PDA

View Full Version : League Mandate: All teams must be on Thursday Night:

ScottDCP
09-16-2013, 04:30 PM
So I checked the Bills' schedule and October 3 looks like one they have already written off as a loss. Bills at Browns. Been some of the ugliest games of the last decade, that has.

Pruitt, good luck. I will be disconnected somewhere way the hell away when that happens.

Swami
09-16-2013, 05:03 PM
I personally attended the 6-3 stink-fest at the Ralph. Well-named for that game.

Pruitt
09-17-2013, 06:24 AM
The two teams bring out the worst in each other - and that is saying something scary.

My son is just getting into football at the advanced age of 16. He is a very analytical kid and chose a favourite team through research as opposed to inheriting his father's team(s) like I did, or by watching games and getting caught up in how a team plays (like my daughter did).

One thing he said was that he doesn't hate the Browns and the Bills, but he could never cheer for them. I think he's seen my on enough Sundays at 4:15 to know better than follow Lake Erie's finest. I showed him highlights of what is to a teenager a positively unbelievable event - a Browns-Bills playoff game.

So oddly, I have a son who has decided that he is a Falcons fan is odd. When I was his age the Falcons were as big of a joke as the Saints. But his sense of football history goes back as far as August.

(And my daughter has been a Patriots fan since she was 7.)

ScottDCP
09-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Your son is... interestingly weird, I think.

Your daughter, as you know, is wrong.

darvon
09-17-2013, 09:59 PM
But there are 17 Thursday games..... Someone has to play twice....

Andy Freeland
09-18-2013, 01:26 AM
But there are 17 Thursday games..... Someone has to play twice....

No Thursday games in week 17.

Pruitt
09-18-2013, 05:41 AM
Your son is... interestingly weird, I think.

Your daughter, as you know, is wrong.

Yes, yes he is that. But weird in a good way.

As for my daughter, she loves sports and tends to adopt successful teams - Ohio State, Barcelona, patriots. Although her Knicks fandom is hard to figure out. As a traditional sports fan, I find this sort of front running to be reprehensible.

But as a fan of lousy teams, I do often envy her choices.