PDA

View Full Version : Recent posts is back

Andy Freeland
07-12-2012, 02:22 PM
After getting a few hours of sleep, I realized that the 'new posts' link in the secondary menu under activity stream was the old recent posts page. There's now a link to each in the top menu so you can pick which one you want or use both. The minor issue is that the activity stream button is active whether you're on the activity stream or recent posts. I'll fix that eventually, in the mean time that really doesn't hurt anything.

I think the activity stream could be cool with some work. It's just really ugly and takes up too much space. I also missed the 'last unread post' icon, which is what I use the most. I'll look into changing the way it looks eventually, but I can't do that until I update my test site (so I don't screw up the live site) so it might be a while.

Andy Freeland
07-12-2012, 02:27 PM
The activity stream also auto updates, sort of. If something new comes in while you're on the page it will give a 'new activity' bar across the top that you can click on. It updates once a minute and will stop updating after 5 minutes of inactivity so it isn't incredibly useful, but it is free.

wxwax
07-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Thank you. Nice job. Great to have the choice.

darvon
07-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Another error. When I try to click thru to article FP is up and running again from home page I get.

Warning: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Function spl_autoload_call() hasn't defined the class it was called for in [path]/vb/cache/db.php on line 151

Warning: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Function spl_autoload_call() hasn't defined the class it was called for in [path]/vb/cache/db.php on line 151

Log Out
Settings
My Profile
Notifications
No new messages
Inbox
Welcome, darvon

darvon
07-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Also, can we get the Josh video on the Home Page not to overlaap the right hand column

wxwax
07-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Another error. When I try to click thru to article FP is up and running again from home page I get.

Log Out
Settings
My Profile
Notifications
No new messages
Inbox
Welcome, darvon

For me (Firefox 13.0.1, Mac 10.6.8) all links to that article work fine.

The video does breach the vertical boundary lines, for me as well.

Andy Freeland
07-12-2012, 11:02 PM

Log Out
Settings
My Profile
Notifications
No new messages
Inbox
Welcome, darvon

Yes, that's the major issue outstanding. I am researching, getting nowhere yet.

BuckeyeRidley
07-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Yes, that's the major issue outstanding. I am researching, getting nowhere yet.

LOL! & Thanks for the hard work, Andy.