PDA

View Full Version : Hack and Rich- Two Quick Mocks

Rich Gapinski
04-11-2013, 10:25 AM
Folks who have been listening to my podcast know that my buddy Hack and I get together for a two-round mock draft each year. We have recorded it for three seasons and have done comparably well, in fact, very well in 2010. We usually get 7-10 exact picks right with 15 or so positions right and 24-28 of the players picked in the first round.

Anyway, as a warm-up, we text back and forth mock drafts where we alternate picks. Then, the other starts first. Here is what transpired earlier this week:

Mock #1: (RG #1 Pick)

Team

Kansas City- L. Joeckel, T
Jacksonville- G. Smith, QB
Oakland- S. Floyd, DT- I began laughing.
Philadelphia- D. Milliner, CB
Detroit- E. Ansah, DE- Lions go back to pass rush.
Cleveland- D. Jordan, DE- Browns looking to trade down, though.
Arizona- E. Fisher, T- Cards very happy.
Buffalo- T. Austin, WR- They wait on the QB, get a weapon.
New York Jets- M. Barkley, QB- Roof flies off building. Rich Cirimi's head explodes.
Tennessee- B. Werner, DE
San Diego- L. Johnson, T- Guards just don't go ahead of 17-20. We learned that with DeCastro
Miami- K. Vaccaro, S
Tampa Bay- X. Rhodes CB- We will see if this changes at all with Revis deal.
Carolina- S. Lotulelei, DT- Hack hates this pick, but thinks they would do it.
New Orleans- C. Patterson, WR- Surprise, NO thinks outside box and gets another weapon for Brees.
St. Louis- S. Richardson, DT- Lose out on Patterson, but happy he's here. DL very tough.
Pittsburgh- J. Jones, LB
Dallas- C. Warmack, G- Romo needs protection to live out contract.
New York Giants- D. Trufant, CB- Looked at many players here.
Chicago- T. Eifert, TE- Offense, offense. More weapons.
Cincinnati- A. Ogletree, LB
St. Louis (from Washington)- K. Allen, WR- Still get a WR
Minnesota- S. Williams, DT
Indianapolis- B. Mingo, DE/LB
Minnesota (from Seattle)- J. Cooper, G
Green Bay- D. Jones, DE
Houston- Q. Patton, WR
Denver- J. Banks, CB
New England- J. Pugh, G/C
Atlanta- D. Moore, DE
San Francisco- J. Jenkins, DT- And they just get better.
Baltimore- K. Minter, LB

Mock #2: Hack picked first

Team

Kansas City-L. Joeckel, T
Jacksonville-G. Smith, QB
Oakland- D. Jordan, DE
Philadelphia- E. Fisher, T
Detroit- D. Milliner, CB
Cleveland- E. Ansah, DE- Again, a big trade down option here.
Arizona- L. Johnson, T
Buffalo- T. Austin, WR
New York Jets- J. Jones, LB
Tennessee- S. Floyd, DT
San Diego- X. Rhodes, CB
Miami- K. Vaccaro, S
Tampa Bay- A. Ogletree, LB
Carolina- C. Patterson, WR- You need weapons in modern NFL. Young receiver can help young QB.
New Orleans- B. Mingo, DE
St. Louis- S. Lotulelei, DT
Pittsburgh- K. Allen, WR- Surprise pick.
Dallas- C. Warmack, G
New York Giants- B. Werner, DE- See how they can go many directions?
Chicago- S. Richardson, DT- Emery gets scout-y again, Bears fans probably mad, but they need depth here.
Cincinnati- E. Reid, S
St. Louis (from Washington)- D. Hopkins, WR
Minnesota- D. Trufant, CB- Position needs upgrade.
Indianapolis- D. Moore, DE
Minnesota (from Seattle)- J. Hankins, DT
Green Bay- E. Lacy, RB- Admittingly, I still see a pass rusher more here, I would have taken this back with a chance to.
Houston- J. Jenkins, DT
Denver- B. Wreh-Wilson, CB- Hack and I seem to agree that a tall corner is good for them.
New England- J. Cooper, G- Looking to trade down.
Atlanta- D. Fluker, T- Clabo replacement?
San Francisco- J. Williams, DT- Hacks see him in Ngata-mode with quick hands.
Baltimore- K. Minter, LB

We both agree that there is plenty to still discuss and a run on QBs is possible.

Bengals1181
04-11-2013, 10:32 AM
the Bengals don't take guys like Ogletree in the first round. They'll take some character risks in later rounds, but their first rounders are guys who are almost always pretty squeaky clean and safe. IF they were to go LB in the first, it would likely be Arthur Brown.

They also aren't overly concerned about their LB situation it seems.

Rich Gapinski
04-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Do you think Minter is possible, then? I'll certainly relay that to Hack when we meet to decide on the picks before we record on the 20th.

Bengals1181
04-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Do you think Minter is possible, then? I'll certainly relay that to Hack when we meet to decide on the picks before we record on the 20th.

not really. I don't think they'll take a LB until at least the 3rd, and I don't expect them to draft an ILB at all. Fans may be frustrated by that, but its clear they don't see it as a concern. They primarily play nickel anymore, so they typically only have two LB's on the field as it is. Burfict will start at either WLB or MLB. Maualuga will start at either SLB or MLB. They are also high on Emmanuel Lamur who can play either WLB or SLB, and they also say they want starting WLB Thomas Howard back.

Lastly, Karlos Dansby was in town yesterday (believe he still is), and can play all 3 spots. Wouldn't surprise me if he has an offer on the table before he leaves. Likely puts Maualuga at SLB, Dansby at MLB, and Burfict at WLB. Lamur, Howard and Rey as backups. Maybe Aaron Maybin as a 7th.

vancemeek
04-11-2013, 12:27 PM
I mocked Arthur Brown yesterday. If Dansby is signed, that will change.

Bengals1181
04-11-2013, 12:30 PM
I'd love to get Brown, but all signs point to them not that concerned about the LB position in the draft (despite the fact Brown is at PBS as we speak).

vancemeek
04-11-2013, 12:31 PM
I'm hoping it's just misdirection. I just can't fathom that our coaches are so stupid that they're happy with Rey starting at MLB again.

vancemeek
04-11-2013, 12:32 PM
If Rey does start, then I lose all respect for Zim, and sincerely hope he's elsewhere in 2014.

Trumpetbdw
04-11-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm getting a sneaking suspicion the Chiefs aren't going Joeckel at #1 overall. There's buzz that they're also looking seriously at Eric Fisher, and considering their team needs, and the resigning of Branden Albert, it wouldn't surprise me if they throw everyone off the scent much like Houston did in 2006 by passing on the obvious choice in Reggie Bush.

Considering the lack of a clear #1, could the Chiefs make a little history with their pick, and simply go with the best player available, even if it's not at a position that historically sees a player selected so high?

tubbs1518
04-11-2013, 12:42 PM
If I'm the Chiefs I might go Star Lotulelei number 1.

vancemeek
04-11-2013, 12:43 PM
There was plenty of talk a few months ago that Sheldon Richardson or Sharrif Floyd could be the guy, but 3-4 DEs aren't #1 picks. Star Lotulelei maybe?

Bengals1181
04-11-2013, 01:21 PM
If Rey does start, then I lose all respect for Zim, and sincerely hope he's elsewhere in 2014.

well he's gonna start somewhere. He's making too much money to be a backup. I don't know why you'd lose all respect for Zimmer. He's one of the best DC's in the league and knows what he's doing. While I'd prefer Rey not be the MLB, at the very least the defense finished top 10 both years he was the starting MLB. It's not like its a decision that will kill the defense.

It's clear Maualuga and Burfict will be 2 of the 3 starters, but I don't know that they've decided which spots yet. It will depend on how the draft and rest of free agency plays out.

Bengals1181
04-11-2013, 01:22 PM
why would a team ever take a DT #1? Colossal waste. It'll be one of the LT's, Milliner, or they trade out IMO.

Rich Gapinski
04-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Didn't Rey get re-signed with them? Shouldn't that fact be where the anger should lie?

vancemeek
04-11-2013, 01:29 PM
When is the last time a CB went #1? Trade out is possible. I still think Joeckel is the pick personally, just saying there was talk of it

vancemeek
04-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Didn't Rey get re-signed with them? Shouldn't that fact be where the anger should lie?

Oh, it is. Should never have re-signed, but was a terrible MLB. If he starts it should be back at SLB, where he wasn't good either, but was passable. If they're a top 10 D with Rey in the middle, imagine how good they could be with a MLB who actually knew what he was doing?

tubbs1518
04-11-2013, 01:32 PM
well he's gonna start somewhere. He's making too much money to be a backup. I don't know why you'd lose all respect for Zimmer. He's one of the best DC's in the league and knows what he's doing. While I'd prefer Rey not be the MLB, at the very least the defense finished top 10 both years he was the starting MLB. It's not like its a decision that will kill the defense.

It's clear Maualuga and Burfict will be 2 of the 3 starters, but I don't know that they've decided which spots yet. It will depend on how the draft and rest of free agency plays out.

And he was a MAIN reason we last to Houston this past year. He couldn't cover any RB at all. If he is MLB that is Zims call and he is severely hamstringing our defense. He was the WORST MLB in the league last year.

Trumpetbdw
04-11-2013, 01:36 PM
There was plenty of talk a few months ago that Sheldon Richardson or Sharrif Floyd could be the guy, but 3-4 DEs aren't #1 picks. Star Lotulelei maybe?

Perhaps, but I'm thinking that we may see the perfect storm this year regarding players that "aren't #1 picks". The Cheifs don't have near the number of holes that a normal team drafting #1 overall has. This draft also doesn't have that one particular standout.

Most years, teams picking #1 look to take the best player at the most important position that happens to fill a team need. While many may feel that QB is still a team need, it's clear by the Chiefs' actions that a QB is not on their radar at the top of the draft. OL is a team need, but LT, with the resigning of Albert, is not. They could certainly look to the future, play one of the Ts at RT for this year, then move them to the left side and let Albert walk next year. But I think the Chiefs are considering themselves as a "win now" team, which is an odd path for a team that finished with 2 wins, and has the #1 overall pick to take. But, if you look at their roster, it's not entirely unrealistic.

Andy Reid is not someone you hire when you want to rebuild, at least in my opinion. The Chiefs have talent. Especially considering the lack of a standout, perhaps the Chiefs become that first team to not worry abotu whether or not a player is at a position that doesn't follow the tradition of the top pick, and instead looks simply to the best player available.

Maybe it is Lotulelei (though I doubt even the new leadership is going to completely dismiss their Poe pick from last year). Maybe it's Floyd. Maybe it's Milliner. Maybe it's simply Fisher over Joeckel.

Or maybe it's something even more crazy. Their OL, as far as I can tell, has more need along the interior than on the outside. Mike Mayock has Chance Warmick as arguably the best "football player" available. Could the Chiefs be thinking crazy, and be the first team to ever consider a G #1 overall?

I expect to be considered nuts for even considering this possibility, and that's fine. But just because it's nuts doesn't mean that it may not be within their line of reasoning.

Trumpetbdw
04-11-2013, 01:37 PM
When is the last time a CB went #1? Trade out is possible. I still think Joeckel is the pick personally, just saying there was talk of it

I don't see a trade out happening. I don't think anyone wants the #1 pick this year, for exactly the reasons I just mentioned above.

Bengals1181
04-11-2013, 01:40 PM
And he was a MAIN reason we last to Houston this past year. He couldn't cover any RB at all. If he is MLB that is Zims call and he is severely hamstringing our defense. He was the WORST MLB in the league last year.

that's a little overblown, probably like your opinion of Marvin. I'd prefer to see Dansby or Burfict in the middle, but I'm no fool, Zimmer knows what he's doing.

as for "where the blame lies", its silly to blame management. They wouldn't bring him back without Marvin and Zimmer signing off on it.

Trumpetbdw
04-11-2013, 01:41 PM

You'll recall that mike and I would frequently discuss a similar issue last year involving LeBeau's tendencies to favor the vet. Casey Hampton played over Steve McClendon, even though McClendon has clearly become the superior player. Of course, Hampton at least used to be very good, whereas Maualuga has never lived up to what they had hoped, but it's the same type of issue.

Sometimes, coaches have a weak spot for a certain player. Evidently, Zimmer's weak spot lies with Maualuga.

tubbs1518
04-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Perhaps, but I'm thinking that we may see the perfect storm this year regarding players that "aren't #1 picks". The Cheifs don't have near the number of holes that a normal team drafting #1 overall has. This draft also doesn't have that one particular standout.

Most years, teams picking #1 look to take the best player at the most important position that happens to fill a team need. While many may feel that QB is still a team need, it's clear by the Chiefs' actions that a QB is not on their radar at the top of the draft. OL is a team need, but LT, with the resigning of Albert, is not. They could certainly look to the future, play one of the Ts at RT for this year, then move them to the left side and let Albert walk next year. But I think the Chiefs are considering themselves as a "win now" team, which is an odd path for a team that finished with 2 wins, and has the #1 overall pick to take. But, if you look at their roster, it's not entirely unrealistic.

Andy Reid is not someone you hire when you want to rebuild, at least in my opinion. The Chiefs have talent. Especially considering the lack of a standout, perhaps the Chiefs become that first team to not worry abotu whether or not a player is at a position that doesn't follow the tradition of the top pick, and instead looks simply to the best player available.

Maybe it is Lotulelei (though I doubt even the new leadership is going to completely dismiss their Poe pick from last year). Maybe it's Floyd. Maybe it's Milliner. Maybe it's simply Fisher over Joeckel.

Or maybe it's something even more crazy. Their OL, as far as I can tell, has more need along the interior than on the outside. Mike Mayock has Chance Warmick as arguably the best "football player" available. Could the Chiefs be thinking crazy, and be the first team to ever consider a G #1 overall?

I expect to be considered nuts for even considering this possibility, and that's fine. But just because it's nuts doesn't mean that it may not be within their line of reasoning.

I think Lotulelei plays DE and replaces Dorsey, leaving Poe at DT.

tubbs1518
04-11-2013, 01:42 PM
that's a little overblown, probably like your opinion of Marvin. I'd prefer to see Dansby or Burfict in the middle, but I'm no fool, Zimmer knows what he's doing.

as for "where the blame lies", its silly to blame management. They wouldn't bring him back without Marvin and Zimmer signing off on it.

Just because they signed off on it doesn't make it a good move. Hue Jackson signed off on trading a 1st and a 2nd for Palmer when that was a horrible move. If Rey plays in the middle and plays on Nickel downs we are in trouble.

tubbs1518
04-11-2013, 01:43 PM
I don't see a trade out happening. I don't think anyone wants the #1 pick this year, for exactly the reasons I just mentioned above.

Only teams I can see trading for #1 are Jax (if they think someone is going to jump them and take their guy), Philly and Buffalo.

tubbs1518
04-11-2013, 01:43 PM

I think Marvin would be better in the front office, but I don't think he is a good coach no. Slightly above average I could get on board with.

Trumpetbdw
04-11-2013, 01:45 PM
I think Lotulelei plays DE and replaces Dorsey, leaving Poe at DT.

Very possible, but didn't Lotulelei play DT in college? If so, the fact that he'd have to undergo a position change would make a selection at #1 overall less likely, but not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

vancemeek
04-11-2013, 01:47 PM

IMO, starting the worst MLB in the league last year, as the starting MLB again this year, is a huge mistake, and one the best DCs would't make.

tubbs1518
04-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Very possible, but didn't Lotulelei play DT in college? If so, the fact that he'd have to undergo a position change would make a selection at #1 overall less likely, but not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

So did Glenn Dorsey and they took him #3. Also Lotulelei played DT in a 4-3 so even playing NT would be a change.

Bengals1181
04-11-2013, 01:52 PM
IMO, starting the worst MLB in the league last year, as the starting MLB again this year, is a huge mistake, and one the best DCs would't make.

if he was the worst MLB in the league last year they wouldn't have been a top 10 defense and he wouldn't have been a top 5 MLB on the free agent market.

He played like crap in the playoff game, but you're focusing just on that one game and letting your fandom cloud your objectivity. Rey is a decent coverage backer, but you wouldn't know it if you're just judging by the Houston game. His issues are more in the running game, shedding blocks and being aggressive in attacking the line of scrimmage.

Trumpetbdw
04-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Only teams I can see trading for #1 are Jax (if they think someone is going to jump them and take their guy), Philly and Buffalo.

Considering the depth at T in this draft, along with the fact that no one will likely give up the farm for one of the DL, or Milliner at #1 overall, the only chance I see is if a team suddenly believes that Geno Smith is their future, AND feels the need to leap Jacksonville to make it happen.

I'm not sold that Philly believes that about Smith, and I think that Buffalo, even if interested, may not have the proper ammo to move up to #1. I think that if there's a play for Smith, it will be when Jacksonville passes on him. That Raiders pick at #3 may be the hot spot, especially since teams like Buffalo or the Jets may look at Philly as a bigger obstacle regarding Smith than Jacksonville.

vancemeek
04-11-2013, 02:00 PM
He was awful. Can't cover. Out of position. Poor in pursuit. PFF worst graded MLB. I don't know off hand who the other middle linebackers available in free agency were but if he was top five then it was a sad group

Trumpetbdw
04-11-2013, 02:01 PM
So did Glenn Dorsey and they took him #3. Also Lotulelei played DT in a 4-3 so even playing NT would be a change.

I'm not slamming the door on the possiblity. But when they took Dorsey, he stayed at the same position as he played in college. With Star, him taking on different responsibilities, no matter where they put him on the DL, in my opinion, make it less likely he'll be the answer at #1 overall.

Of their potential "crazy", options at #1, I'd rate Lotulelei as less likely than Warmick and Milliner.

At the same time, admittedly I know absolutely nothing. Nothing I say is anything more than a hunch, based on my perception of their situation, and my perception of the strengths of this particular draft class.

History has seemed to dictate that by this point, either a clear #1 has emerged, or a darkhorse emerges late. Since there's been no clear player to emerge, I find it to be unlikely that Joeckel will stay atop the pecking order.

Bengals1181
04-11-2013, 02:06 PM
He was awful. Can't cover. Out of position. Poor in pursuit. PFF worst graded MLB. I don't know off hand who the other middle linebackers available in free agency were but if he was top five then it was a sad group

PFF isn't exactly a great source for determining whether a player is good or not.

Again, you're letting your emotions cloud your objectivity. Being out of position was rarely ever his issue except for mis-direction plays (which the entire team needs to work on). Further, while I'd only count him as "slightly above average" he was the best coverage backer on the team last year (which says as much about the corp as a whole).

At this point you're just not being objective. He has his issues, but let's not make up new ones besides. His issues are mainly being aggressive in attacking the line and shedding blockers. Hopefully Jay Glazer is getting some of that out of him. He's decent, not great in coverage, and obviously they feel comfortable with him leading the huddle and getting the defense lined up.

tubbs1518
04-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Considering the depth at T in this draft, along with the fact that no one will likely give up the farm for one of the DL, or Milliner at #1 overall, the only chance I see is if a team suddenly believes that Geno Smith is their future, AND feels the need to leap Jacksonville to make it happen.

I'm not sold that Philly believes that about Smith, and I think that Buffalo, even if interested, may not have the proper ammo to move up to #1. I think that if there's a play for Smith, it will be when Jacksonville passes on him. That Raiders pick at #3 may be the hot spot, especially since teams like Buffalo or the Jets may look at Philly as a bigger obstacle regarding Smith than Jacksonville.

The Eagles owner has been to exactly 2 pro days. Donovan McNabb and Geno Smith.

Nancy
04-11-2013, 02:12 PM
I can actually see the Panthers going with Patterson in the first round. They desperately need help at WR (I don't see Gettis coming back, Ginn is projected as a special teams player and I haven't seen Hixon enough to know if he's an upgrade over Murphy, LaFell, and the other receivers not named Smith). Patterson is a local kid, which the Panthers seem to love. Still not sure this is the best use of a 1st round pick, though. How often does a 1st round WR turn out to be AJ Green?

I saw one mock that had them going with Lane Johnson. I don't know squat about college players, but I'd be in favor of pretty much any help on the offensive line, or at DT. If anyone is going to pick a defensive player who has a heart problem it would be the Panthers, so the Lotulelei pick makes sense to me :)

vancemeek
I watched every game. Emotion has nothing to do with bit unless you count being ticked that he sucks. He constantly runs himself out of plays by taking bad angles or overrunning plays. An upgrade is needed.

tubbs1518
I'm not slamming the door on the possiblity. But when they took Dorsey, he stayed at the same position as he played in college. With Star, him taking on different responsibilities, no matter where they put him on the DL, in my opinion, make it less likely he'll be the answer at #1 overall.

Of their potential "crazy", options at #1, I'd rate Lotulelei as less likely than Warmick and Milliner.

At the same time, admittedly I know absolutely nothing. Nothing I say is anything more than a hunch, based on my perception of their situation, and my perception of the strengths of this particular draft class.

History has seemed to dictate that by this point, either a clear #1 has emerged, or a darkhorse emerges late. Since there's been no clear player to emerge, I find it to be unlikely that Joeckel will stay atop the pecking order.

Dorsey didn't stay at the same position. He was a 4-3 DT in college same at Lotulelei.

Rich Gapinski
04-11-2013, 02:34 PM
I can actually see the Panthers going with Patterson in the first round. They desperately need help at WR (I don't see Gettis coming back, Ginn is projected as a special teams player and I haven't seen Hixon enough to know if he's an upgrade over Murphy, LaFell, and the other receivers not named Smith). Patterson is a local kid, which the Panthers seem to love. Still not sure this is the best use of a 1st round pick, though. How often does a 1st round WR turn out to be AJ Green?

I saw one mock that had them going with Lane Johnson. I don't know squat about college players, but I'd be in favor of pretty much any help on the offensive line, or at DT. If anyone is going to pick a defensive player who has a heart problem it would be the Panthers, so the Lotulelei pick makes sense to me :)

Thanks for the Carolina insight. I was hoping that we were not crazy with the WR idea. I mean, Smith is old sooner than later.

tubbs1518
04-11-2013, 02:48 PM
I think they could certainly take a WR, but I see no chance Patterson falls to the 2nd round.

Trumpetbdw
04-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Dorsey didn't stay at the same position. He was a 4-3 DT in college same at Lotulelei.

When he was drafted, they were still a 4-3 defense, if I'm not mistaken. He switched when the scheme switched.

tubbs1518
04-11-2013, 02:58 PM
When he was drafted, they were still a 4-3 defense, if I'm not mistaken. He switched when the scheme switched.

You would be correct I do believe not that I think about it.

Trumpetbdw
04-11-2013, 03:02 PM
The Eagles owner has been to exactly 2 pro days. Donovan McNabb and Geno Smith.

Proves my little research into the subject, since I did not know that Lurie went to the pro day.

Of course, for most of his years, the Eagles have not been in the market for a QB/face of the franchise. This year seems to be the first time since they drafted McNabb that they're high enough to consider it (no, I'm not counting Andy Reid blubbering about his love of Kevin Kolb). Doesn't mean they'll select him for certain, but looking into the possibility is a wise move. So I'm sure that Lurie was curious. At the same time, Lurie isn't making that decision.

That said, even if he is their guy, do they move up? Only if they think there's value in doing so, but I honestly doubt it. Even with the obvious Andy Reid/Eagles relationship in play.

tubbs1518
04-11-2013, 03:05 PM
Proves my little research into the subject, since I did not know that Lurie went to the pro day.

Of course, for most of his years, the Eagles have not been in the market for a QB/face of the franchise. This year seems to be the first time since they drafted McNabb that they're high enough to consider it (no, I'm not counting Andy Reid blubbering about his love of Kevin Kolb). Doesn't mean they'll select him for certain, but looking into the possibility is a wise move. So I'm sure that Lurie was curious. At the same time, Lurie isn't making that decision.

That said, even if he is their guy, do they move up? Only if they think there's value in doing so, but I honestly doubt it. Even with the obvious Andy Reid/Eagles relationship in play.

And they may not, but I could see a switch of picks plus the Chiefs get say Nick Foles who they wanted before.

wxwax
04-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Hmm. The Jets draft Matt Barkley to replace... Matt Barkley? More gum swallowed.

Rich Gapinski
04-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Hmm. The Jets draft Matt Barkley to replace... Matt Barkley? More gum swallowed.

I may sell Hack on it for the podcast, but it is doubtful. I want drama and fun, what would be more fun?:

A) Kiper's reaction.
B) Jets fans reaction.
C) The simple fun that a USC QB may replace another USC QB?
D) New York media reaction.
E) Rex's face at the presser.

Trumpetbdw
04-11-2013, 04:40 PM
And they may not, but I could see a switch of picks plus the Chiefs get say Nick Foles who they wanted before.

Nick Foles is part of the reason why I think the Eagles are the only team with enough ammo to get to #1 if they choose, but it would still cost them more than just a swap of 1s and Foles. That's why I can't see it happening.

I'm not sure that Smith is a prototype for Kelly's offense either, but then again, will Kelly run the exact same offense he ran at Oregon?

While sniffing around Geno Smith makes sense, in the Eagles case, it may make more sense to see how Vick responds, and how Foles adapts, while filling other holes.

wxwax
04-11-2013, 05:30 PM
B) Jets fans reaction.

Can you imagine the boos in that hall? That would be tremendous! :)