PDA

View Full Version : 2012 FootballPros.com League II [Standard/Snake]

packa7x
08-24-2012, 01:57 AM
Hey guys, I figured trumpet's league would be "League I" so I defaulted to "League II"

Please be sure to check over the rules and look at the days you can all do the draft. Please post any concerns here!

Trumpetbdw
08-24-2012, 02:08 AM
Actually, I gave you the league 1 distinction, but it's no problem. Go ahead and leave it as is, I'll adjust.

Curtis
08-24-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm all signed up Packa. The draft date is cool with me, but I'll go with whatever is decided by everyone.

packa7x
08-24-2012, 11:40 AM
Haha, oops sorry Trumpet! Guess that would make more sense..d'oh!

packa7x
08-24-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm all signed up Packa. The draft date is cool with me, but I'll go with whatever is decided by everyone.

Awesome!!! Yeah I just threw up a date...not even sure if it's good for me or not haha. I figured half the league will have a problem with that date...I do that with all my leagues so I'm not married to a time.

Amy
08-24-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm signed up, too. Default day/time is good for me, too, if we keep it.

packa7x
08-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Awesome! Thanks a bunch Amy! Good luck :)

packa7x
08-26-2012, 08:06 AM
Cool. 1/2 the league is in. Can committed to flatulence let me know who they are so I can message the other 1/2?

packa7x
08-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Gosh darn...join the leagueeeeeee peopleee

Curtis
08-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Which players are not signed up? Are they having difficulties with nfl.com?

Please communicate any issues.

My team is Vilma the Bounty Hunter.

packa7x
08-27-2012, 12:49 PM
We're waiting on most people...you Amy and one other are signed up...6 more to go

packa7x
08-28-2012, 10:03 AM
Anyone still having trouble joining, please click this link and enter the league ID and password.

http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/privateleaguejoin

Pruitt
08-29-2012, 09:19 AM
Cool. 1/2 the league is in. Can committed to flatulence let me know who they are so I can message the other 1/2?

"Commitment To Flatulence" was the name I used in my money league last year as a tribute to the once great Al Davis.

packa7x
08-29-2012, 05:12 PM
Hahaha awesome, thanks Pruitt!

Waiting on:
Vancemeek
RSConn5
Cleanpants
PFloyd

vancemeek
08-29-2012, 05:51 PM
I'm in.

packa7x
08-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Awesome thanks vance

packa7x
08-31-2012, 10:45 AM
Waiting on Cleanpants and PFloyd...trumpet, are you sure these guys have even come back on the board since you accepted them?

Curtis
08-31-2012, 10:54 AM
Wow, took me a bit to find this thread again cuz it was buried under way too many articles.

Anyhoo, we only need two more to sign in and we are gold.

Curtis
08-31-2012, 10:59 AM
Cleanpants' only comment was joining the FF. Back on the 18th. Hasn't been back since.

PFloyd is pretty much the same deal.

I think we may need to replace them.

Trumpetbdw
08-31-2012, 11:00 AM
When is your draft?

Curtis
08-31-2012, 11:03 AM
When is your draft?

Sep 4th

packa7x
08-31-2012, 07:04 PM
Gonna go ahead and open up those 2 spots. Anyone want in?

Raven
09-03-2012, 11:03 AM
Packa, are you planning on keeping that time for the draft? I'm working and I don't have a job where I am at a computer. I can do it in the evening. If not I will just put it on auto pick.

packa7x
09-03-2012, 11:23 AM
I have another draft tomorrow night. I can change it to the evening for you guys if need be...I don't kind auto picking because I'm going to have to do it anyway.

packa7x
09-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Actually...can you do 2 drafts at once?

Raven
09-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Actually...can you do 2 drafts at once?

I don't know about 2 at the same time. I've never been in that situation.
They let you use mobile devices now, so I can try to do some of the picks on my phone if we stay at that time. If I don't pick in the allotted time, will it just pick for me?

packa7x
09-03-2012, 11:59 AM
I tried using the iPad for NFL.com...didn't work

packa7x
09-03-2012, 12:00 PM
And yeah, it will just auto pick if you miss a pick.

Raven
09-03-2012, 12:10 PM
I tried using the iPad for NFL.com...didn't work

It let me do a mock on the iPad and it says my system will work when I checked. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

packa7x
09-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Is it the original iPad? Or iPad 2???

Raven
09-03-2012, 01:05 PM
Is it the original iPad? Or iPad 2???

iPad 2

packa7x
09-03-2012, 02:35 PM
That may be it. I hve the original. I'm gonna push the draft back a bit for tomorrow, maybe we can pull it off.

packa7x
09-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Anyone opposed to a 730 PM draft time?

RSConn5
09-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Anytime is good for me

Pruitt
09-03-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm set up for auto draft... and will be there "in person" if I can.

Auto draft is great as it gives a built-in excuse for having a crappy team. Mike Holmgren would kill for such an excuse.

BobbyJ
09-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Packa, I'm all signed up for the Standard League.

packa7x
09-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Awesome guys, thank you! I'm going to keep it at 730PM start time.

Patrick Sullivan
09-04-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm all signed up. I had something come up last minute and will have to go with the auto-draft option (at least at the start of the draft). I'll try to make an appearance to make some even worse picks than the computer. Good luck drafting, everybody.

Trumpetbdw
09-04-2012, 07:23 PM
We've created a monster. Suddenly Biggie is an FF fiend.

packa7x
09-04-2012, 07:30 PM
How can he not love a fine bonding activity with his FB Pros brothers! :D

BobbyJ
09-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Thanks guys for asking me to join, I had fun!

Trumpetbdw
09-04-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm glad Bobby was able to jump in, because I would have missed out on the entire draft. Hope it went well. Post your teams, I'd love to see how all of you did.

BobbyJ
09-04-2012, 11:04 PM
QB - M.Ryan / A.Luck
WR - C.Johnson / W.Welker / V.Jackson / P.Garcon
RB - C.Johnson / D.Martin / S.Greene / P.Hillis / R.Helu
TE - A.Gates
K - J.Hanson
Def - Steelers / Broncos

Tell me what ya think. Took some gambles, hope my RB's hold up.

Trumpetbdw
09-04-2012, 11:22 PM
QB - M.Ryan / A.Luck
WR - C.Johnson / W.Welker / V.Jackson / P.Garcon
RB - C.Johnson / D.Martin / S.Greene / P.Hillis / R.Helu
TE - A.Gates
K - J.Hanson
Def - Steelers / Broncos

Tell me what ya think. Took some gambles, hope my RB's hold up.

By now, I hope everyone on this site knows my thoughts on Matt Ryan this year. And despite my RGIII love, I actually took Andrew Luck in my home league to back up Rodgers, so I like that pick as well. Not being a PPR hurts Welker, but where I'm guessing you got him, it was probably pretty good value. The RBs are risky, but I like the starters.

I going to play a game, and I need you to tell me how I do. I'm going to guess the round selected for each player. I'm guessing you picked 9th or 10th in a 10 teamer.

1- Calvin Johnson
2- Chris Johnson
3- Welker
4- Gates
5- Martin
6- Ryan
7- VJax
8- Greene
9- Hillis
10- Garcon
11- Steelers
12- Luck
13- Helu
14- Hanson
15- Broncos

How'd I do?

BobbyJ
09-04-2012, 11:44 PM
By now, I hope everyone on this site knows my thoughts on Matt Ryan this year. And despite my RGIII love, I actually took Andrew Luck in my home league to back up Rodgers, so I like that pick as well. Not being a PPR hurts Welker, but where I'm guessing you got him, it was probably pretty good value. The RBs are risky, but I like the starters.

I going to play a game, and I need you to tell me how I do. I'm going to guess the round selected for each player. I'm guessing you picked 9th or 10th in a 10 teamer.

1- Calvin Johnson
2- Chris Johnson
3- Welker
4- Gates
5- Martin
6- Ryan
7- VJax
8- Greene
9- Hillis
10- Garcon
11- Steelers
12- Luck
13- Helu
14- Hanson
15- Broncos

How'd I do?

Correct 10th out of 10

1- Correct
2- Correct
3- Correct
4- Martin
5- Ryan
6- Gates
7- Greene
8- Jackson
9- Correct
10- Correct
11- Luck
12- Steelers
13- Hanson
14- Helu
15- Correct

So 6 out of 15 correct and you had a couple just flip flopped so well done my friend. Looks like you should have drafted for me. And please explain your view on Ryan, i honestly dont know how you feel about him.

Trumpetbdw
09-05-2012, 12:04 AM
Here's the link to my QB article... http://footballpros.com/content.php/1548-The-Commish-Report-Quarterbacks

This is taken from one of my comments following the article...

Matt Ryan
His rates are improving as he gains weapons around him. Roddy White is an awfully explosive Mr. Reliable, Julio Jones should be even better in his 2nd year, and an increased role for Jacquizz Rodgers will also help him a great deal. Plus, I mentioned this in an earlier post, but over the 2nd half of last season, including nearly 3 full games without Jones and a final game where he was taken out after 9 passes, Ryan averaged 277 yards and 2+ TDs. He was one of only 8 QBs last year with 15+ fantasy points in at least 10 of his game. And he's still only 27, and improving every season. All signs point to a breakout.

Gates in 6? Wow. I nearly put Martin in 4, but I didn't think Gates would have fallen to 6. But in a standard, maybe it makes a bit more sense. And with the 10th pick, to be fair, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10 are all the same. So the only two I missed were Gates and Martin, with bonus points for correctly predicting your 10th position.

In other words, I don't like to admit I'm wrong. Ever.

BobbyJ
09-05-2012, 01:27 AM
Here's the link to my QB article... http://footballpros.com/content.php/1548-The-Commish-Report-Quarterbacks

This is taken from one of my comments following the article...

Gates in 6? Wow. I nearly put Martin in 4, but I didn't think Gates would have fallen to 6. But in a standard, maybe it makes a bit more sense. And with the 10th pick, to be fair, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10 are all the same. So the only two I missed were Gates and Martin, with bonus points for correctly predicting your 10th position.

In other words, I don't like to admit I'm wrong. Ever.

Nice point of view on Ryan. Id like to see what your predictions are for a different spot were you dont have the back to back luxury.

occaphare
09-05-2012, 09:06 AM
35 year-old Priest Tekatokikuta Mutolo is literally hooked on christian louboutin shoes playing golf, entertaining. And lastly she is interested in discovering and visiting different locations and countries around the world like Kingston, Norfolk Island. South Lyon-born Tekatokikuta is excited about christian louboutin shoes meditation, snorkeling. Lastly she also really loves enjoying an Anaheim Ducks ice-hockey-game IRL. Physician Secretary Tekatokikuta is wholly hooked on christian louboutin shoes radio controlled airplanes, kayaking. She also really loves exploring new places just like Chitungwiza,Zimbabwe. whats the name of the shoes with the red bottom (http://bbs.cezanne.beeven.com/viewthread.php?tid=262990&extra=) ,Fire Safety Officer Tekatokikuta is sincerely all in favour of christian louboutin shoes mma, tea tasting. And lastly she's is getting practically all her motivation through devoting spare time together with her husband. South Lyon-born Tekatokikuta Mutolo loves christian louboutin shoes yoga, string figures. Finally, she also enjoys checking out an icehockey match in real life. Tailor Tekatokikuta Mutolo is hooked on christian louboutin shoes rc vehicles, chess. Her stimulus stems from following an Washington Capitals ice-hockey-game. christian louboutin online store (http://limboom.com/blog.php?user=35844&blogentry_id=119183) , Visalia-born Tekatokikuta really loves christian louboutin shoes style, bird watching. She is getting her drive by spending precious time together with her neighbours. 45 year old Realtor Tekatokikuta Mutolo is hooked on christian louboutin shoes coaching and football. And finally, her encouragement originates from investigating new cities and towns as an example, to Ukraine. 38 yrs old Street vendor Tekatokikuta really loves christian louboutin shoes old binoculars, birding. The thing that she treasure the most is exploring new towns and cities in particular to Spot Valley, Jamaica. where can i buy christian louboutin shoes (http://www.articlesareus.com/submitarticles.php?act=edit&id=1080280) .

Colts01
09-05-2012, 09:15 AM
35 year-old Priest Tekatokikuta Mutolo is literally hooked on christian louboutin shoes playing golf, entertaining. And lastly she is interested in discovering and visiting different locations and countries around the world like Kingston, Norfolk Island. South Lyon-born Tekatokikuta is excited about christian louboutin shoes meditation, snorkeling. Lastly she also really loves enjoying an Anaheim Ducks ice-hockey-game IRL. Physician Secretary Tekatokikuta is wholly hooked on christian louboutin shoes radio controlled airplanes, kayaking. She also really loves exploring new places just like Chitungwiza,Zimbabwe. whats the name of the shoes with the red bottom (http://bbs.cezanne.beeven.com/viewthread.php?tid=262990&extra=) ,Fire Safety Officer Tekatokikuta is sincerely all in favour of christian louboutin shoes mma, tea tasting. And lastly she's is getting practically all her motivation through devoting spare time together with her husband. South Lyon-born Tekatokikuta Mutolo loves christian louboutin shoes yoga, string figures. Finally, she also enjoys checking out an icehockey match in real life. Tailor Tekatokikuta Mutolo is hooked on christian louboutin shoes rc vehicles, chess. Her stimulus stems from following an Washington Capitals ice-hockey-game. christian louboutin online store (http://limboom.com/blog.php?user=35844&blogentry_id=119183) , Visalia-born Tekatokikuta really loves christian louboutin shoes style, bird watching. She is getting her drive by spending precious time together with her neighbours. 45 year old Realtor Tekatokikuta Mutolo is hooked on christian louboutin shoes coaching and football. And finally, her encouragement originates from investigating new cities and towns as an example, to Ukraine. 38 yrs old Street vendor Tekatokikuta really loves christian louboutin shoes old binoculars, birding. The thing that she treasure the most is exploring new towns and cities in particular to Spot Valley, Jamaica. where can i buy christian louboutin shoes (http://www.articlesareus.com/submitarticles.php?act=edit&id=1080280) .

Wow!Really?Thanks troll.

Curtis
09-05-2012, 10:17 AM
For some reason I really love christian louboutin shoes. What's with all the spam recently?

#bootstoass

Pruitt
09-05-2012, 10:46 AM
I pre-set my top 60 or so and let my friend Mr. Otto Pick fill out my roster (which explains the Jake Locker Pick).

My team:

QB:
Rodgers (Hooray!)
Locker

RB:
Steven Jackson
Michael Turner
Jonathan Stewart
Toby Gerhart (also took him in my money league in the 6th or 7th round. Peterson went 12th overall0
C.J. Spiller (probowler!)
Alfred Morris (I don't know who this is)

WR:
Lloyd
Maclin
Tightass Young
Heyward-Bey

TE:
Vernon Davis

K:
Akers

D:
Packers

Waiver moves are pending.

Trumpetbdw
09-05-2012, 11:01 AM
I pre-set my top 60 or so and let my friend Mr. Otto Pick fill out my roster (which explains the Jake Locker Pick).

My team:

QB:
Rodgers (Hooray!)
Locker

RB:
Steven Jackson
Michael Turner
Jonathan Stewart
Toby Gerhart (also took him in my money league in the 6th or 7th round. Peterson went 12th overall0
C.J. Spiller (probowler!)
Alfred Morris (I don't know who this is)

WR:
Lloyd
Maclin
Tightass Young
Heyward-Bey

TE:
Vernon Davis

K:
Akers

D:
Packers

Waiver moves are pending.

What pick did you have? I'm gonna guess it was early, pick 3?

Anyway, for fun...

1- Rodgers
2- Jackson
3- Turner
4- Lloyd
5- Maclin
6- Davis
7- Stewart
8- Young
9- Gerhart
10- Spiller
11- Packers
12- Heyward-Bey
13- Packers
14- Locker (whom I like a lot this year)
15- Morris

Really good team if the RBs stay healthy, Lloyd does as some are predicting and gives you 2/3 of Randy Moss's 2007 season (which would be 15 TDs), and Maclin plays to his capabilities now that he's healthy to start the season.

For the record, I don't think Lloyd gets 15 TDs, but I do think 1200 yards and 10 TDs are very possible.

tubbs1518
09-05-2012, 11:02 AM
QB - Cam Newton/RGIII
RB - Ray Rice/MJD/Ryan Matthews/Rashad Jennings/Steven Ridley
WR - Dez Bryant/Torey Smith/Stevie Johnson/Malcolm Floyd/DeSean Jackson
TE - Greg Olson
K - Josh Scobee
DEF - Buffalo

Trumpetbdw
09-05-2012, 11:14 AM
QB - Cam Newton/RGIII
RB - Ray Rice/MJD/Ryan Matthews/Rashad Jennings/Steven Ridley
WR - Dez Bryant/Torey Smith/Stevie Johnson/Malcolm Floyd/DeSean Jackson
TE - Greg Olson
K - Josh Scobee
DEF - Buffalo

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. That team is loaded at QB, RB, and WR. Mathews is taking too big of a fall in these drafts. That's some pretty unbelievable depth.

I'm guessing your TE, K, and DEF were your last 3 picks. Olsen is a name that wasn't mentioned in the waiver column yesterday, but is an interesting choice. He could easily have a really nice 60-65 catch, 6-8 TD year. I also like Buffalo.

Scobee cracks me up, though. Was Phil Dawson already taken?

tubbs1518
09-05-2012, 11:26 AM
I didn't figure Jax would score a ton of TDs so I figured he would be a good choice for a K. He was also my last pick. And yes I went D, TE, K with my last 3 picks.

BobbyJ
09-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Winner, winner, chicken dinner. That team is loaded at QB, RB, and WR. Mathews is taking too big of a fall in these drafts. That's some pretty unbelievable depth.

I'm guessing your TE, K, and DEF were your last 3 picks. Olsen is a name that wasn't mentioned in the waiver column yesterday, but is an interesting choice. He could easily have a really nice 60-65 catch, 6-8 TD year. I also like Buffalo.

Scobee cracks me up, though. Was Phil Dawson already taken?

Hey don't make fun of our MVP/Captain! He's all we got.

packa7x
09-06-2012, 01:07 AM
Tubbs had a good strategy for kicker...you either want a guy on a team like new Orleans or Jacksonville.

BobbyJ
09-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Tubbs had a good strategy for kicker...you either want a guy on a team like new Orleans or Jacksonville.

I believe Uwe von Schamann was still available.