PDA

View Full Version : Last US Combat Troops Leave Iraq

bluestree
08-18-2010, 09:22 PM
As I'm writing this the last US combat troops stationed in Iraq are crossing the border into Kuwait, ending the American combat presence in that country. 50,000 of our soldiers remain behind as trainers for Iraqi forces. I'm a very political guy but this doesn't seem to be the place for that. We lost over 4,000 men and women in the Iraq war. They are now part of the long line of American heroes that gave everything for our nation. We honor their memory. Our hearts go out to their families, and to the soldiers and families of all our troops still in harms way. No matter the politics or the outcome, no one dies in vain who dies for our nation. They will never be forgotten. They have our undying gratitude. We are forever in their debt.

Tinindian
08-18-2010, 10:12 PM
My oldest son joined before 9-11 and has been in the Army ever since. He did 2 tours in Iraq, Purple heart, Bronze Star. We spent 2 years not sleeping very well.

I'm very proud of him even if he didn't go in the Navy like I told him too. LOL!

Wordsworth
08-18-2010, 10:26 PM
Nearly my entire family on both sides has been in the military as far back as we have records. I have the utmost respect for the service of our brave Americans and I'm glad everyone is getting to finally come home. It has been a really long time.

BuckeyeRidley
08-18-2010, 11:20 PM
God Bless all of our Men & Women in Military and service to our Country. I can't say or type enough gratitude that I feel for the Servicemembers who are defending the American Freedom. God Bless them for their selfless acts of humanity. Great to honor our Troops year round!

Polishguy00
08-19-2010, 08:09 AM
A sincere thank you comes from me and my family whenever we get the chance to give one. The men and women who fight for our country should never be disrespected.

InNOutBurgler
08-19-2010, 10:18 AM
As a former Army Medic...I must say this is a nice day to see...personally, I think we never should have friggin gone in there in the first place..but that's above my pay grade I guess. Never went to Iraq, just Afghani land back in '03...that place sucks and will be our next Vietnam, so we should leave there too, they don't even have any oil. Anyway...thanks for the kind words of support for my brethren.

TheLinc
08-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Here's to getting out of there and getting home safe.

Chompurself
08-25-2010, 10:15 PM
As I'm writing this the last US combat troops stationed in Iraq are crossing the border into Kuwait, ending the American combat presence in that country. 50,000 of our soldiers remain behind as trainers for Iraqi forces. I'm a very political guy but this doesn't seem to be the place for that. We lost over 4,000 men and women in the Iraq war. They are now part of the long line of American heroes that gave everything for our nation. We honor their memory. Our hearts go out to their families, and to the soldiers and families of all our troops still in harms way. No matter the politics or the outcome, no one dies in vain who dies for our nation. They will never be forgotten. They have our undying gratitude. We are forever in their debt.

As a former army medic and war veteran with 2 tours to Iraq, its great to see that people really do care and realize that its not always about the politics or picking sides, its about patriotism and support for the troops that are serving and that have served. Too many times we get involved in the debate of who's fault it was and whether or not is it right or wrong. Even though this is a sports site, thanks for posting this. Much respect to you man.

TheLinc
08-25-2010, 10:27 PM
Too many times we get involved in the debate of who's fault it was and whether or not is it right or wrong.

Yes, because that's certainly not a discussion worth having.

Pattrick
08-25-2010, 10:41 PM
Yes, because that's certainly not a discussion worth having.

pwned.

msclemons
08-26-2010, 02:02 AM
I'm glad the combat units are coming home but I'm concerned for the 50,000 "trainers" still in Iraq. Our men and women have done their duty over there. It's time to bring them home to their families.

If politics demands that they stay awhile longer then I will hope for their safety and continue to appreciate their sacrifices.

brauneyz
08-26-2010, 02:09 AM
I'm a very political guy but this doesn't seem to be the place for that.

And yet you posted anyway.