PDA

View Full Version : Offensive line

BMW
08-20-2010, 10:55 AM
In preseason one thing I enjoy watching more than anything is the offensive and defensive lines. When comparing Indy's and New England's there was no contest. Peyton was hurried I feel like every time he dropped back and like normal Brady had all day.

I like watching the lines because I feel like those are the most real things to watch during preseason. Watching Indy I got the impression that maybe the Texans or someone else might over throw them this year. But then again Peyton Manning makes reads quicker than anyone else in the league. So maybe I'm just reading into it too much.

Any thoughts?

Colts01
08-20-2010, 11:25 AM
The Colts have won only 4 of their last 25 preseason games.I agree that the O-line is a very legitimate concern in the Colts case and it could become a huge problem if the O-line doesnt get healthy.This is the first time in 12 years without retired line guru Howard Mudd.I think he will be missed.Mudd gave the O line stabilty and always preached that the difference between a good and great offensive line was cohesion.
Getting Jeff Saturday back will be a huge help but I agree the O-line is vital for any team,even when you have one Peyton Manning.It would not suprise me if the Texans won in week 1 however Im no where near ready to say the Colts wont continue winning 11+ this year.

TheLinc
08-20-2010, 12:46 PM
I'm really hesitant to read much into anything preseason. One the starters demonstrate they are over whatever injuries may have been nagging and the primary back-ups have shown some flare, I generally tune out and just pay more attention to who gets playing time and how they do. The Eagles O-Line is the bigger question mark for the team, so I admit I'm a bit more anxious than usual to see how Andrews, Cole and Herremans stand up, but it's all a show until week one, in my opinion.

Wordsworth
08-20-2010, 03:39 PM
The Colts have won 12+ games since 2002 and since 1999 have only had one year with less than double-digit wins (6-10, 2001). I would not read too much into the preseason performance of their squad because they have proven that it means very little to what they bring starting week 1. I do agree their offensive line is a concern particularly with the health of Jeff Saturday, but I am not ready to dethrone them in the AFC South even though my second team (Houston) is looking to steal their spotlight this year. Time will tell.