PDA

View Full Version : Regular Season Week 4 - Ravens @ Steelers - Sun. 10/03/10

Wordsworth
08-18-2010, 08:41 PM
Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers
Heinz Field, 1:00pm ET

Turk Schonert
10-01-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm driving down to the game with my oldest son (he's a huge Steelers fan). Should be a physical close game. The Ravens o-line is banged up, Ray Rice is banged up, I like the Steelers to go 4-0 without Big Ben. Who would of thought.

msclemons
10-01-2010, 07:30 PM
How did the son of a Cincinatti player end up as a Steelers fan. Did he get grounded and say "screw you dad I'm rooting for your mortal enemy"?

KabaModernFan
10-01-2010, 07:40 PM
I will not lose to Chaz Batch, I will not lose to Chaz Batch, I will not lose to Chaz Batch...

Turk Schonert
10-01-2010, 11:26 PM
How did the son of a Cincinatti player end up as a Steelers fan. Did he get grounded and say "screw you dad I'm rooting for your mortal enemy"?

He was born just after my playing days. I don't know how he became a Steelers fan, but I tell him, whatever team I'm coaching for is #1, then come
the Steelers. After all, the Steelers haven't bought him one thing.

Andy Freeland
10-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Turk is now on the record picking the Steelers over the Ravens and Browns over the Bengals, giving the Steelers a 2 game lead with their quarterback coming back.

Last year the Steelers went 9-7, same as the Ravens, but missed the playoffs on tie breakers. They went 2-4 in the division and 6-6 in the conference. For those of you that don't obsess over tie breakers, for wildcard tie breakers, you only bring one team out of each division. If you lose the tie breakers within your division, you're pretty much sunk, you never get to that next level. Every year there's a team that has to win their division outright because they lost too many division games in October and November, this is one of those games. Whichever team wins is assured of at least a tie in head-to-head. The team that loses has a must-win game December 5th (on Sunday Night Football, by the way).