PDA

View Full Version : Happy 90th Birthday NFL!

BuckeyeRidley
08-20-2010, 07:57 AM
90 years ago today, it all started in Canton, OH! The massive and enormous entity and obsession that happens to be the fabric of our lives began in a modest hometown at Hupmobile dealership. So much history and so much love for "A Kids Game" that we can recall. Honored to say league offices were in my hometown of Columbus, OH between 1921-1941. I'm a huge fan because of, well, everything! The History, competition, talent, merchandise, food, cheerleaders---You Name It!! Why do you love the NFL? What makes it SO popular that people can't get enough?

Colts01
08-20-2010, 02:17 PM
the NFL is the closest thing in America to modern day gladiators.As fans we become connected to our teams and players,they become "we".It affects everything from your emotions to your bank account.After the Colts won the super bowl it was "We won",and when they lost last year it was "we lost".Some fans are more casual then others but nothing can bring a city together quite like a super bowl,just ask New Orleans,that to me is what is great about the NFL.

BuckeyeRidley
08-20-2010, 02:23 PM
the NFL is the closest thing in America to modern day gladiators.As fans we become connected to our teams and players,they become "we".It affects everything from your emotions to your bank account.After the Colts won the super bowl it was "We won",and when they lost last year it was "we lost".Some fans are more casual then others but nothing can bring a city together quite like a super bowl,just ask New Orleans,that to me is what is great about the NFL.

Thanks Colts!! The NFL has exploded and has a place in the soft spot of the hearts of fans all over the world. I like it when fans say "we"!! Yes, some of us are Madden Champions and never played a league down but its taking pride in the team and franchises that are like family.

Ragar
08-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Yay for the NFL!!! With the upcoming labor issues, it would be best for the NFL to remember it is an entertainment industry, and please continue to entertain us with no Lock Out.

BuckeyeRidley
08-21-2010, 01:11 AM
I think this is a celebration worth taking note of. There are a lot of moments that help us to stay loyal. The Catch. Music City Miracle. Tyree. John Elway's Helicopter Spin. Love The Shield, Love The Game.