 4th round?

mkocs6
04-24-2012, 04:27 AM
1. Trent Richardson is the best player in the draft. Can I say semi-fact? Can that be a thing? I think it's a toss-up between Luck and Richardson, honestly.
2a. Ryan Tannehill will be taken in the top 15. Fact. Which brings me to...
2b. Ryan Tannehill should be taken in the top 15. Crap. This pick under the old system would set a franchise (probably Miami) back five years. Now, who knows?
3. Kendal Wright will be drafted before Stephen Hill. Fact. Teams in the middle of the first round will look for an immediate contributor who can help them get to or advance in the playoffs, the project pick falls to late first round where teams have the luxury of development.
4. Matt Kalil is as good or better prospect than Joe Thomas was. Crap. Call it patriotism if you want.
5. Fletcher Cox will be the first DT drafted. Fact. The sure-thing goes earlier.
6. There will be 2 guards drafted in the top 16. Crap. Maybe DeCastro, but teams looking for linemen in the top 16 will need and will more highly value tackles.
7. The Patriots will come out of this draft with someone else's 1st round pick in next year's draft. Fact. Between 27 and 31, one of those mid-level teams will want to move up to snag someone who fell, and the 20-spot move will require a first rounder.
8. Justin Blackmon will drop out of the top 5. Fact. He will go to the Rams at #6.
9. Doug Martin will be the 2nd RB drafted. Crap. I think it will be Miller, if for the completely unscientific reason of you-pretty-much-can't-go-wrong-with-a-Miami-runningback, but there's a real logjam among Martin, Wislon, Miller, and Polk on most ratings boards.
10. There will be at least 5 RBs drafted in the 2nd round. Crap. It's possible, but we (and a lot of mocks) tend to forget how many defensive players and interior linemen eat up the picks in the late and second rounds.

Bonus
11. These are all pretty obvious and expose the fact that I haven't done as much research on the draft as I should have.[/QUOTE]

mkocs6
04-24-2012, 04:49 AM
12. Once in the NFL, Dontari Poe will elevate is game to the levels of his physical ability and have a career that eclipses Fletcher Cox. Crap. He'll be fine, but I'm not prepared to say he'll be better than Cox.
13. Zach Brown will be the fastest OLB/DE hybrid to get fewer than four sacks/turnovers combined. Crap? In his entire career?
14. Kyle vanden Bosch will be mentioned every other time Shea McLellin's name is spoken by someone at ESPN, FOX, NFLN, and CBS this year. Fact.
15. Owning a pool is a pain in the ass when you don't swim. Fact, probably. I have no desire to ever own a pool, even though I do swim. That just sounds like a massive pain in the ass to maintain.
16. Vinny Curry will have a minimal impact this year, but will draw comparisons to Jason Pierre Paul next year. Crap, what Kaba said.
17. The more NFLN puts Mayock front and center, the more they will try to make him a centrist, and the more he will regress as a broadcaster. Crap, NFLN wants to be the anti-ESPN.
18. Brandon Weeden will prove to be a doofus, incapable of mastering an NFL offense, and have a sub-.500 career winning percentage in a spot-starter role for five years. Crap. I'm not sold on Weeden at all, but I don't think it's because he's dense. You may be right about having a sub-.500 career record, though.
19. Russell Wilson will be one of the three best QBs out of this year's draft class. Hmmmmmm. Well, what the hell--I think he's got about as good a chance as anyone after Luck and Griffin, so... Fact.
20. Kellen Moore will never get a fair shake or a real opportunity to start, and will become a fabulous college coach. Fact. Kellen Moore's draft grade on NFL.com is a 51.0, and Jordan Jefferson's is 50.0. That is the very definition of not getting a fair shake.
21. Brock Osweiler is a really weird dude. Fact. Has it been mentioned yet that he played basketball? Or is that implicit in his 6'7"-ness? Osweiler and Tannehill strike me as more or less interchangeable. One's a little faster, the other's a little taller, neither is going to be great (probably).

mkocs6
04-24-2012, 04:51 AM
4. Fact. Even his Brother, a long time starting olineman in the NFL, says he is, and I believe him. I'd say 'as good' though, its pretty tough to be better. (Remember, he turned DOWN a free trip to the draft live show, to go fishin' with his dad. Like a sir, indeed!)

I like the new guy.

mkocs6
04-24-2012, 05:03 AM
22. Janoris Jenkins will draw comparisons to Antonio Cromartie, to do more with his early life dating habits than his play. Fact.
23. Stephon Gilmore will be better regarded in his first three years in the league than Morris Claiborne because he will go late in the first round, to a better team than will Morris Claiborne. Crap. Kyle Wilson versus Joe Haden, anyone?
24. Whoever clocked the fastest times in the 40 yard dash for receivers, running backs, and cornerbacks will be a below average player at that position. Crap, Crap, and Fact. At receiver, three guys tied with 4.36 (Travis Benjamin, Stephen Hill, and Chris Owusu), and I'm betting on Hill and Owusu to be decent. At runningback, Lamar Miller was best, and I think an average NFL career isn't that great of a stretch. At corner, Josh Robinson of Central Florida takes the prize, and I'll go blind here and guess he's not going to be that great.
25. No tight end from this year's draft class will ever be All-Pro. Crap. Fleener could be a Witten if he goes to the right place. So, maybe that sounds more like crap.
26. No fullback will be drafted until the sixth round, causing the fans of whichever team cracks the seal to explode a la Scanners. I don't even know what this means, but I think someone will take a fullback before the sixth round, so let's call it crap.
27. Mel Kiper, having noticed that EVERYONE thinks Mayock is better at the same job, will be even louder and less coherent this year than ever before. We have a winner. Fact.
28. Seriously, a swimming pool is a giant pain in the ass. I don't doubt it.
29. Monday Night Football will be almost unwatchable. Double Fact. At least this year we don't have to watch Jacksonville. Twice.
30. Jerel Worthy will be one of the two best DTs in this year's draft class. You know what, FACT. This guy's a good, nasty player.

xaks
04-24-2012, 07:17 AM
I'm hoping he's a McCarthy/Thompson pick in the 3rd or 4th as a project/backup, personally.

But I could also see Andy Reid, Mike Holmgren, or one of the other wunderkind type coaches taking him for grins.

ScottDCP
04-24-2012, 07:51 AM
Okay, thought experiment here: I haven't thought about this until now, but doesn't Russell Wilson just scream--and I mean, SCREAM--Mike Holmgren pick in the 4th round?

I hope not. I have been thinking Buddy Nix pick in the fourth, and Holmgren goes first.

ScottDCP
04-24-2012, 08:58 AM
26. No fullback will be drafted until the sixth round, causing the fans of whichever team cracks the seal to explode a la Scanners. I don't even know what this means, but I think someone will take a fullback before the sixth round, so let's call it crap.

Ahh, to clarify:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY-03vYYAjA

ScottDCP
07-16-2012, 11:37 AM
17. The more NFLN puts Mayock front and center, the more they will try to make him a centrist, and the more he will regress as a broadcaster.

I never answered this one m'self.

13. Fact.
14. Fact, because TV production is predictable.
15. Oh my god I hate that thing.
16. Fact. I think he is gifted and will put up big numbers in Philly.
17. Crap. At least on the back end. I think he is still excellent and will remain that way. Here's hoping NFLN never hires former ESPN execs.
18. Crap. I think he's got a little Nuke LaLoosh in him, but he is good and the Browns are dedicated to him and will be better in the next few years.
19. Definitely.
20. Also definitely. Although right now it looks as if he maybe shouldn't be getting much of a look.
21. You betcha.

Colts01
08-28-2012, 05:04 PM
[spam]
Menu boy.........no drugs,only lunch special.