PDA

View Full Version : Percy Harvin's condition

KabaModernFan
08-19-2010, 02:19 PM
After hearing the news that Harvin collapsed on the sidelines while watching practice today, possibly due to his chronic migraines, I really wanted to know more about what exactly his condition is and how much this could affect his career. So what I'm asking is whether or not you've ever dealt with a player who had the same condition as Harvin, and what both the short and long-term effect could be on his career.

TheRealJosh
08-20-2010, 01:29 AM
From what I've heard, they give liquid cocaine drips to the nose for extreme migraines. It's only done in a hospital and I'm not sure how it works, only that it does.

Wordsworth
08-20-2010, 03:43 PM
I am thinking perhaps it's a vitamin issue and they haven't figured out what it is yet. Anyone who is a Florida Gators fan here that can shed some light on whether this was an issue in college? I don't remember him having all these problems and missing practice at Florida. This is starting to become a major concern. I love Harvin as a player and I wish him the best.

BuckeyeRidley
08-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Very glad to hear that Percy is back today with his teammates today after being released from the hospital. Its good to know that a talented player and cool dude is back at it with his team. Despite the Vikings trying to see what can happen with getting Brett Favre's former Packers WR Javon Walker I think Harvin will be a good contribution in 2010.

Wordsworth
08-20-2010, 04:52 PM
I think it's hilarious that Javon Walker is being given a look by the Vikes.

BuckeyeRidley
08-20-2010, 05:00 PM
I think it's hilarious that Javon Walker is being given a look by the Vikes.

Maybe FavreWatch caused the Vikes to see something different with Javon; You Never Know!

Dr Stephen Pomeranz
08-29-2010, 03:36 PM
Dear Seattle and colleagues,

See my new post today on migraines. Most of the time, new medicines can provide excellent control of migraines that will allow a player to function at 100 percent. However, in Mr. Harvin's case, the migraines are severe, debilitating, and recurrent. That means its time to look for a secondary cause (as opposed to simple genetically-induced migraine) and the Mayo Clinic, where he has been for a bit, is a superb place to sort this out. Once the underlying cause is found and treated, he should be just fine. But, in a very small percentage of patients (<2%), the results are unpredictable.