PDA

View Full Version : Regular season Week 1 preview

Colts01
08-20-2010, 04:01 PM
Week 1 games (Divisional games in bold)... *Cris and Al calling game,**Monday night Football

*Minnesota at New Orleans-8:30pm(ET)
Miami at Buffalo-1:00pm(ET)
Detroit at Chicago-1:00pm(ET)
Oakland at Tennessee-1:00pm(ET)
Cincinnati at New England-1:00pm(ET)
Carolina at NY Giants-1:00pm(ET)
Atlanta at Pittsburgh-1:00pm(ET)
Cleveland at Tampa Bay-1:00pm(ET)
Denver at Jacksonville-1:00pm(ET)
Indianapolis at Houston-1:00pm(ET)
San Francisco at Seattle-4:15pm(ET)
Green Bay at Philadelphia-4:15pm(ET)
Arizona at St. Louis-4:15pm(ET)
*Dallas at Washington-8:20pm(ET)
**Baltimore at NY Jets-7:00pm(ET)
**San Diego at Kansas City-10:15pm(ET)

Wordsworth
08-20-2010, 04:49 PM
I like that you indicated which game is the SNF crew. Good call, Colts :)

I am really looking forward to some of these games. Vikings-Saints obviously because of how the last one ended. Colts-Texans because I think that will be a more competitive battle this year for the division lead. Packers-Eagles should be fun to watch with big hits and big plays on both sides. I think the most brutal game of the week will be Ravens-Jets Sunday night. Cris and Al scored a good one for their regular season debut. That's the one I most want to see.

FessJL0861
08-20-2010, 05:16 PM
They will have plenty to keep them busy in that game. Plus I have a feeling offense will come at a premium, so lots of coaching from the booth.

StaggerMcTipsy
08-21-2010, 04:54 PM
MIN-NO because it's a rematch of last year's NFC Championship, CAR-NYG because it's a rematch from the embarrassment last year (in my opinion the worst Giants game of all time).

KabaModernFan
08-21-2010, 05:06 PM
BAL-NYJ because I'm a homer, and also because it's a game between two teams getting a lot of hype in the AFC this year. Whoever wins this game takes huge first step in the right direction in vindicating all the praise.

ItsAlwaysSunnyHere
08-26-2010, 01:22 PM
You have to go with NO vs Minn just because of last year’s post season/Favre it will have the greatest mass appeal. However, the two that I'm most interested in are the Green Bay vs Philly and Dallas vs Washington mostly because Green Bay and Dallas have both established themselves as teams to reckon with this season and Washington and Philly have the potential for a great season but there have been a lot of changes and philly is a young team and washington older. I really want to watch how these two teams turn out because there are so many questions.

sabre
08-26-2010, 02:06 PM
I'm just upset that once again I have to wait completely through opening weekend to get to my Bolts game. Living in NY means I have to wait up all night just to see them. Thanks NFL...again.

Andy Freeland
08-26-2010, 02:57 PM
I like that you indicated which game is the SNF crew. Good call, Colts :)

I like that too, except for the fact you missed one (Vikings@Saints).

I said it in another thread but it's worth repeating, Colts @ Texans is by far the game of the week for me. The Texans are 1-15 all-time vs the Colts, if they want to be considered a legitimate playoff contender they have to show they can beat the Colts, at least at home.

msclemons
08-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Over/under on the total hours of sleep for Cris and Andy from Thursday to Sunday: 11 hrs

Turk Schonert
08-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Over/under on the total hours of sleep for Cris and Andy from Thursday to Sunday: 11 hrs

They might get that much Saturday night alone. Remember, they have a night game, they can sleep all day.

Wordsworth
08-26-2010, 06:19 PM

I said it in another thread but it's worth repeating, Colts @ Texans is by far the game of the week for me. The Texans are 1-15 all-time vs the Colts, if they want to be considered a legitimate playoff contender they have to show they can beat the Colts, at least at home.

That statistic is on the mind of every person in the city of Houston, believe me. We all know that number.

Wordsworth
08-26-2010, 06:19 PM

That statistic is on the mind of every person in the city of Houston, believe me. We all know that number.

hassan812
08-26-2010, 07:39 PM
1. Min vs. New Orleans (Rematch of arguably the best game of the year)
2. NYJ vs. Bal (Two of the most hyped teams coming into the year)
3. Cin. vs. New Eng. (Debut of T.O. and Ocho + Pats are one of the teams that nobody really knows what to expect from)

Andy Freeland
08-26-2010, 07:58 PM
3. Cin. vs. New Eng. (Debut of T.O. and Ocho + Pats are one of the teams that nobody really knows what to expect from)

This is another good one. The reigning champs of the AFC's 2 closest divisions. Both teams lost in the first round of the playoffs last year (ironically, each to the other's division rival). The Bengals are to some degree in the same boat as the Texans. They have to show that they can play with the big boys. They beat up their own division last year, but haven't beaten teams like the Pats, Colts and Chargers (all of whom they play this year) in a long time.

Colts01
08-26-2010, 10:02 PM

theres your * Andy....heh

Wordsworth
08-27-2010, 03:37 AM
This is another good one. The reigning champs of the AFC's 2 closest divisions. Both teams lost in the first round of the playoffs last year (ironically, each to the other's division rival). The Bengals are to some degree in the same boat as the Texans. They have to show that they can play with the big boys. They beat up their own division last year, but haven't beaten teams like the Pats, Colts and Chargers (all of whom they play this year) in a long time.

Indeed sir. Cincinnati came out of nowhere (to me) winning the North last year. Can Benson play the way he did the start of last season, or will he break down midway and leave their passing game vulnerable? Maybe Bernard Scott can step it up- that guy is a playmaker.

Call me crazy but the Browns v. Bucs game might be a lot of fun to watch.

msclemons
09-05-2010, 03:25 PM

I won't call you crazy. Maybe masochistic but not crazy.

I see 5 really compelling games Cincy @ NE, Minn @ NO, GB @ Philly, Indy @ HOU, Balt @ NYJ. Toss in my own interest in the 49ers and Raiders games. I should be in a comfortable football coma by next Tuesday.

Turk Schonert
09-05-2010, 03:50 PM
I won't call you crazy. Maybe masochistic but not crazy.

I see 5 really compelling games Cincy @ NE, Minn @ NO, GB @ Philly, Indy @ HOU, Balt @ NYJ. Toss in my own interest in the 49ers and Raiders games. I should be in a comfortable football coma by next Tuesday.

Atlanta @ Pittsburgh & Dallas @ Washington are also quite compelling to me.

Wordsworth
09-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Sucks I have have Michael Turner and Matt Ryan on the same fantasy team and I open the season @ Pittsburgh lol

mkocs6
09-06-2010, 01:51 AM

I know I'll be watching the Brownies this Sunday. I'm really interested in how Atlanta will play, too, but this is a very appetizing opening weekend all around. Combine this with the great slate of college games on Saturday (Ohio State-Miami (FL), FSU-Oklahoma, Penn State-Alabama, just to name a few) and this is one hell of a football weekend.