View Full Version : In an effort to stay married:

ScottDCP
12-16-2013, 09:25 AM
I didn't see the game. How'd it go?

Pruitt
12-16-2013, 01:53 PM
In an effort to stay sane...

I skipped it.

Also, I couldn't get the game, so instead I watched the Browns give up three fourth quarter touchdowns.

But on the bright side, did you see how MY Chiefs played in Oakland?

ScottDCP
12-16-2013, 02:03 PM

I skipped it.

Also, I couldn't get the game, so instead I watched the Browns give up three fourth quarter touchdowns.

Happy to say I missed it all, though the post-game analysis makes it seem your Chiefs looked even better than the score indicates. I've read some capsules and seen some play by play charts on a couple games, including the Bills-Jags. I never doubted it, but I clearly made the right choice. Apart from seeing my happiness with N. Robey once again proven out, it appeared to be a frustrating day for all but Vikings fans and you Chiefs fans.

One thing about the Bills - Jim Leonhard got in the game late, and they stopped the Jags (in large part because Mr. 5'6" leapt over a blocker to stop the runner for a 4 yard loss at the goal line just before Gilmore's interception.) He seems to coincide with good results. I think it's obvious, they should cut everyone else and send him out there alone. It'll work.

Patrick Sullivan
12-16-2013, 02:16 PM

I skipped it.

{My new boss is originally from Kansas and is a huge Chiefs fan. He is freaking insufferable. You guys are really annoying. :woot:}

ScottDCP
12-16-2013, 03:03 PM
Weird thing ng is that if KC does make it to yt? He Super Bowk, their bland of football might give them a significant advantage in the event there is lousy weather. No reliance on a passing game combined with realy god defense, patient QB,r and a legit Sing/Dance/Act weapon at RB.

Patrick Sullivan
12-16-2013, 03:08 PM
ummmm Scott... Be careful, Andy might mistake you for a spammer.

ScottDCP
12-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Hazards of tiny touchscreen and limited patience. Though I really do think th at IF they get in, they have a chance.

Swami
12-17-2013, 09:57 AM
Your message made as much sense as "I gave u plop on the season" but that turned out to be my all-time favorite post of yours!

I watched bits of the game. When EJ stays in the pocket and doesn't panic too quickly, he can hit some nice mid-distance throws, often hitting guys in stride or in perfect position. Not always, but sometimes he makes a really nice throw. One thing is he doesn't throw many ducks. The D has made big plays all year but has started giving up monster plays in the 2nd half. I hope they sort that out.

The game was kind of like the season. A road win by a rookie QB but over a weak opponent and we were lucky in spots. Not 100% sure how to interpret the game or the season.

Pruitt
12-17-2013, 10:41 AM
(Just want to point out that I am not in fact a Chiefs fan. Nothing against them, but every year at this time, I pretend to be a fan of a playoff-boud team. Pathetic, but other than playoff pools, what else is there to look forward to)

In the past few years, I have irritated my daughter by using the following phrases: "MY Chargers," "My Texans," and even "MY Bears."

Even when I'm kidding around, I curse teams.

ScottDCP
12-17-2013, 12:52 PM
(Just want to point out that I am not in fact a Chiefs fan. Nothing against them, but every year at this time, I pretend to be a fan of a playoff-boud team. Pathetic, but other than playoff pools, what else is there to look forward to)

In the past few years, I have irritated my daughter by using the following phrases: "MY Chargers," "My Texans," and even "MY Bears."

Even when I'm kidding around, I curse teams.

I recall something like this. Thank you, as it makes football more fun this time of year.

Swami
12-22-2013, 02:29 PM
C.J. Spiller is a total amateur and a complete moron running out of bounds there. Inexcusable.

ScottDCP
12-23-2013, 09:23 AM
C.J. Spiller is a total amateur and a complete moron running out of bounds there. Inexcusable.

Can yoy describe the play and context? With the blackout I couldn't even record the game.

Also, looking at the play by play breakdown it appears Buffalo man ssed a lot of downfield throws. Did the misses tend to be wind related or timing related?

Also, Moorman hit a 13 yard punt. Shank? Wind? Block? On the run?

Swami
12-23-2013, 09:55 AM
I gather shank.

They were trying to run out the clock in the 1st half with Miami out of timeouts. He took a hand-off and slowly bounced it all the way out of bounds, leaving Miami enough time for a shot at scoring at the end of the half. This isn't even Football 101, this is Pop Warner 101. He's a jock, not a pro.

ScottDCP
12-23-2013, 10:01 AM
I gather shank.

They were trying to run out the clock in the 1st half with Miami out of timeouts. He took a hand-off and slowly bounced it all the way out of bounds, leaving Miami enough time for a shot at scoring at the end of the half. This isn't even Football 101, this is Pop Warner 101. He's a jock, not a pro.

Yeah, the evidence for that one hasn't really ever stopped mounting, has it?

ScottDCP
12-23-2013, 11:15 AM
Small bit of reading between the lines. Moorman sure looks like he knows he is done in Buffalo. On his way out mentioned that on a day like yesterday it wasn't perticularly helpful to do pre-game with wet, heavy balls, and then have to use light, dry balls during game (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/week-16/moorman-wonders-if-hes-played-his-last-game-in-buffalo-20131222?two-bills-drive). Seems like a swipe at the ST coaches, who probably could have put the practice balls in a box to better simulate the game balls, in a separate blinding flash of the obvious.