PDA

View Full Version : Crazy crazy crazy

Amy
10-27-2013, 05:10 PM
This game was insane!

Danny's back. I get Nantz and Simms. I was hoping to get to November without them.

Dolphins P1: Start at the 9. Three and out. We get two tackles for loss on the drive.

Pats P1: Start at the 37. Brady intercepted by Patterson on the second play of the drive. Great play by Patterson. Gronk was the target.

Dolphins P2: Start at the Pats 40. 11 play drive. Nothing special. A lot of small gains, but nothing that made you saw wow. Ends with Tannehill hitting Gibson for a 3 yard TD. 7-0 Miami. Third down was a killer, though. They were 3 for 3, including the TD.

Pats P2: Start at the 30. Blount actually had a good return. Maybe it's an omen. Three and out. Not a good start. Over the first 2 drives, Blount has three carries for 2 yards. Maybe, you know, Ridley should be the feature back.

Dolphins P3: Start at the 32. 9 more plays. No more points. But, on the 3rd 1st and 10 of the possession, Tannehill well overthrew Gibson. Gibson went up for the ball and landed poorly. He limped off and slammed his helmet down on the sidelines. He went to the locker room on the cart during our possession. Knee injury.

Pats P3: Start at the 11. We move the ball a little, but end up punting after six plays. Offense is not doing well.

Miami P4: Start at the 42. 10 plays, ending in a Tannehill to Thomas TD. Again, a pretty boring drive. The key play was when the gassed defense allowed a 15 yard run on 4th and a foot. The offense needs a drive. The D has been on the field almost the whole game. 14-0 Miami.

Pats P4: Start at the 20. The good news is that we get points, a FG making it 14-3. However, an official calling a terrible PI against Wilson saved us on a 3rd down, and we lost Volmer for the year with a broken leg. Our drive was as boring as Miami's have been.

Miami P5: Start at the 21, after a bad return and a flag for hands to the face on White of the Pats. The drive started off well with back to back runs for Miller for 39 yards. It stalled after that, and they get a 52 yard FG. 17-3 Miami.

Pats P5: Start at the 20. We just kneel. Stupid fans boo, but with 30 seconds in the half, it was the right call. We have 59 yards offense in the first half. The O has been terrible.

Halftime

Pats P6: Start at the 26. Blount fielded the kick at the 10. He's just terrible as a kick returner. Three and out. Brady sacked for the second time.

Dolphins P7: Start at the 43. Another dink and dunk drive for Miami, ending with a sack by Hightower and Miami missed a 46 yard FG into the wind. No change in the score.

Pats P7: Start at the 36. The Offense expolded! 24 for Ridley. A bad screen to Julian, but the Dolphins lose Patterson on the play. 23 to Gronk, a 4 yard Bolden run, then Brady to Dobson for 14 and a TD! 17-10 Miami. The TD there was the first 3rd quarter TD for us this season.

Dolphins P8: Start at the 20. Tannehill strip sacked! Ryan with the sack, Ninkovitch with the recovery!

Pats P8: Start at the Miami 13! Three play drive. Bolden gets the 1 yard TD! 17-17 tie!

Dolphins P9: Start at the 20. Miami gets a 20 yard pass to Matthews, but nothing else and punts.

Pats P9: Start at the 31. Patterson is back. Three and out.

Dolphins P10: Start at the 12. Three and out. Logan Ryan drops a TAINT.

Pats P10: Start at the 33 after a nice return and a block in the back on Ebner. It starts out well, with Dobson picking up 26 on the second play of the drive. We almost stall when Brady tries to go deep to Gronk (again triple covered) which is dropped. However, Patterson is called for holding on Dobson, and we get the first. On the next play, we nail a 30 yard TD, however, that is negated by holding and we end up settling for a 48 yard FG and a 20-17 lead.

Dolphins P11: Start at the 20. After a 2 yard run to end the 3rd, Tannehill finds Wallace for 9. Miller gets 11, and the they miss Wallace. After an 11 yard completion to Clay, Miami throws again, but Arrington bats it up and Cole makes a pretty pick! It was incredible!

Pats P11: Start at the 18. This was one of the most insane drives I've ever seen. It starts out with 15 yard play to Dobson. Blount gets 3 carries for 32, and he also drew a 5 yard hands to the face. Brady gets sacked on a second and 2, and Bolden gets stuffed. On 4th and 4, facing a 52 yard FG into the wind, we go for it and Tom Vick gets 8 yards! After a 3 yard run, Brady is strip sacked, and we fall on the ball at the 47. However, 50 on Miami batted the ball while it was loose and they get flagged for an illegal batting of the ball. Instead of 3rd and huge, it's first and 10 on the 13. Three Blount runs, sets Ridley up for a 1 yard TD. 27-17 Pats.

Dolphins P12: Start at the 27. They start with 7:08 to play. Miami leads with back to back incompletions, then have to call timeout to avoid a delay. On 3rd and 10, Tannehill has a sweet scramble for 11. Miller gets 8, and a fast pass to Mathews gets a first down. Ryan gets a sack, and then an incomplete sets up 3rd and 18. On that play, the ball is batted down by Ninkovitch. However, Delay is called on Miami. So, they get a new, 3rd and 23 play. They convert it, too, with a great screen to Wallace. They follow that up with a fast 14 yard play to Hartline. A batted down ball and a Mathews catch leads to a 3rd and 3. But Ninkovitch gets a sack, and Chander Jones blocks the FG attempt!

Pats P12: Start at the 36. Three and out. Miami is out of timeouts. 2 to play.

Dolphins P13: Start at the 22. Three and out. We get two more sacks. One each by Fletcher and Chris Jones. Poor Ryan Tannehill has been sacked 33 times this season so far. Then they decide to throw on 4th and Harmon gets a pick.

Pats P13: Kneel down time!

3rd downs:

Miami: 8 for 17
Pats: 4 for 13

4th downs:

Miami: 1 for 2
Pats: 1 for 1

So, as banged up as we are, we are 6-2 (3-1 in division) at the halfway point. Go PATS!

brauneyz
10-27-2013, 05:49 PM
Thanks Amy, as always for your write up. I didn't get to see this one, so I really appreciate the breakdown.

vancemeek
10-27-2013, 09:25 PM
Curious about your thoughts on the officiating since you were so upset last week. Miami had some pretty awful calls against them, including a little-enforced, though correct, batting the ball penalty. There were a couple of other heinous calls against the Dolphins as well.

Pruitt
10-28-2013, 06:48 AM
Curious about your thoughts on the officiating since you were so upset last week. Miami had some pretty awful calls against them, including a little-enforced, though correct, batting the ball penalty. There were a couple of other heinous calls against the Dolphins as well.

Either the refs were (consciously or subconsciously) playing "even things out" for the Pats or they were just brutally incompetent.

But, remember when the Dolphins were 3-0? Me neither.

Amy
10-28-2013, 08:47 AM

The only bad call was the PI on Wilson when Brady threw into triple coverage on Gronk for the first time. I mention that call, and called it a bad one, in the write up. It was, absolutely, a bad call. The batting call was correct. Insane and crazy, yes, but correct. It was ironic, as well, given the equally crazy (and equally correct) obstruction call against the Red Sox in game 3 of the World Series. Overall, however, it was not a bad game by the refs.

vancemeek
10-28-2013, 03:39 PM
Thanks Amy. I overlooked where you mentioned it in the write-up. I thought there was one other bad one, but I can't remember it. It's funny that in back to back weeks, the Pats had a rarely called penalty go against them, then a rarely called penalty go for them.

Amy
10-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Thanks Amy. I overlooked where you mentioned it in the write-up. I thought there was one other bad one, but I can't remember it. It's funny that in back to back weeks, the Pats had a rarely called penalty go against them, then a rarely called penalty go for them.

I generally do mention it when we get calls. I want officials to be right even when it hurts us, and the call on Wilson was just bad. Stupid pass, too, so we were bailed out on that play big time.