07-03-2010, 06:56 AM
Create a Facebook page Cris

A lot of people can see the site then

Cris Collinsworth
07-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Explain to me how that would help. Thx.

giantsfan97
07-05-2010, 05:28 PM
If you create a facebook page and I become a "fan" of it on facebook, then all my facebook friends will see that I am a fan of it, and they might check it out for themselves.

Cris Collinsworth
07-05-2010, 10:07 PM
My kids will have to show me how, but I will try it next week. Thx.

badgers7
07-06-2010, 10:55 AM
I know you mentioned it on the BS Report, but Twitter would be very helpful for this as well. Even if you don't want to communicate back and forth with people there because of the character limit, you can always just put up links to the new articles you post on the website. If people like the articles they will "retweet" them to all of their followers.

Ninernightmare
07-06-2010, 11:11 AM
With Facebook you could just set up a Fan Page where you do not have to put personal pictures or anything like that. But just something people could click Like on. You could basically make it and have no interaction with it whatsoever and it would do the trick.

Polishguy00
07-06-2010, 12:16 PM
Twitter moves news. So, with your name recognition, you could use Twitter to just quickly post a link to new articles. Sometimes feeds are shown randomly which could lead to more people trying the site and signing.

falconsfan77
07-06-2010, 02:39 PM
One other thing - have your kids link your FB page and your Twitter page ---- that way, you can post to both at the same time; half the overhead.

Cris Collinsworth
07-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Man, I have a lot to learn. I will get on it. This is the kind of interaction I enjoy most, but I will give it a try.

InNOutBurgler
07-18-2010, 10:35 AM
Strictly as a means of getting the word out, not to engage fans (Twitter sucks by the way)...Andy is already on it Cris...we had a talk, he said he has a lot of stuff to do...then he made some ridiculous claims about needing more help :)

Wordsworth
07-18-2010, 03:37 PM
With Facebook you could just set up a Fan Page where you do not have to put personal pictures or anything like that. But just something people could click Like on. You could basically make it and have no interaction with it whatsoever and it would do the trick.

Exactly. You would just put a link up on your profile with your name and we could all Like it and people would see the link that way. would be easy

Cris Collinsworth
07-18-2010, 03:57 PM
OK. I signed up for Facebook. Is that all I need to do? I left a lame message about Football Pros Live.com, but didn't do anything else. Somebody with a clue go on there and tell me what to do next.

sabre
07-20-2010, 09:56 AM
have a link to your page? I searched your name and found 2 pages but I dont think you have much to do with either of them.

brauneyz
07-20-2010, 05:51 PM
The one 'Cris Collinsworth' that comes up first clearly is not our CC. Nice use of his birthdate and "Public Figure' status, but the fact that the page was established months ago kind of blows his cover. Not sure how to deal with imposters, but that would be a priority. I think you will need somebody to walk you through it. Andy? Your tech savvy kids?

MattBer2c
07-20-2010, 06:02 PM
The one 'Cris Collinsworth' that comes up first clearly is not our CC. Nice use of his birthdate and "Public Figure' status, but the fact that the page was established months ago kind of blows his cover. Not sure how to deal with imposters, but that would be a priority. I think you will need somebody to walk you through it. Andy? Your tech savvy kids?
I think you can report accounts for that. Something like 'Report Account' then it will ask for a reason. One of the choices is "This person is not who he claims to be".

TheLinc
07-22-2010, 03:47 AM
Cris, set up a Twitter account, get it authorized (Twitter will verify it's actually you and not an impostor) and PM me the login and password. I would love to share your thoughts about Stephen A. Smith and Jason Whitlock with the rest of the world :D