PDA

View Full Version : Tommorow, I have to wear black...

Amy
11-03-2013, 07:58 PM
...so I can go to the Steelers funeral, because WE BURIED THEM!

Bye Steelers, see you next year!!!

Notes: TK is now on IR. KT is a healthy scratch. Nantz and Simms are doing the game. I miss the very start of the game as CBS *does not flip me over to my local game!*. I hate CBS, America's #1 annoying network. I get 12 commercials after the SD/Washington game ends.

Steelers P1: I miss it all. It ends with a lost fumble, forced by Ninkovitch.

Pats P1: Start at the Pats 44. We three and out. I miss basically the first two drives as I see only the 3rd and 4 play.

Steelers P2: Start at the 20. Three and out.

Pats P2: Start at the 22. It almost is a bust drive. Gronk gets 11, but then we go backward. A clip on Mankins and a miss to Julian gets us 2nd and 25. Bolden gets 11. Then comes Gronk! Back to back plays of 34 and 27 gives us first and goal. A second miss to Edelman and a 2 yard run shows 3rd and 8. Gronk gets 7 and a half. We fail on 4th and inches, but Troy was offsides. We try again and we fail again with Ridley.

Steelers P3: Start at the 1. One play drive. Devin with a pick at the 34!

Pats P3: Start at the Steelers 34. One play drive! 34 yard TD to Danny! 7-0 Pats

Steelers P4: Start at the 22. They start out with a 16 yard play to Cotchery, and then 3 Bell runs for a total of 11. Then the wheels start to fall off. A chop block on Bell, then a sack of Ben by Chandler Jones and a Bell drop brings up 3rd and 30. However, a Bell screen gets 29 and the first quarter ends. Bell converts by about an inch. After that he gets stuffed, then Miller makes an 8 yard catch with a 9.5 yard spot, and Bell gets stopped for nothing. Another 4th down try is stopped!

Pats P4: Start at the 33. Great drive! Back to back runs to Ridley get 17, Hooman gets 17, then Rdiley gets 1. Back to back throws to Gronk net 33 more and a TD! 14-0 Pats!

Steelers P5: Start at the 20. Almost a great drive. Ben hits Bell for 2 (and the refs give him 4), then finds Sanders for 42 and Brown for 17. Sanders drops a 17 yard TD, Jones gets 5, Ben missed Sanders badly, and they get a 30 yard FG. 14-3

Pats P5: Start at the 20. After three plays net 11 yards, we find Danny for 57 and a first and goal. Ridley gets 1, Brady gets sacked at the 18, and then Bolden gets 16 back. We wrongly go for the FG, and make it. 17-3 Pats.

Steelers P6: Start at the 29. Steelers answer. Bell gets 3, then Ben hits Miller for 11. Dwyer runs for 30, and Brown finishes it with a 17 yard TD pass. 17-10.

Pats P6: Start at the 23. Nice two minute drive. We started with 2 runs for a total of 10 yards to Ridley. Then we started targeting Dobson The first was a miss but draws a 12 yard DPI on Troy. A 6 yard catch, a miss, a 9 yard pass for the first down, then one more overthrow. An 11 yard Bolden run put the ball at the 19. We go to Gronk who draws PI in the endzone. Another overthrow to Gronk and Ridley seals it with a 1 yard TD run. 24-10

Steelers P7: Kneeldown.

Halftime

Pats P7: Start at the 10 after a return and holding flag. Bad start. 11 by Ridley. A drop by Edelman, a 4 yard Ridley run, and a 10 yard play to Danny. On the next play, Ridley is stripped by Troy, and the Steelers recover.

Steelers P8: Start at the Pats 36. Ben finds Bell for 9. Bell runs for 7. Ben gets sacked by Chandler Jones, and then missed Bell. But, on 3rd and 11, they get a 20 yard TD to Cotchery. 24-17

Pats P8: Start at the 15. Three and out.

Steelers P9: Start at the Pats 46. Great return. We're starting to slip. We start well, drawing a block in the back on a run. But Bell gets 25 on 1st and 20. Ben finds Miller for 15, then missed Bell. But he finds Brown for 8, and then Cotchery for 8 more and the tie. 24-24. We're down two more on D. Gregory and Ninkovitch.

Pats P9: Start at the 26. Up and down drive. We start with a 16 yard pass to Gronk that knocks him out for a few plays. Mankins is called for a false start, then Brady finds Edelman for 11, and Ridley gets 8. A miss to Dobson, then 2 runs for 11 for Ridley. We find Danny for 21 down to the 12 but stall. 2 runs by Ridley brings us to the 5, but on 3rd and 3, Brady eats a sack and we settle for the FG. 27-24

Steelers P10: Start at the 11. 5 plays and a punt. Nothing special.

Pats P10: Start at the Steelers 33. Great return by Dancer. We don't squander it. Blount runs for 4, Hooman drops a pass, and then Dobson gets 10. Blount gets 3, the Dobson gets a 17 yard TD. 34-24 Pats!

Steelers P11: Start at the 23. Three and out! Fletcher sacks Ben on 3rd and 10!

Pats P11: Start at the 39. Dagger time! Ridley gets 11, then none. On second and 10, Dobson draws a 20 yard PI. Brady misses Ridley, then Steven runs for 3. On 3rd and 7, Gronk gets 8 with effort, putting us to the 18. 3 Ridley runs puts us in the endzone for the 41-24 lead.

Steelers P12: Start at the 20, Nice drive, all in the air. 24 to Sanders. Denared defends one to Brown, and then ben missed Cotchery, before hitting him for 16. 6 to Sander, 12 to Brown. Bell drops an easy one. Cotchery again, to the 6, and after a throw away, Cotchery gets the 6 yard TD. 41-31.

Pats P12: Start at the 7. We played for the onsides. And it doesn't matter! Blount gets 12, then Brady to Dobson! 81 yard and a TD! Everyone who said Dobson sucks can eat some crow, baby!!!! 48-31

Steelers P13: Start at the 20. Great drive! Ben sacked by AC, then finds Dwyer for 23, and Sanders for 10. On the next play, Harmon gets the pick!

Pats P13: Start at the Steeler 28. Two plays, both the Blount. TD. 55-31

Steelers P14: Start at the 20. Clock killing drive. 9 plays, no points.

Pats P14: Kneeldown for the win!

vancemeek
11-03-2013, 08:16 PM
There's a reason Dobson was drafted, while Thompkins wasn't.

wxwax
11-03-2013, 11:49 PM
The PI on Gronk was a crap call. The ball was uncatchable, in fact it had already sailed over his head when Thomas tackled him. Terrible call, and it basically gave NE a TD going into the half.

Trumpetbdw
11-04-2013, 12:06 AM
The PI on Gronk was a crap call. The ball was uncatchable, in fact it had already sailed over his head when Thomas tackled him. Terrible call, and it basically gave NE a TD going into the half.

As was the chop block, and a few others. But the refs had no impact on the outcome of the game. The Steelers are just not a good football team.

Amy
11-04-2013, 12:49 PM

Yes and no. Yes, it was not a very good call. No, it didn't basically give us a TD. If it had been incomplete, it would be 2nd and 10, from the 19, with about a minute to go and two timeouts left. A TD there, with no PI, given how the Steelers played, is very realistic. With the exception of the 3rd quarter, the Pats offense basically did whatever it wanted to the Steelers defense.