PDA

View Full Version : NFL suspends Shawn Nelson 4 games

Colts01
08-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Shawn Nelson's second season as a tight end for the Buffalo Bills will be shortened by four games after he was suspended for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.
Nelson, drafted in the fourth round last year out of Southern Mississippi, started 12 games as a rookie for the Bills. He caught 17 passes for 156 yards.

Nelson can practice and play throughout the remainder of the Bills' preseason. The Bills were already short-handed at tight end after Derek Schouman hurt his knee in Thursday's 34-21 preseason victory over the Indianapolis Colts.

Nelson' suspension begins Sept. 4, eight days before the Bills' first regular-season game against the Miami Dolphins.

Nelson will also miss games against the Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots and New York Jets.

Nelson's agent, Joel Segal, declined comment when reached by The Associated Press.

ScottDCP
08-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Wow. James Hardy, Aaron Maybin, Shawn Nelson, Leodis McKelvin. All have missed a fair chunk of games. Hardy and McKelvin thru injury, Nelson now thru a mystery - either stupid or addicted, and Maybin thru suck. Sorry, need more sleep, feeling a bit cranky. Also sat thru Serendipity recently. NOT one of the four best movies of all time.

PumpknOne
08-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Wow. James Hardy, Aaron Maybin, Shawn Nelson, Leodis McKelvin. All have missed a fair chunk of games. Hardy and McKelvin thru injury, Nelson now thru a mystery - either stupid or addicted, and Maybin thru suck. Sorry, need more sleep, feeling a bit cranky. Also sat thru Serendipity recently. NOT one of the four best movies of all time.

Com'on! You don't like the Kenny G wannabe flute player? He was great!

Darren83
08-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Nelson issued a rather inarticulate statement over the weekend:

"On behalf of my team, my family, my church family, the great city of Buffalo, the fans, I want to just say I apologize. It's not nothing bad, nothing illegal that happened. There's rumors that I was dealing with different types of things that myself is not involved in. I'm not that guy, I'm a guy of character. I'm a guy who works hard. I will be suspended for the first four games of the season. I'll be back on October 4th, I'm excited about getting back with my team and working out with my team. I spoke with some of my teammates earlier today and told them what was really going on. I spoke to my coaches, my GM, and we're all on the same page. I've got the same plan down. I'll be working out with Tom Shaw in Orlando for the rest of the season. You want to know about my playing time when I get back, you have to talk to Chan Gailey about that. That's it."

If it's not anything illegal, then he must've been using PEDs. Which would make sense as Nelson is an uninspiring blocker and needs to bulk up.