PDA

View Full Version : Drafting

ScottDCP
04-27-2013, 03:21 PM
So, two college safeties in the late rounds.

The home reporter is focusing on their versatility. After realizing the folly of having Aaron Williams play corner. This bodes well.

ScottDCP
04-27-2013, 04:46 PM
And it's a darn good thing they locked up rights to a kicker who has an electrifying 39% touchback ratio on kickoffs. Oh wait, they did that last year. Oh wait, sorry, I forgot.

ScottDCP
04-27-2013, 04:48 PM
I should add - I don't think DaNorris Searcy is all that good a safety - mediocre, average, whatever term you prefer for run of the mill, unexceptional, can be beaten pretty consistently by good players. I just find it frustrating that they agree after dumping an older guy who actually is a pretty good safety.

ScottDCP
04-27-2013, 04:51 PM
Also, I know nothing about their new receivers beyond the Olympics thing; and their new linebacker, kookookachoo or something, might or might not be fantastic. Not saying the whole weekend is idiotic or upsetting, just the parts that suggest they think the roster is in great shape already (and drafting kickers jumps right to the front there,) or that suggest they hadn't a clue who they were letting go in the off-season.

Karlos Dansby? Slower version of Nick Barnett, same age.

ScottDCP
04-27-2013, 04:53 PM
Oh, and they still have a bunch of ****ty cornerbacks.

trh5001
04-27-2013, 08:41 PM
Damn man your bringing me down. I liked the draft myself corners sucked but glad they pulled the trigger on 2 receivers and I think Woods and Goodwin(sp?) are the right ones to fill the needs of the coach's system. Oh who the hell am I kidding I'm just choosing to be glass half full tonight. Next week ill let the other shoe drop, the draft isnt the time for the pessimism.

Swami
04-27-2013, 08:44 PM
Can't deny, though, at a minimum, that trading down to 16 with the Rams and still getting their top guy at their top goal spot was a positive. We'll know all the rest in three years. History is not optimistic on the outlook, but there are some new faces involved.

I do like Buddy Nix as a man.

ScottDCP
04-27-2013, 10:22 PM
I do like Buddy Nix as a man.

I do, too.

Damn man your bringing me down.

Sorry. I am trying to bring it up. Just can't. Though my inspection of the receivers provides some hope.

Bengals1181
04-27-2013, 10:38 PM
Bills are loaded at WR and have a QB who can get it to them.

ScottDCP
04-28-2013, 12:08 AM
Bills are loaded at WR and have a QB who can get it to them.

Rookies. Don't trust rookies.

trh5001
04-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Rookies. Don't trust rookies.

Well we can trust in them or resign ourselves to another losing season. Its too early in the year for me to do that just yet. I'm gonna need to wait for that first game against the pats before I say the tram is gonna **** the bed again. Cheer up life's too short to be pessimistic.