PDA

View Full Version : One more premature prediction:

ScottDCP
06-03-2013, 11:10 AM
In January, I said they would do well to win four games. At that time I didn't know just how ridiculously the Jets would crumble. I now think the Bills will do well to win five games.

ScottDCP
06-03-2013, 02:03 PM
They have downgraded at QB, whatever you think of Fitz - he is better than Jackson, Kolb, or rookie not named Luck.

They have downgraded to rookies at WR.

They will still rely on Dareus, whom I do not trust.

They seem to think Dorin Dickerson can play a receiver role, despite his inability to catch tree balls in a row.

They lucked into Nickell Robey, but are still weak at corner.
-Side note, I met Leodis a couple weeks ago at the Lilac Festival. Nice fella. Skinny.

I have hopes for the pass rush, as indications are that they will actually try to do it this year.

I have no faith in a coaching staff that follows the Gregg Williams formula, and this one has been a bit too close to it for my liking.

Pruitt
06-04-2013, 07:32 AM
Stop it.

It's early June. Can't we revel in the fact that the Bills are still tied in first?

Remember - "Addition by subtraction... addition by subtraction..."

ScottDCP
06-04-2013, 08:04 AM
I thought I was being positive. I think they will beat the Jets this year, at least once.

Pruitt
06-04-2013, 09:30 AM
I know, I know.

Just 12 months ago, there was a sense of optimism. And by cutting Gailley and Nix, you would think the organization would have renewed that sense of optimism.

Have Bills fans finally reached the point where we realize that no matter what changes are made, we are once again doomed?

To me, the fact that the time has once again hired a low-budget rookie NFL Head Coach reminds us that Old Monty Burns Wilson would rather take it with him rather than pay to win. And that is what is so irritating.

Of the new coaches for the 2013 season, Andy Reid has had a lot of success in the league, while Bruce Arians, Gus Bradley and Mike McCoy are veteran co-ordinators coming off successful runs with NFL teams. Chip Kelly is the flavour of the month - a college coach who had great success at a major program. Chudzinski is a question mark - but at least he was working in the NFL.

Doug Marrone coached Syracuse to a 25-25 record. But at least he proved that he could win in New York.