PDA

View Full Version : I missed the second quarter.Sorry, Pruitt.

ScottDCP
09-22-2013, 08:32 PM
1. Looked like 2008.
2. Seriously, Manuel looked like post-concussion Trent Edwards. Does anyone else underthrow the deep ball so badly?
3. To say nothing of his appearing for all the wirld to believe the he was back in college; my guy is running a go route. I attend FSU. Therefore my guy will be wid open. Why don't I release the ball before he takes his third step, but after the CB has already turned ti right n with him. Well, let's make sure they dnt intercept it. Better thriw it out of bounds.
4. Justin Rogers, DaNorri Searcy, and Duke Williams all suck in coverage. Suck.
5. We all of a sudden have no kick return game. Apart from the unfortunate misevaluation of Chris White and Bryan Svott, culpability lies with the ****ty special teams coach.
6. I already me hmm tioned Alonso's second dumbth-laden hit in a row to someone via PM. Wont repeat it. Makes me sad.
7. CJ Spiller is most effective from a spread formation, Nate.
8. Panicky QB play and panicky OC playcalling. ****ty comb nation.
9. Third week in a row they tried to hand it to us. No business being in it once again.
10. I have believed this team was talented enough to make the playoffs for four years. Team-wide talent once again not the issue.
11. Marcell Dareus? You very nearly suck.

Amy
09-22-2013, 09:16 PM
I watched it all. I don't blame Manuel as much as I'd blame the line. The Bills O-line played terrible. Now, Manuel did have some bad plays, but I'd put more of the issues on the line, and you guys almost pulled it out.

Pruitt
09-22-2013, 11:59 PM
The line stunk, but Manuel looked every bit the rookie playing in his third game. Stunning to me how bad the Jets played, but still won this game.

The sort of loss that lets you know that you shouldn't get excited about this team. And man, they got beaten up badly as well. Just an all-round dismal game, a nightmare to watch.

ScottDCP
09-23-2013, 08:55 AM
This is the part of my *****ing where I stop bothering about Rogers. They dragged him through the roster all summer, assuming he'd be useful. Rookie threw for 270 yards on him.

To your point Amy, I agree the line didn't look too good, but it wasn't just them. We know they made a mistake letting Levitre go and replacing him with a ghost at LG. When Urbik dropped, RG became a nightmare as well. Playcalling needs to account for these lacks, and it largely didn't.

Also on playcalling, there is no reason, with more than four minutes left in a half, to send four receivers out, evenly spaced, and have them all run hooks short of a first down. They've done it each week.

That crossing route they completed to Chandker in the furth, which is the same play they failed to hit against New England in that game's third, requires a nearly perfect throw - crossing at ten yard, straight to the sideline, and hitting him on the far side of the field is a really tricky angle. Run it deeper, he is still open, and you have more room for error. Simple stuff, they aren't making an effort to put the players in easy win situations.

Manuel stunk it up pretty good.

ScottDCP
09-23-2013, 09:22 AM
My comment about 2008 wasn't completely accurate. The first quarter defense looked an awful lot like a Jauron plan, funneling receivers into open holes in the zone, for example, allowing them to get 20 on third and 17. The offense is looking like the 2003 Run To Get Covered scheme favored by Mike Sheppard under Gregg Williams. When they would show the whole field, you routinely saw receivers in single coverage, and DBs who seemed to know exactly where they were heading, running on their hips on the rare occasions they didn't get to the spot first.

ScottDCP
09-23-2013, 09:29 AM
Not a Bills note: Mark Sanchez is clearly enjoying a bout of Stockholm Syndrome and is trying really hard to be a useful advisor to G. Smith. And Smith is just as clearly not interested, shown walking away form a talking Sanchez at least three times in this game. Pretty sweet.

Amy
09-23-2013, 09:53 AM
Has anyone in the Bills media coverage pool found out what Stevie said the Kyle Wilson that just caused Kyle to melt down?? I'd love to know what Stevie said.

ScottDCP
09-23-2013, 09:55 AM
He has been evasive. And to be honest, the only guy in the Bills' pool of reporters who might have had a chance passed away in April. The rest are known to be cranks.

Swami
09-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Oh, that was an ugly game. E.J. has thrown many, many really nice short-to-intermediate passes, hitting guys in stride, but can't hit the broad side of a barn door going deep. Worrisome. They got too much pressure on him, at least at this stage of his development. I still like his temperament but most likely must abandon all hope of this season. And another year of being decimated by injuries while simultaneously lacking depth. Glad I dropped my seasons tickets this year. There will be lots of empty seats after the Ravens game.

Andy Freeland
09-23-2013, 10:40 AM
Has anyone in the Bills media coverage pool found out what Stevie said the Kyle Wilson that just caused Kyle to melt down?? I'd love to know what Stevie said.

Kyle Wilson put a big target on his own back. He's shown that he can be prodded into stupid penalties so someone will try something like that every week.

Patrick Sullivan
09-23-2013, 11:30 AM
How can a team which committed 20 penalties still manage to win a game? Boggles my mind.

ScottDCP
09-23-2013, 11:33 AM
How can a team which committed 20 penalties still manage to win a game? Boggles my mind.

1. Look at the passing highlights for them game. The winning team had some. The losing team had NONE.
2. Look at the pass rush. The winning team had some. The losing team had NONE.
3. Look at the rushing attempts in the second half. The winning team had some. The losing team had NONE.
4. Look at the reproductive glands at QB. The winning team had some. The losing team had NONE.

ScottDCP
09-23-2013, 11:33 AM
Sorry to sound pedantic, but when I see a chance for some huge parallel structure, I have a hard time letting go.

Swami
09-23-2013, 01:49 PM
I only disagree with #1 - E.J. had some nice throws - just none down the field. What I can't get over is how bad Spiller can be when he gets all jiggy. It's clearly his default preference and it really doesn't work anymore.

Amy
09-23-2013, 03:03 PM
I only disagree with #1 - E.J. had some nice throws - just none down the field. What I can't get over is how bad Spiller can be when he gets all jiggy. It's clearly his default preference and it really doesn't work anymore.

This. I've said for two seasons now that as a Pats fan, Spiller has more talent but doesn't scare me. Freddie Jackson scares me. He seems to always make plays, even with less talent then CJ has.

ScottDCP
09-23-2013, 03:10 PM
This. I've said for two seasons now that as a Pats fan, Spiller has more talent but doesn't scare me. Freddie Jackson scares me. He seems to always make plays, even with less talent then CJ has.

Time for me to quibble - he doesn't have less talent, just less blazing speed.

Amy
09-23-2013, 03:11 PM
Time for me to quibble - he doesn't have less talent, just less blazing speed.

Fair point :) I wasn't trying to put Freddie down, clearly!

ScottDCP
09-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Fair point :) I wasn't trying to put Freddie down, clearly!

Didn't figure so. Just get a lot of the 'best player on the team' from the local rags. I occasionally get my back up about it.

I am mystified that in four or so years on the same team, those two guys have been on the field at the same time in any but a last-minute scenario (and even then not all that often) fewer than a dozen times. Just puzzled. I really liked Gailey's offense, though he occasionally got too cute, and it definitely played to both guys' strengths, but even he never seemed to think it useful. I think it creates obvious mismatches in the passing game, and so long as you don't try to make Freddie a lead-blocking fullback (Jauron) you could have a dazzling shared running attack on occasion.