PDA

View Full Version : Still can't stop them on third down.

ScottDCP
09-09-2012, 05:16 PM
My takeaways:

1. Fitz threw about eighteen too many interceptions. The first two looked like he decided to throw, confirmed his decision, and then threw. Lousy game.

2. Donald Jones is not exactly a difference-maker.

3. The young guys in the secondary are not very good at the old Cover 2.

4. Pass rush isn't in town yet.

5. If the rush isn't working, when do you try something new, like blitzing?Sanchez is not good under pressure. If you cannot bring it the way you want to, bring it another way.

6. This ref will not overturn a call, so good luck with the red flags. First two replays should have led to changes without delay.

7. Someone better take a good hard shot at Landry. He dove for the knee and lead with his elbow.

8. Spiller is getting better, but criminy that fumble was a killer.

9. Who was the gunner who got tackled on the punt return for touchdown? I don't remember, but his number is 16.

10. If they have the hands team out, why send the kid on for the onside kick, rather than the fifteen year vet?

11. Still can't stop anyone on third down.

12. The sound of me eating a single Cheeto can wake my daughter form a great nap.

13. Lost two most reliable offensive skill players - Jackson and Nelson. Makes life tough.

14. I am heartened by the effort to stay in it, but the last five minutes looked like the first half.

14. That just sucked.

brauneyz
09-09-2012, 05:42 PM
I agree, it sucked. I stopped watching when they were down by 87, but it appears they came back and scored some in the 2nd half. Good gawd, against the Jesters! Jersey will be insufferable for the upcoming week.

It's it too late to change my predictions? I had Bills getting a WC slot and NJJ missing playoffs. I'll try not to over-react, but ... ICK! :(

ScottDCP
09-09-2012, 05:48 PM
I'd say don't over-react. It looked like the single biggest problem was pass defense, and Sanchez is one of the better passers they will face this year.

ScottDCP
09-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Also, Brad Smith is actually a pretty good punt cover guy. The rest of the unit sucked as well on that one. He is just the only guy on the field then making 3 million dollars a year and taking a spot away from Naamaan Roosevelt.

Swami
09-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Although this is National Overreaction Day, I am fully despondent. Point #10 is a good one, especially in hindsight. Just think, though, how different this game might have been had they managed to sign Mario Williams! Oh, wait, ...

Pruitt
09-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Watched the debacle with my daughter the Patriots fan. Switching back and forth between the Pats game and the Bills game made things even more depressing.

has Fitzpatrick always had such a slow release? It looked like every pass was a major effort for him.

5. If the rush isn't working, when do you try something new, like blitzing?

So obvious, it's really a rhetorical question. Yet one that never occurred to Wannstadt.