PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else fired up for Zoltan Mesko?

PrestigeWorldwide
08-20-2010, 05:16 PM
I have to be honest I don't know how great of an actual punter he is going to be but just for having a fantastic name I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt for at least one year. Through two games though he is part of a rookie class for the Pats that looks like the franchise could be turning things back around in the right direction after some abysmal drafts the last 5 or 6 years. Hernandez and Gronkowski both look impressive so far, they may not be able to run a straight line as fast as Ben Watson but at least they seem to have some semblance of a clue when it comes to route running.

brauneyz
08-20-2010, 05:25 PM
I must admit I spent a lot of time trying to find where Zoltan hides his cape. He's Superman's uncle, brother to Jor-El, right? :)

Running game looked a lot better, but I was equally impressed with the bevy of new TE. Offense is looking good. Still have some concerns about our young D so that's what I'll continue to watch in preseason.

Mythology
08-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Zolton has a frigg'n leg. His hang-time for punts were consistently in the 4.25 to 4.75 second range. I worked at the University of Michigan games, and his punting was something to watch (especially these past couple of years). Not only could he boot the ball far, but he started getting really adept at angle kicks that would go out of bounds between the 5 and 15 yard lines.

imiweli
08-22-2010, 01:03 AM
Was really psyched for this pick

Zoltan > Hanson

well to be frank

Everyone > Hanson

msclemons
08-22-2010, 01:33 AM
Gotta admit, that is the best named player I've ever seen. How can you not root for Zoltan?

Pattrick
08-22-2010, 06:30 AM
Just stopped by to see how many Superman jokes were posted. I was not let down.

stranman
08-22-2010, 09:07 AM
He'll be a good punter based on his college career and what we've seen so far in the pre-season.

brauneyz
08-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Just stopped by to see how many Superman jokes were posted. I was not let down.

"Thank you", she says, while bowing deeply. :)