PDA

View Full Version : Andre Smith

Bengals1181
08-17-2010, 06:49 PM
back to practice today. Right side of the line locked down!

StarvinMarvin
08-17-2010, 06:58 PM
back to practice today. Right side of the line locked down!

Here's hoping. Will be praying we don't read a "Smith re-injures foot at practice" headline tomorrow.

Bunghole
08-19-2010, 06:50 PM
I hope its locked down...the Bengals need it to be. That 3 man rotation at RT like we used last season isn't an ideal situation.

Chompurself
08-19-2010, 07:28 PM
well he hasnt been in the headlines so thats a good thibg, hopefully it allows him to focus on football and be the player that we all kno he can be.....i hope he does well

Wordsworth
08-19-2010, 07:51 PM
He's such a huge kid. I hope he has lost some weight.

Bengals1181
08-19-2010, 11:42 PM
I hope its locked down...the Bengals need it to be. That 3 man rotation at RT like we used last season isn't an ideal situation.

I agree, but I think he will.

When he played last year, his men never came close to Carson. Some notable plays to watch (and I know you know this, but for others), are the 36yd TD to Chad against Detriot and the 49yd TD to Chad against the Chargers. Two of the longest pass plays of the season for the Bengals.

Bunghole
08-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Well, what do we think about Andre now? Are his poor showings in the preseason so far simply a result of a lack of practice and conditioning, or a lack of heart/desire? He looks to me like he doesn't enjoy football. I read somewhere that he said he had a "mean streak"...which I think is a desirable trait in a football player, especially an o-lineman. Well...where is that mean streak?

Bengals1181
08-30-2010, 10:38 AM
Well, what do we think about Andre now? Are his poor showings in the preseason so far simply a result of a lack of practice and conditioning, or a lack of heart/desire? He looks to me like he doesn't enjoy football. I read somewhere that he said he had a "mean streak"...which I think is a desirable trait in a football player, especially an o-lineman. Well...where is that mean streak?

I still lean towards conditioning and stamina. Even when you're giving good effort, if you're exhausted you're going to look lazy.

I don't doubt his talent or passion for the game. My one concern with him is his discpline with his diet. As a bigger guy, I can appreciate his issues. It's not part of my job to stay fit though.

Wordsworth
08-30-2010, 10:45 AM
I would think a guy who is being paid to be a professional athlete would get rid of some of that gratuitous flab on his body. It can't be helping his movement.

akardan
08-31-2010, 05:41 AM
Or his foot.