PDA

View Full Version : My one and only concern about Jadaveon Clowney:

ScottDCP
04-28-2014, 06:24 PM
He STILL doesn't get it when people knock his work ethic. From Spurrier to The Unnamed Scout, they are all talking about the mental work he hasn't bothered with because he didn't have to, and are questioning whether he will pick it up a la Bruce Smit, or continue to blow it off, a la a lot of other guys. He still defends himself by pointing to the gym, where nobody is complaining.

I am fine with stupid people playing football, and I understand that some of them do it very well. He will probably be fine as a pro, but will likely only be great long-term if he figures out how to screw his head on straight.

Tangential: Mike Evans is just young, dumb, and full of rage. Only knock.

wxwax
04-28-2014, 06:37 PM
What kind of stats does he have to produce in his first two season in order to justify being the #1 pick?

ScottDCP
04-28-2014, 06:43 PM
What kind of stats does he have to produce in his first two season in order to justify being the #1 pick?

He had Buzzzzz. That's all you really need with his athletic ability and body. His stats from 2012 measured up pretty evenly with Michael Sam's this past year, if I recall correctly.

wxwax
04-28-2014, 06:57 PM
He had Buzzzzz. That's all you really need with his athletic ability and body. His stats from 2012 measured up pretty evenly with Michael Sam's this past year, if I recall correctly.

I wouldn't take him high. Any questions about work ethic or character scare me. I'm wondering post-draft, when we look back in a couple of seasons, what kind of numbers does he have to produce in order for the NFL world to conclude that he was worth the top pick?

ScottDCP
04-28-2014, 07:00 PM
I am thinking Von Miller numbers won't be good enough, given the buzz.

mkocs6
04-28-2014, 09:34 PM
...and he definitely can't do that goat urine thing or whatever that Miller did.