PDA

View Full Version : OTA's

Bengals1181
06-06-2014, 08:45 AM
Green and Dalton back together again

http://www.bengals.com/assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/630x269-photos/2014/Dalton-Andy/dalton140120_630.jpg

For the first time in 2014, as far as the media knows, Andy Dalton and A.J. Green hooked up in practice Tuesday and all seemed to be in right Bengaldom.

Dalton even allowed he’s confident his contract is going to done at some point as he reflected on how much he and wife Jordan have invested in the community in the wake of their third annual celebrity waiter dinner.

Against the backdrop of people saying this is the best spring of his career, Dalton found Green for some signature big leaping gains and one pretty touchdown when Green and ball arrived at the same time in the left corner. Coming off last week’s minor ankle issue, Green admitted he was “dead,’ after going through his first hurry-up practice with offensive coordinator Hue Jackson.

“It’s going to catch a lot of people off guard. We’ll be in some great shape,” said Green, who looked to be in a track meet as the deep routes piled up. “That’s his whole mindset. Everything is off of vertical. Once you get a defense scared, all the underneath stuff comes. I think (it’s a little different than in the past). Now everything is off vertical.”

That can’t be too surprising with Jackson and quarterbacks coach Ken Zampese teaming up. Both men have put in a lot of time in Don Coryell vertical route systems. The more you see of Jackson’s scheme, the more you see it’s a hybrid of his past resumes that mix the open college game with a dose of West Coast offense that divides the defense in two and a pinch of Coryell that stretches the defense until it snaps.

Whatever it is, the receivers’ routes combining with Dalton’s off-season work look to be paying off in a ball that is getting out of his hand quicker. Defenders have been impressed by his fast release. Middle linebacker Rey Maualuga says he’s seen Dalton improve every year and this is the best he’s ever seen him. Safety Taylor May’s saw something he hadn’t seen after practice.

“He just told me he beat me on a seam route,” Mays said with a smile. “I always thought he had a strong arm and a fast release. He’s throwing the ball with a lot of confidence. He’s firing the ball around there. I think the confidence is reflected in the attitude, the way he’s throwing the ball and just the way he’s playing.

“Even him coming up to me and saying he beat me on that play,” Mays said. “He didn’t beat me on the play, but he thinks he beat me on the play. That just amplifies it.”

Dalton is showing a lot of faith in the oil and lube job Dr. Tom House did on him back in March at USC and Zampese has noticed the mechanics.

“He’s another step beyond where he was before technique wise. He’s really worked at it,” Zampese said. “To get better, get quicker, get the ball out of his hands quicker. Anticipation is better…From the time he decides to throw until the time it comes out of his hand is quicker. That’s what you want.”

Dalton says the House Call has worked even though he finds himself doing some of the old things.

“I feel like the ball is coming out really well right now,” Dalton said. “I’m a little tighter, a little more compact. There is still some stuff I’m kind of going back to some of the natural stuff I’ve been doing the last 26 years of my life. But I definitely feel a difference. I feel like I am tighter in what I’m doing and getting the ball out quick.”

The intriguing thing is that Dalton is flashing more confidence even as the debate over his contract swirls. Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis is miffed that his remarks last week about “My man Cutler in Chicago,’ translated to stories that the contract is hung up on Bears quarterback Jay Cutler’s $18 million per year deal.

“That wasn’t even a statement. I didn’t even say his name. It was a non-statement and a non-point and a non-issue,” Lewis observed.

Dalton shrugged.

“We’re getting closer. It’s going to work out at the right time. I’m confident something will happen, but you never know,” Dalton said. “I have a lot of other things to worry about. I’m just going to let them handle it and my agent handle it and when the time comes it’s going to happen, it will work out.”

Dalton isn’t sure how much was raised for his foundation Monday night, but he had as much help at the dinner as he did on the field Tuesday. His top three wide receivers waitered in the person of Green, Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu, as well about 10 other teammates, and he knows who commands the money at these things.

“A.J. is big time,” Dalton said. “We sold two of his jerseys, raised some good money with them. I think they had fun and it was appreciated for them coming out to support what Jordan and I are doing.”

What the couple has done since they arrived three years ago is immerse themselves in the community while supporting causes that aid sick children. The dinner, the trip to King’s Island, the donations to Children’s Hospital are starting to become familiar headlines and all that goes into the big box of the unknown as the contract plays out.

“We’ve really invested a lot here in Cincinnati,” Dalton said. “We love it. I like it here. I love the team, I love the organization, this city has been great to me and my wife. We’ve made a home here. We hope to be here a long time. We feel like we will be.”

Until then, there are other things to worry about.

“He said he beat me,” Mays kept saying with a shake of his head. “Not that play.”

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Green-and-Dalton-back-together-again/dbadf53a-79f2-454a-9704-49bbe8b489b6

Bengals1181
06-06-2014, 08:50 AM
here's some video on new waiver claim, WR Jasper Collins. My initial impression was "Dane Sanzenbacher"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6RLwrAlb0Q

Bengals1181
06-06-2014, 08:52 AM
It’s believed that tight end Jermaine Gresham has an injury that won’t prevent him from being ready for Bengals training camp in late July.

Gresham didn’t work again Tuesday, the fourth of nine voluntary practices, and indications are he won’t be in the remaining five or the three-day mandatory minicamp June 10-12. Tyler Eifert, the other starting tight end, is out with a shoulder injury that is not related to the stinger that limited him to three snaps in last year’s playoff game and it’s unclear when he’ll return.

"It's more of a feel thing. It's not a serious injury," Eifert said.

Head coach Marvin Lewis wouldn’t elaborate but said he expects both to be ready for training camp. He said Gresham said has been on the premises rehabbing.

“He’s just not out here because he’s not practicing. He’s doing what he has to do,” Lewis said.

OT ADDED: Chandler Burden and the Bengals are neighbors but they don’t know each other all that well. After his first practice Tuesday, Burden sat in one of the temporary metal lockers with no name looking up at the lockers of the two tacklers he’s suddenly backing up, Andrew Whitworth and Andre Smith.

“I was a Bengals and Reds fan growing up, but I played a lot of sports and didn’t watch much,’ Burden said. “I did watch Whitworth and he’s pretty good to say the least. I’m looking forward to watching him and learning from him.”

The 6-4, 310-pound Burden came out of Kentucky as a free agent two years ago and he’s now on his fourth team after the Chiefs released him last week following a half-year stint on Kansas City’s practice squad. He played at Cincinnati’s La Salle High School while growing up in Oxford, Hamilton, and Blue Ash.

What the Bengals did know when they worked him out Monday is that they needed depth at tackle even before Smith didn’t practice Tuesday for an undisclosed reason. That put Marshall Newhouse at right tackle. Left guard Tanner Hawkinson can move to left tackle behind Whitworth, but there was no one else until Burden arrived.

And what Burden knows about the Bengals are their tackles.

“Since he came from Alabama, I used to watch tape of Andre when I was in college and then I kept watching him when he came to the Bengals,” Burden said. “He’s explosive, powerful, he’s real quick for how big he is.”

He figures to be getting plenty of snaps when the Bengals try not to pound on their big men in training camp.

“It’s kind of weird,” Burden said. “My dream was always to be in the NFL, but I never dreamed I’d be with the Bengals.”

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Gresham-Eifert-ailing-but-expected-for-camp-Bengals-add-tackle-depth-with-Burden/460e154b-8d50-4def-98c1-85f26c0afc8d

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 08:35 AM
bump.

Mandatories start today!

mongo
06-10-2014, 08:41 AM
You know what's crazy? If Fox Sports Ohio televised OTA's, I'd DVR them and watch them over and over again... Heroin's got nothing on the NFL.

membengal
06-10-2014, 09:21 AM
I would too. I would guess that NFL teams want no part of that, but I would watch every minute.

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 10:07 AM
Bengals Holding Minicamp Today: What to Expect

http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/34146751/495446301.0_standard_709.0.jpg
The Cincinnati Bengals (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/cincinnati-bengals) are holding their first and only minicamp today, and it will continue until Thursday. Typically, NFL teams have two of these each offseason: One for the rookies, and another for veterans with rookies possibly being mixed in.
So what's the difference between this and a normal Organized Team Activity (OTA)?
In short, it's the mandatory version of OTAs. The big difference between the three-day workouts is that players skipping mandatory work are subject to fines -- totaling more than $66,000 for missing all three days.
Now for the long version. Per the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement (https://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/files/2011CBA.pdf), here are the relevant sections that pertain to the type of minicamp the Bengals are holding today:
Section 2. Mandatory Veteran Minicamp: No mandatory veteran minicamp may exceed three days in length, plus one day for physical examinations. The minicamp must be conducted during the week (Monday through Friday), with physicals taking place on Monday but no practice or workouts on that day, practices on Tuesday through Thurs-day and a day off on Friday.
The minicamp must be conducted during week three or week four of Phase Three of the Club's offseason workout program. The Phase Three rules set forth in Article 21, Section 2(b)(iii) of this Agreement shall apply to all mini-camp activities. Two-a-day practices shall be permitted at two of the three practice days of the Club's one mandatory minicamp, subject to the following rules:
(i) players may be on the field for a total of no more than three and one-half hours per day;
(ii) players may participate in one practice for no more than two and one-half hours of on-field activities under Phase Three rules;
(iii) the second practice may only be for the remaining portion of the players' daily three and one-half hour on-field activities and shall be limited to walk-through instruction only;
(iv) no organized team activities (including treatment and taping) may begin prior to 7:00am local time or end after 8:30pm local time, and players shall be given at least one hour for lunch and dinner each;
(v) players may only be asked to participate in Club activities for a maximum of ten hours per day including taping and treatment but excluding meal time. The on-field time limits described above shall begin as soon as position coaches begin to coach players on the field.
Section 4. Expenses: (a) Any veteran player who attends a minicamp will receive meal allowances in accordance with Article 34, Section 1 of this Agreement, plus all travel expenses to and from the camp, plus "per diem" payments at the rate provided in Article 23, Section 4 of this Agreement. In addition, the Club will provide housing at minicamps for players coming from out-of-town.
(b) If a "first-year player" (as defined as in Article 23, Section 1) signed a Player Contract with any Club for the prior League Year, he shall receive, for each day that he attends minicamp, the following compensation, but no other compensation: (i) the prorated portion of the weekly per diem specified for the current League Year (as set forth in Article 23, Section 3); (ii) the meal allowance specified for the current League Year (as set forth in Article 34, Section 1); and (iii) all travel expenses to and from the camp, plus housing (for players coming from out-of-town).
(c) Any "rookie player" (defined as a person who has never signed a Player Contact with an NFL Club in a prior League Year) shall not be entitled to compensation for his participation in any minicamp, other than the reimbursements or payments per-mitted under the Club's Rookie Orientation Program.
Section 5. Contact: There will be no contact work (e.g., "live" blocking, tackling, pass rushing, bump-and-run) or use of pads (helmets permitted) at minicamps.
Section 6. Injuries: Any player injured in a Club's minicamp shall be protected in the same manner as if injured during the Club's preseason training camp. Section 7. Rookie Football Development Programs and Minicamps: Each Club may hold a Rookie football development program for a period of seven weeks, com-mencing on or about May 16. During this period, no mandatory or voluntary activities can be held on weekends, with the exception of the Club's one post-Draft Rookie Mini-camp, which at the Club's election may be conducted on either the first or second weekend following the College Draft. Players may only participate in Club activities for a maximum of ten hours per day.
Section 8. Films: Clubs shall film all on-field activities from any minicamp, and shall maintain a copy of such films until thirty days after the start of the regular season. The NFLPA may view such films (after signing a confidentiality agreement satisfactory to the NFL at the start of each League Year) only upon the filing of a complaint alleging a violation of this Article.
Section 9. Enforcement: Any alleged violation of Sections 1, 2, 3, 5 or 7 of this Article shall be governed by the same procedures, and shall be subject to the same fines and fine procedures, as set forth in Article 21, Section 8, except that the "Other Penalties" set forth in Article 21, Section 8(d)(ii) shall not apply to any violation of this Article.
Section 10. Participation Agreement: The requirements of Article 22, Section 3 or Article 22, Section 9 (as applicable), apply to players participating in a Club's minicamp

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/10/5796322/bengals-holding-minicamp-today-what-to-expect

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Coley Harvey ‏@ColeyHarvey (https://twitter.com/ColeyHarvey) 1m (https://twitter.com/ColeyHarvey/status/476387292526149634)
We have a sighting. Jermaine Gresham is at Paul Brown Stadium #minicamp (https://twitter.com/hashtag/minicamp?src=hash) #Bengals (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash)

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 12:46 PM
CINCINNATI -- The Bengals begin the mandatory phase of their offseason practices Tuesday morning when they host the first of three consecutive minicamp practices at Paul Brown Stadium.

Each player on the team is required to be in attendance for the minicamp sessions that last until Thursday morning. The arrival of minicamp in Cincinnati signals the start of the second half of the practice portion of their offseason calendar. After this week, the Bengals revert back to the voluntary organized team activity (OTA) model of practice for three days. After that, they'll break for the summer.

Training camp starts July 24.

As the mandatory minicamp -- all of which will be open to media -- gets going this week, here are five things to watch for:

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/13228.png&w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=false
Gresham
1. Will Gresham be there? Through the first two weeks of OTAs, tight endJermaine Gresham (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13228/jermaine-gresham?ex_cid=null) has been a noticeable absence. He didn't participate in either of the two practices that were open to media, and he wasn't even seen around the stadium in any other capacity those two days, either. Coach Marvin Lewis said last week that Gresham was in Cincinnati, though, and that he was rehabbing from an injury the coach said wouldn't keep him out of training camp. At this point, Gresham's absence is a mystery. We'll perhaps get a few more definitive answers during the minicamp. If any do come, don't expect them to come from the often media shy Gresham. It bears noting that he has been around the locker room during other voluntary workouts this offseason. He just has yet to be seen by reporters since OTAs began. Will Tuesday by that day? We shall see.

2. Will Still be there? Presumably, defensive tackle Devon Still (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14963/devon-still?ex_cid=null) will be in attendance for the minicamp after missing OTAs to deal with a personal issue last week. Along with Gresham, Still was a noticeable absence when media viewed an open OTA session last Tuesday. He revealed in a post to social media later in the week that he and his family learned his young daughter has cancer. Earlier this week, he tweeted a photo showing he's shaved his head to support his daughter who will go through chemotherapy. Although injured for much of the latter half of last season, Still was and continues to be a key piece to the Bengals' defensive line depth chart. Assuming Geno Atkins (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13311/geno-atkins?ex_cid=null) returns during training camp from his ACL injury, Still and Brandon Thompson (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14965/brandon-thompson?ex_cid=null) are right now the first two defensive tackles off the bench behind Atkins and Domata Peko.

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/15826.png&w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=false
Bernard
3. RB rotation getting set? We are still about three months from the start of the regular season, but it appears we may be getting a general idea of what the Bengals' backfield may look like this fall. Giovani Bernard (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15826/giovani-bernard?ex_cid=null) has been moved into a more prominent role, although the Bengals are expected to continue with the committee approach to delegating carries and receptions. Alongside him often during the two open OTAs was rookie Jeremy Hill (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/16803/jeremy-hill?ex_cid=null), the team's prized second-round pick who promises to be a key piece in the backfield as veteran BenJarvus Green-Ellis enters the final year on his current deal. Speaking of Green-Ellis, the Bengals have been adamant in their belief a roster spot remains for the 28-year-old, but Hill's arrival hasn't made it easy to justify Green-Ellis' future in Cincinnati. As the Bengals go through this week, it still will be interesting to see how the running back rotations shake out. Will Green-Ellis stay in the mix? Or is Hill starting to push past him?

4. Making tempo a priority. Offensively, the Bengals' charge this offseason has been to adopt coordinator Hue Jackson's tweaked scheme that includes a quicker tempo and a faster pace. His goal has been to get his players to come out of the huddle quickly so they can get to the line of scrimmage much earlier in the play clock, effectively allowing them to run more plays in a drive and game. It's been an offensive priority, but we haven't been able to gauge how much of a priority it's been for the defense, too. Overall, practices seem to be conducted at a faster speed than they were last season, particularly during 11-on-11 drills when the defense is shifting fronts, moving around constantly, and the offense is making pre-play calls to counter. Jackson isn't the only coordinator trying to spice up his unit. It appears Paul Guenther has done the same with the defense. The minicamp should show a little more of that.

5. Grooming the rookies. The Bengals have eight draft picks and 11 undrafted free agents they still are trying to both groom and assess before the season begins. Many of the evaluations will be done in training camp, but coaches are looking right now to see how well the first-year players can adapt to the coaching and new playbooks. A foundation for late July is being at this time, and these three practices can go a long way toward giving the Bengals a better idea of who the young players they just brought on are. Among the rookies who will be scrutinized the next few months, cornerback Darqueze Dennard (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/16718/darqueze-dennard?ex_cid=null) may top the list. While Hill's place in the backfield is beginning to take shape, the first-round pick Dennard has a more difficult obstacle to overcome to play; he has several veterans ahead of him. Already, though, Dennard has gotten his share of early instruction and played with both the first- and second-team defenses in open OTAs.

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/8409/bengals-jermaine-gresham-mandatory-minicamp-w2w4

membengal
06-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Gresh is at the mini-camp per several tweets from the beat reporters.

ETA: Just saw 1181's post. Yeah, what he said.

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 01:27 PM
Mark Slaughter ‏@MarkVSlaughter (https://twitter.com/MarkVSlaughter) 1m (https://twitter.com/MarkVSlaughter/status/476399799982243840)
Dalton says Hue Jackson wants him to run the show so Hue can trash talk the defense #Bengals (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash) #WhoDey (https://twitter.com/hashtag/WhoDey?src=hash) @wcpo (https://twitter.com/WCPO) pic.twitter.com/mqtpX1RzqW (http://t.co/mqtpX1RzqW)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpyDFrZIYAATE9Q.jpg (https://twitter.com/MarkVSlaughter/status/476399799982243840/photo/1)

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 01:34 PM
Enquirer Sports ‏@ENQSports (https://twitter.com/ENQSports) 43s (https://twitter.com/ENQSports/status/476401844747771904)
RT @pauldehnerjr (https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr): Dalton thinks biggest impact of Kaepernick deal on him is that it got done. #Bengals (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash)
Expand (https://twitter.com/ENQSports/status/476401844747771904)

Reply (https://twitter.com/search?f=follows&q=%23bengals&src=typd#)
Retweet (https://twitter.com/search?f=follows&q=%23bengals&src=typd#)
Favorite (https://twitter.com/search?f=follows&q=%23bengals&src=typd#)
More

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/3367550249/9479fee4b9ca8e6721790dd8338ce35a_bigger.pngEnquire r Sports ‏@ENQSports (https://twitter.com/ENQSports) 1m (https://twitter.com/ENQSports/status/476401760991723521)
MT @pauldehnerjr (https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr): Andy Dalton still hopeful, still optimistic a contract can get done that’s good for everyone #offseasonstorylines (https://twitter.com/hashtag/offseasonstorylines?src=hash) #Bengals (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash)

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 01:42 PM
Geoff Hobson ‏@GeoffHobsonCin (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin) 1m (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/476403696952029185)
Lewis says @Bengals (https://twitter.com/Bengals) may possibly have joint preseasonpractice like in Atlanta last season.

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 01:47 PM
Geoff Hobson ‏@GeoffHobsonCin (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin) 40s (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/476404934611451904)
Lewis on offensive tempo: like in a game. Same with speed of play calling.

Bengals1181
Geoff Hobson @GeoffHobsonCin (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin) · 15s (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/476404539915268097)

Lewis on coach's role in locker room: My job to be in there, not behind my desk.

Bengals1181
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1311312634/105967363_normal.jpgGeoff Hobson @GeoffHobsonCin (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin) · 12s (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/476401977237045249)

Dalton: you obviously want to make sure guys around you can get paid too

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 01:49 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1311312634/105967363_normal.jpgGeoff Hobson @GeoffHobsonCin (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin) · 2m (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/476399793200431104)

Dalton: Biggest adjustment to uptempo is reacting to better timing

ReplyReplied to 0 times (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/476399793200431104)
RetweetRetweeted 0 times
FavoriteFavorited 0 times
More

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1311312634/105967363_normal.jpgGeoff Hobson @GeoffHobsonCin (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin) · 4m (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/476399434012839936)

Dalton: Emphasis on what we do and not what other team does

ReplyReplied to 0 times (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/476399434012839936)
RetweetRetweeted 1 time1
More

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1311312634/105967363_normal.jpgGeoff Hobson @GeoffHobsonCin (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin) · 4m (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/476399236633075712)

Dalton: real easy transition to Hue because of trust and confidence

ReplyReplied to 0 times (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/476399236633075712)
RetweetRetweeted 1 time1
More

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1311312634/105967363_normal.jpgGeoff Hobson @GeoffHobsonCin (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin) · 5m (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/476399022379630592)

Dalton on Hue: his big thing is getting the play in fast to give QB time to adjust

ReplyReplied to 0 times (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/476399022379630592)
RetweetRetweeted 1 time1
More

​Geoff Hobson @GeoffHobsonCin (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin) · 6m (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/476398818762575872)

Dalton says biggest difference this week is sked mirrors regular season.

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 01:50 PM
Geoff Hobson @GeoffHobsonCin (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin) · 9s (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/476405803738750976)

No cookie cutter when it comes to knee injuries, Lewis says

ReplyReplied to 0 times (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/476405803738750976)
RetweetRetweeted 0 times
More

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1311312634/105967363_normal.jpgGeoff Hobson @GeoffHobsonCin (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin) · 24s (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/476405421561761792)

Lewis on Geno:Not as easy to tell.

ReplyReplied to 0 times (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/476405421561761792)
RetweetRetweeted 0 times
More

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1311312634/105967363_normal.jpgGeoff Hobson @GeoffHobsonCin (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin) · 21s (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/476405307925483520)

Lewis on Hall: Amazing recovery. On pace to take camp's first snap.

Zins30
06-10-2014, 03:07 PM
@GeoffHobsonCin: Lewis no concern on Geno being back Week 1 regular season. @GeoffHobsonCin: http://t.co/QC4Pr4ns4M: Dalton still hopeful after Kap hit; Alex Smith re-signs; Bodine impresses Pollak http://t.co/AEf1973kF3 via @Bengals

Edit: 1181's looks prettier so deleted my post

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Andy Dalton (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/andy-dalton/9378c4ed-938c-434c-929d-4d45fe252101/) said last week he’s confident he’ll get a deal with the Bengals and he still is this week in the wake of Colin Kaepernick’s seven-year extension that can best be interpreted at about $18 million per year:
“I’m hopeful something will get done. It’s just a matter of time.”
Dalton doesn’t seem fazed by the premise of the deal, which is structured by incentives.
“You have to have confidence in yourself to be able to do things,” said Dalton Tuesday before the Bengals’ first mandatory minicamp practice. “I think he’s confident enough he’ll be able to play out the whole contract and he’s going to be able to earn everything. For me, I feel the same way. I feel like I’m confident in what I’m able to do…But you can’t even talk about (structure) right now.”
Dalton says he understands another part of the Kaepernick deal. There has to be enough left.
“Obviously, you want to do what’s best for you and your family, but you also want to get guys around you,” Dalton said. “Yeah, they’re trying to get something done with me. But there’s also A.J. (Green), there’s a bunch of other guys in the next group that are going to get stuff. Just finding that ground that is good for everybody.”
SMITH EXPECTED: With tight end Jermaine Gresham (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/jermaine-gresham/66ed6d24-c4c8-45c3-83d8-438594e91723/) not participating this spring with an unknown ailment, the Bengals moved to bolster the tight end spot when they were expected to re-sign 10-year veteran Alex Smith before Tuesday’s practice. Smith took 247 snaps last year in his first season with the Bengals before his year ended with a dislocated wrist in the regular-season finale. The 6-4, 250-pound Smith, who rehabbed with the Bengals the past month, is a solid blocker that covers them in the blocking end of it until Gresham comes back.
POLLAK FLEXIBLE: Mike Pollak (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/mike-pollak/5ccfe04c-75cb-424f-a0e2-13e4c451adb3/) said he hasn't really been told if he's going to be at center or guard and he says that's fine because he'll be ready to do both. But he won't do it until training camp as he rests a knee that flared up during offseason training. He says he's watched rookie center Russell Bodine (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/russell-bodine/dc234ddd-cb75-4c7c-b788-7b0ce466ac02/) and says he's been impressed by his poise and ability to pick up the offense.
VET TAKE: Much has been made of rookies running up big dinner tabs for veterans and it’s coming under attack as a form of hazing. Left tackle Andrew Whitworth (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/andrew-whitworth/3a81696e-e6b3-4abd-8dd0-85e8748fa086/), the Bengals’ rep to the NFL Players Association, says to slow down.
“One night out of 365 where you’re taking a kid out to dinner and saying, ‘Hey, you need to buy us a nice dinner because we’re basically out here teaching you things that are going to help you become a millionaire,’” Whitworth said. “It’s getting a little silly.
“There is such a thing as being disrespectful and trying to spend his money on purpose,” Whitworth said. “It’s a veteran’s job to keep it to where it’s reasonable and keep it where it’s not excessive and not forced. It should be a way to say, ‘Thank you.’”
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Quick-hits-Dalton-still-hopeful-after-Kap-hit-TE-Alex-Smith-re-signs-Bodine-impresses-Pollak-/555f34c3-dee3-4d77-8e81-a72b39f964e8?campaign=cin:fanshare:twitter

Tigris
06-10-2014, 03:26 PM
Since the OTA's are over, is there any objections that I take this moment to introduce the secret to a good spaghetti dish? Sugar. Yeah, it's that simple. Sprinkle a little bit of sugar over the top of your spaghetti and sauce. You'll be happy you did.

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Since the OTA's are over, is there any objections that I take this moment to introduce the secret to a good spaghetti dish? Sugar. Yeah, it's that simple. Sprinkle a little bit of sugar over the top of your spaghetti and sauce. You'll be happy you did.

OTA's aren't over. :)

Tigris
06-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Someone said they were finished. Heck, I thought it was you, but over at GB.

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 03:37 PM
Someone said they were finished. Heck, I thought it was you, but over at GB.

until today. mandatory minicamps start today through Thursday, hence all the interviews.

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 03:49 PM
I assume at center.

Geoff Hobson @GeoffHobsonCin (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin) · 1m (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/476432789173440512)

Bodine starting with 1s

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 04:04 PM
Joe Danneman ‏@FOX19Joe (https://twitter.com/FOX19Joe) 49s (https://twitter.com/FOX19Joe/status/476439433932443648)
[VIDEO] Kaepernick got his deal. How does this effect the Bengals negotiations with Dalton? Andy answers: http://wxix.videodownload.worldnow.com/WXIX_1006201414545997210AC.mp4 … (http://t.co/rvLFgpAuSG)

membengal
06-10-2014, 04:06 PM
I assume at center.

Geoff Hobson @GeoffHobsonCin (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin) · 1m (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/476432789173440512)

Bodine starting with 1s

Shockingly, at WR. No one saw it coming.

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Jay Morrison ‏@JayMorrisonCMG (https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonCMG) 11m (https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonCMG/status/476459901892689920)
Lot has been said about Hue's up-tempo offense. Asked what the defense thinks of it, he said "They hate me right now." #Bengals (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash)
Expand (https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonCMG/status/476459901892689920)

Reply (https://twitter.com/search?f=follows&q=bengals&src=typd#)
Retweet (https://twitter.com/search?f=follows&q=bengals&src=typd#)
Favorite (https://twitter.com/search?f=follows&q=bengals&src=typd#)
More

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2173218079/profile_bigger.jpgJay Morrison ‏@JayMorrisonCMG (https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonCMG) 15m (https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonCMG/status/476458890071384064)
Hue on #Bengals (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash) offense: "I’m excited about what the upside is, but we’ve got to keep chasing it every day to get there."

texbengal
06-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Shockingly, at WR. No one saw it coming.

He's got a huge catching radius.

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 05:55 PM
By Jay Morrison (http://www.daytondailynews.com/staff/jay-morrison/)
Staff Writer
CINCINNATI —
The Cincinnati Bengals are on the field for the first of what will be three practices during the mandatory minicamp that runs through Thursday at Paul Brown Stadium.
“We’ve had a good offseason thus far with our guys, and our revisions, and our changes moving forward with the development of some young guys and the immersion of all of our draft picks into our program,” Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said. “It’s been good and productive. We have basically five more practices left this offseason that will lay good groundwork as we enter into training camp in July. We’re in a good position.”
Following this week’s minicamp, the Bengals will be back on the field next week to conclude the offseason program with OTAs before taking a few weeks off prior to the July 24 start of training camp.
Minicamp practices are closed to the public but open to the media.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/sports/football/bengals-on-the-field-for-minicamp/ngH8C/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 05:56 PM
Coley Harvey @ColeyHarvey (https://twitter.com/ColeyHarvey) · 2h (https://twitter.com/ColeyHarvey/status/476433079217958912)

It's only June, and it was a one-on-one WR-DB drill, but Dalton has had a couple nice deep balls so far to A.J. Green/Marvin Jones #minicamp (https://twitter.com/hashtag/minicamp?src=hash)

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 05:57 PM
given that there were at least 5 local beat writers there today, I find today's coverage really lacking.

2 total tweet's regarding on-field happenings between the lot of them?

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 06:07 PM
http://footballpros.com/assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/630x269-photos/2014/OTAS/dalton-otas.jpg

Andy Dalton (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/andy-dalton/9378c4ed-938c-434c-929d-4d45fe252101/) News Conference
Paul Brown Stadium
June 10, 2014

What's the difference between OTAs and minicamp?
“I think the big difference is getting on a schedule that's kind of normal to a Wednesday or a Thursday during the season. You're here longer. You've got the walk-throughs that you'll be able to get on tape and work through and learn from, and correct those before you get to the practice. And there are some different things that go on. There’s a little bit more of a mental edge. The practice might be similar (to OTAs), but at this point, we’ve gone over the installs and everything, so now it's just getting up running, making sure everybody's on the same page, knowing their assignments. And guys should be moving a lot faster now, because on the mental side, they should already understand what we're doing. I think that's the big difference between the OTAs and minicamp. If you look at the practices, they might not look different, but just from the standpoint of knowing what's going on, that's where the difference is.”

How has the installation gone?
“There's some different things. It is the same offense that we were running, but there's a lot of tweaks in there, based on how Hue (new offensive coordinator Hue Jackson) likes to do things. So it's just getting the little things that he's doing down, whether it be motion, shifts, all the different stuff that we've got going on.”

Hue is big on the QB being the field general, right?
“That's his big thing. He told me he wants to get the play in so he can start talking trash to the defense and not have to worry about. The rest of it is on me, getting guys lined up and everything. And that's how it should be. In a game-time situation, the quarterback is the one on the field getting guys lined up and everything, if it's not right. So Hue tries to create that atmosphere in practice.”

Talk about the relationship between a new coordinator and QB …
“It's been a really easy transition. I had a great relationship with Jay (Gruden), and it kind of showed in what we were able to do, what he trusted me with, what he let me do at the line of scrimmage, all the different stuff that we had to do. Hue has done a great job coming in. We've had that relationship kind of from the beginning. Obviously he was here last year, so we had that going in. But just the amount of support and the trust I get, and knowing that I'm his guy, that I'm going to be running everything, is great. Everything with Hue is about the quarterback position, that he's the leader of this team. So from Day 1, it's been great.”

Your first two coordinators were quarterbacks themselves and could see the offense through the eyes of a QB …
“It's been great, just from the standpoint of the coach understanding what you’re going through. Jay was great with it, and Hue as well. There's been a lot of emphasis on the other positions, exactly how we're going to do it, and regardless of what the other team's doing, this is what we're doing. So it's been a big part of helping with the timing of everything. He understands why you made certain reads. You can talk through things, and for a guy that's been in your shoes, he understands what you're going through. So it's good to have that perspective.”

Could you have been a leader this way as a rookie?
“It's different. From there, you're trying to learn the position of an NFL quarterback, trying to learn what it takes to succeed at this level. It's easy to say the quarterback is going to step in and be the leader of the team, but you haven't been around guys who have been in the league for 8-9-10 years. So there's a difference. But I think where I am now, I've played a lot of games, I've been in this system a long time, guys know what they're getting from me. So it's obviously a whole lot easier now, going into year four, rather than being a rookie.”

The receivers say they have to run a lot more to get into position in the up-tempo approach. How does it affect the quarterback?
“I think with them doing that, it helps with the timing of everything. We are doing some things differently. So it's making sure guys are lined up how you want them to, how we're doing our motions, that guys are going full-speed. With all that, it helps with the timing. They want to do everything quick. We want to do everything quick, too. We want our drops to be quick. We want to get back and be ready to go. And so the emphasis is on tempo this whole offseason. We've really been moving forward in that direction and it's been great.”

Does Mohamed Sanu (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/mohamed-sanu/2ec826da-ce44-498c-8d77-174bbd664114/) look different to you physically this year?
“Yeah, he does. He's not your typical slim receiver, maybe like Marvin or A.J. He's a guy that's bigger, and he's built a lot thicker, and he’s running a lot better than I think he has the last couple of years. He looks smooth. I think his speed's increased. It's been fun to see all the things he does. He's a guy that's outside, inside, kind of plays all the positions. You need a guy on the team like that who can do it all.”

Getting back to tempo, how does that affect getting rid of the ball?
“I think that's kind of what were talking about earlier, with the drops and different things. You want to get back and get it out quicker and trust our guys, and so there's certain things, whether it be the quick game, whether it be some of the deep throws down the field, that involve putting some trust in those guys and turning it loose a little bit sooner, and just let them go make a play. I think just the whole tempo of everything, whether it be the receivers running, the way I'm getting back, whatever we're doing, has really helped.”

Are you comfortable playing with (free agent OT)Marshall Newhouse (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/marshall-newhouse/683be59c-ea9a-4501-a01f-80c1414591fe/), your old teammate at TCU?
“Yeah, he's versatile. Playing on the left side, playing on the right side, I know he did it all in Green Bay. When I was in college, he was my left tackle the whole time, so I'm very familiar with him. It's nice having a guy that you're really close friends with, having been on another team and then having him come here. It's been cool. He's played in a lot of games, he understands what it takes to play. He’s versatile and can move around. He's kind of that same mold as A.C. (Anthony Collins) was for us last year. So he's a great addition.”

What does Marshall tell you about his experience in Green Bay?
“He obviously had a good experience. I think his rookie year, they won the Super Bowl. I think it's having guys on the same page all the time, going for one goal, striving to be the best. So they were the Wild Card team that year, and they did whatever it took to win once they got to the playoffs.”

What did you think about Colin Kaepernick's contract extension?
“I was happy for him. He's a guy who has done a lot and has achieved a lot. I was happy that he was able to get something done.”

It's really a bunch of one-year deals. Is that good or bad for a QB?
“I don't know exactly how it's structured, but you want to be able to earn your way. I'm sure he was trying to get as much as he could guaranteed. But at any point, if you're not up to the par that they want you to be, it gives them a chance to cut you, to decide to part ways. So you look at it from a standpoint that yeah, it's a bunch of one-year deals, but you should have full confidence in yourself that you're going to go out and earn every year that's put on that deal.”

How might his deal affect your talks about a new deal?
“I think the biggest thing is that it got done. That's one thing that you see, that they took the time and were able to find a middle ground and get it done. So I'm hopeful that will happen for me soon.”

I know there’s a balancing act in structuring a deal with the salary cap as a factor …
“Right. I think it kind of all depends on the team, its cap room. There's a bunch of different factors that go into it. Obviously you want to do something where you have guys around you that are going to help you out and help you be successful as well.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Dalton-Mini-Camp-News-Conference/32bc10f9-1574-48b2-9fc8-4b5379416fd5

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 06:09 PM
Cincy Jungle ‏@CincyJungle (https://twitter.com/CincyJungle) 1m (https://twitter.com/CincyJungle/status/476470741416677376)
Victor Hampton reportedly signs with Cincinnati Bengals http://sbn.to/SwpJA9 (http://t.co/armZP7Eoba)

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 07:54 PM
http://prod.static.bengals.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/video-thumbnails/new-video-thumbnails/140610-Minicamp_Presser-Thumb--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Press-Conference-Marvin-Lewis-on-Minicamp-Pt2/f12b9097-7dae-4112-ada6-e1cea5d08e49)
Press Conference: Marvin Lewis on Minicamp Pt.2 (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Press-Conference-Marvin-Lewis-on-Minicamp-Pt2/f12b9097-7dae-4112-ada6-e1cea5d08e49)

http://prod.static.bengals.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/video-thumbnails/new-video-thumbnails/140610-Minicamp_Presser-Thumb--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Press-Conference-Marvin-Lewis-on-Minicamp-Pt1/6c23e371-1f8d-4cb5-b683-d07f64866ae4)
Press Conference: Marvin Lewis on Minicamp Pt.1 (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Press-Conference-Marvin-Lewis-on-Minicamp-Pt1/6c23e371-1f8d-4cb5-b683-d07f64866ae4)

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 07:55 PM
can't embed it, but hit the link for a great Whit interview. (http://www.espn1530.com/onair/lindsay-patterson-40766/first-day-of-bengals-mini-camp-12446491/)

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 08:04 PM
Paul Dehner Jr. ‏@pauldehnerjr (https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr) 3m (https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/476499356049494017)
Who doesn't love a good photo gallery? My man @GaryLanders (https://twitter.com/GaryLanders) w/ collection from #Bengals (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash) today at PBS. http://cin.ci/1obrzFu (http://t.co/K8Fp3aKyeL)

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 08:33 PM
Paul Dehner Jr.Verified account‏@pauldehnerjr (https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr)

OC Jackson on Dalton: "He's taken charge and control. He's more compact, the ball comes out quicker. I'm excited about what the upside is."

Bengals1181
06-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Defensive tackle Devon Still (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14963/devon-still) was not present. He was granted permission last week to attend to personal matters. He announced on social media Wednesday that his young daughter has cancer.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11063425/leon-hall-cincinnati-bengals-final-stages-rehab-achilles-tear

mongo
06-11-2014, 08:02 AM
can't embed it, but hit the link for a great Whit interview. (http://www.espn1530.com/onair/lindsay-patterson-40766/first-day-of-bengals-mini-camp-12446491/)

If he wants it, Whit will have no problems getting a gig in radio or television after his playing days are over. Bright, personable, well-spoken, and genuine. It's always good to hear what he has to say.

Bengals1181
06-11-2014, 10:55 AM
Press Conference: Andy Dalton on Minicamp Pt. 2 (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Press-Conference-Andy-Dalton-on-Minicamp-Pt-2/1df10dd4-d0f4-4e64-b8c0-4a535d59e7c8)

http://prod.static.bengals.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/video-thumbnails/new-video-thumbnails/140611-Dalton_Presser_Minicamp_Thumb--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Press-Conference-Andy-Dalton-on-Minicamp-Pt-1/8bf1aba5-ad07-4255-8084-05db2126f195)
Press Conference: Andy Dalton on Minicamp Pt. 1 (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Press-Conference-Andy-Dalton-on-Minicamp-Pt-1/8bf1aba5-ad07-4255-8084-05db2126f195)

Bengals1181
06-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Cincinnati Bengals ‏@Bengals (https://twitter.com/Bengals) 1m (https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/476741660202655744)
NEWS: #Bengals (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash) sign OT Will Svitek and CB Victor Hampton, waive CB Brandon Burton and LB Bruce Taylor

Bengals1181
06-11-2014, 12:07 PM
Svitek is a 10 year vet joining his 4th team

texbengal
06-11-2014, 12:15 PM
Svitek was also paired with Zito on Miami Vice. Used to wear Hawaiian shirts all the time.

Bengals1181
06-11-2014, 12:41 PM
Svitek was also paired with Zito on Miami Vice. Used to wear Hawaiian shirts all the time.

I'd love to watch you and Andy have a conversation. :)

Bengals1181
06-11-2014, 12:43 PM
CINCINNATI -- Since Tuesday ended up being a more news-filled day on the Cincinnati Bengals (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/cin/cincinnati-bengals?ex_cid=null) beat than anticipated, the following observations from the first day of the Bengals' minicamp are coming a little later than anticipated, too.

But here they are, in all their glory. In no particular order, a few observations from Cincinnati's first minicamp practice:

As Leon Hall (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10462/leon-hall?ex_cid=null) enters the final stage of the rehab process (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11063425/leon-hall-cincinnati-bengals-final-stages-rehab-achilles-tear), tight end Jermaine Gresham (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13228/jermaine-gresham?ex_cid=null)was at the workout, albeit as a spectator. According to our Field Yates, Gresham has been missing the past few weeks because he's been recovering from hernia surgery performed earlier this offseason. He had previously missed the first two organized team activities, both open and voluntary, with an injury coach Marvin Lewis declined to give specifics on. His sighting at the minicamp was his first since he was spotted during voluntary workouts in early May.
[+] Enlargehttp://a.espncdn.com/photo/2014/0611/nfl_a_eifert_ap_300x200.jpg (http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2014/0611/nfl_a_eifert_ap_600.jpg)Al Behrman/AP PhotoBengals tight end Tyler Eifert runs through drills on the sideline during Tuesday's minicamp.

Fellow tight end Tyler Eifert (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15788/tyler-eifert?ex_cid=null)returned to practice after missing the last open OTA with a shoulder injury. He was limited for part of Tuesday's workout, though. After beginning the session in uniform, he shed his jersey in the final hour to conduct conditioning exercises off to the side. Along with him, Hall went through a conditioning circuit. Injured left guard Clint Boling (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14178/clint-boling?ex_cid=null) also went through his share of rehab exercises to help his ACL get back to 100 percent.
Another tight end, unrestricted Bengals free agent Alex Smith (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8485/alex-smith?ex_cid=null), not only re-signed Tuesday, but he practiced. It was his first practice since December, when he dislocated his wrist during a start he made for both Gresham and Eifert who were out with injuries.
The only absence was defensive tackle Devon Still (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14963/devon-still?ex_cid=null), who was cleared to leave last week to attend to personal matters. Still announced via social media last week that his young daughter was recently diagnosed with cancer.
As far as on-field notes, the phrase of the day was "Dalton to Green" (or "Dalton to Jones," worked, too). Showing off what offensive coordinator Hue Jackson says are real improvements, quarterback Andy Dalton (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14012/andy-dalton?ex_cid=null) was right in sync with receivers A.J. Green (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13983/aj-green)and Marvin Jones (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15072/marvin-jones?ex_cid=null). He completed several difficult passes to them in one-on-one, seven-on-seven and 11-on-11 drills. Arguably his best throw of the day was a cross-field bomb to Green that was thrown from the left hashmark to the right sideline. He had a couple of other deep passes to Green that turned heads, too.
The moment when Dalton caused the most audible "ohhs" and "ahhs" among his teammates, though, came during the rushing portion of an 11-on-11 drill. Dalton faked an option pitch that completely duped the nearby defender, and the quarterback kept going through the hole untouched. In addition to all the running the Bengals are going to do this year, read options and other quarterback runs could be part of the arsenal, too. As much as his arm gets criticized, Dalton does have mobility that was seldom used the past three years. Late last season they started running more zone read for him. When they did, the offense more times than not, picked up big yards whether he kept the ball or not.
Along with Green and Jones, rookie James Wright (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/16922/james-wright?ex_cid=null) seemed to catch his share of attention from the coaches. His cuts looked crisp, and his moves in single coverage drew regular praise from Jackson. If there's a first-year player on offense to watch during training camp, it could be him. The Bengals already are loaded at receiver, but the seventh-round pick stands a good chance to shake up the lower reaches of the depth chart.
Brandon Tate (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12597/brandon-tate?ex_cid=null) also had a strong showing during the practice, catching most everything thrown his way. Often he was matched against cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14940/dre-kirkpatrick), who struggled to break up passes both deep and short against him. Kirkpatrick also seemed to struggle with figuring out exactly where Tate was going when he made a move. Perhaps it's simply springtime adjustments, but Kirkpatrick certainly will be one to keep an eye on as Cincinnati continues tweaking its deep cornerback group. RookieDarqueze Dennard (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/16718/darqueze-dennard?ex_cid=null) continues to receive action both in the slot and on the outside.
Center Russell Bodine (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/16876/russell-bodine?ex_cid=null) will be another rookie to track during training camp. He received first-team snaps Tuesday, getting an opportunity to play as veteran Mike Pollak (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11293/mike-pollak?ex_cid=null)continues rehabbing from a knee injury that he said flared up earlier in the offseason. We'll have more on Bodine later in the week, but Jackson, Pollak and others credited the way he's adapted to the offense so far.
During the two open OTAs the past two weeks Carlos Dunlap (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13274/carlos-dunlap?ex_cid=null) was primarily lining up at the right defensive end position. During Tuesday's minicamp, he switched a little more than he had between the left and right end spots. He'll likely end up playing his share of both positions during the season, although it seems he primarily is in line to take over Michael Johnson (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12436/michael-johnson?ex_cid=null)'s duties at right end. We'll have more on just how he's embracing that role change later this week, too.

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/8449/bengals-jermaine-gresham-andy-dalton-observations-minicamp

Bengals1181
06-11-2014, 12:48 PM
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl (https://twitter.com/caplannfl) 58s (https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/476752674436960256)
In addition to working out Will Svitek, the #Bengals (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash) worked out veteran G/T Garrett Reynolds, source confirmed.

Bengals1181
06-11-2014, 12:53 PM
The team announced Wednesday that they have signed veteran tackle Will Svitek (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3363/will-svitek) as a free agent. Svitek spent the 2013 season with the Patriots, playing 13 games and making a pair of starts during his one year in New England. He spent the previous three years with the Falcons, making 10 starts in 2011, and started his career with the Chiefs.
Svitek’s addition gives the Bengals an alternative toMarshall Newhouse (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5937/marshall-newhouse) as the team’s backup to starting tackles Andrew Whitworth (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3701/andrew-whitworth) and Andre Smith. Svitek also saw some time at guard for the Patriots in the preseason last year, adding some versatility that could help him make the team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/11/bengals-sign-will-svitek/

Bengals1181
06-11-2014, 01:50 PM
Jay Morrison ‏@JayMorrisonCMG (https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonCMG) 5m (https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonCMG/status/476766816422080512)
Greg Lynch's photo gallery from the first day of #Bengals (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash) minicamp: http://www.daytondailynews.com/gallery/news/local/bengals-minicamp/gCLS3/#5365897 … (http://t.co/pS1R0yOehn)

Bengals1181
06-11-2014, 03:21 PM
http://www.bengals.com/assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/630x269-photos/2014/dennard-darqueze/dennard-d-4.jpg
Cornerback Darqueze Dennard (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/darqueze-dennard/892e7752-8bcb-4be8-91ec-ae860dbbfceb/) is on a blitz to learn to blitz.
Updated: 2:10 p.m.
Two rookies the Bengals are counting on to make big impacts quickly are undergoing the slow growing pains of transition as they work with the first units at this week’s mandatory minicamp on the field at Paul Brown Stadium.
Cornerback Darqueze Dennard and center Russell Bodine (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/russell-bodine/dc234ddd-cb75-4c7c-b788-7b0ce466ac02/) are both being asked to do tasks they didn’t do very much in college. For Dennard, it’s blitzing out of the slot and for Bodine it’s making checks at the line of scrimmage.
“I probably need to find some moves,” Dennard said as he broke into a smile before Wednesday’s practice. “The tackles and guards, they get me kind of easy. I need to go into somebody’s repertoire, talk to them and see what they do to get the offensive linemen off of them. I just need to find some moves somewhere. “
Dennard, the first-rounder from Michigan State, only played the slot in college pretty much in practice, but he’s getting a steady diet here as he works with the first nickel package in rehabbing Leon Hall (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/leon-hall/0f379744-8ae4-4952-8f53-75c2f38f43ec/)’s spot. Told he’s got to ask the coaches to get him matchups with running backs, Dennard has already learned that’s not how it works.
“Sometimes it won't be like that. If there is an offensive lineman on me then there’s a defensive end or defensive tackle on the running back and a mismatch, so that's a win for the defense,” Dennard said. “I can’t go out there first and just spin. That would be all bad, I’d end up on my back. I just got to learn how to work my hands better and use my speed and my agility.”
It wasn’t surprising to anyone _ Bodine his teammates, his coaches _ that he lined up with the first unit Tuesday since they traded up in the fourth round to get him and then pronounced him a possible starter as soon as they got off the phone with him. He’s had to school himself on the changeable nature of NFL offense compared to what he dealt with at North Carolina.
“In the offense I ran in college, we didn’t change plays. We’d call a play, we’d get up there and our goal was to run a play every 12 seconds,” Bodine said. “So there wasn’t a whole lot of checking and (audibles) at the line of scrimmage or anything like that. Handling those checks is big for me. It’s definitely the most difficult aspect right now. When that play changes, all my calls change and I’ve got to get everybody on the same page, and that’s been the most difficult thing.”
Offensive coordinator Hue Jackson said on Tuesday Bodine has to have better snaps and Bodine thinks he will once he gets settled.
“It’s a little chaotic for me right now,” Bodine said. “Handling the checks, handling all the calls and all that. I think that’s something that will happen with comfort level. That won’t be a problem.”
Among the biggest adjustments are off the field for rookies as they cope with money and fame. It’s believed Dennard’s contract is hung up on technicality that gets resolved soon. But once he signs, he becomes fair game to pay for a rookie dinner.
“Haven’t thought about it yet,” Dennard said. “ I haven’t got signed so I don’t have any money.”
Bodine has to get used to the attention. He doesn’t like it and admitted to a couple of reporters Tuesday, “I don’t like you guys. Not you. Just what you do.” It turns out it is publicity he doesn’t like.
“If they don’t even know my name, that’s all right,” Bodine said. “Don’t mess anything up. That’s about the only way they figure out who you are.”

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Rookies-face-changes-Bengals-sign-another-tackle/47a11d9f-cd2d-4588-a8d5-ce305b3eae2d?campaign=cin:fanshare:twitter

Bengals1181
06-11-2014, 03:38 PM
Coley Harvey ‏@ColeyHarvey (https://twitter.com/ColeyHarvey) 4m (https://twitter.com/ColeyHarvey/status/476794434752102401)
Back out here for #Bengals (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash) #minicamp (https://twitter.com/hashtag/minicamp?src=hash). Rookies C Russell Bodine and RB Jeremy Hill continue getting action with first-team offense.

Bengals1181
06-11-2014, 03:38 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bp3p-8XCYAAU0IK.jpg

Bengals1181
06-11-2014, 04:57 PM
Jay Morrison ‏@JayMorrisonCMG (https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonCMG) 3m (https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonCMG/status/476814653797195777)
Sean Porter with a terrific one-handed interception of Jason Campbell on final play of #Bengals (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash) practice

Bengals1181
06-11-2014, 05:12 PM
Jay Morrison ‏@JayMorrisonCMG (https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonCMG) 1m (https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonCMG/status/476818897271005185)
Chalk this up under things I never thought I'd see: Gov. John Kasich just gave Pacman Jones golf lessons after #Bengals (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash) practice.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bp4ANFRIMAE2gwu.jpg

Bengals1181
06-11-2014, 05:32 PM
Jeremy Rauch ‏@FOX19Jeremy (https://twitter.com/FOX19Jeremy) 53s (https://twitter.com/FOX19Jeremy/status/476823968767176705)
(VIDEO) Dalton 2.0 and 'Lamborghini' defense headlines #Bengals (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash) minicamp day 2 @fox19 (https://twitter.com/FOX19) (h/t @brettbibbins (https://twitter.com/BrettBibbins)) http://www.fox19.com/story/25751816/much-improved-dalton-lamborghini-defense-headlines-second-day-of-minicamp#.U5i73xNUQik.twitter … (http://t.co/cD4xfoSGK1)

Bengals1181
06-11-2014, 05:39 PM
http://prod.static.bengals.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/video-thumbnails/new-video-thumbnails/140611-Manning_Group_THUMB--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Danieal Manning: "I'm like a rookie" (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Danieal-Manning-Im-like-a-rookie/4f6c0691-3be5-4fe5-b5d3-2a100b22e9d0)

Tigris
06-11-2014, 06:07 PM
Like Bodine already.

JBandJoeyV
06-11-2014, 07:50 PM
Jay Morrison ‏@JayMorrisonCMG (https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonCMG) 3m (https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonCMG/status/476814653797195777)
Sean Porter with a terrific one-handed interception of Jason Campbell on final play of #Bengals (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash) practice

Good to hear, even if it is just one play...I liked porter before the draft, hopefully we can get some PT this year (let alone make the team).

Bengals1181
06-11-2014, 09:05 PM
1 on 1: Alex Smith (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/1-on-1-Alex-Smith/e68be8aa-92ca-4160-a5b0-e4766150eea9)

http://prod.static.bengals.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/video-thumbnails/new-video-thumbnails/140611-Whitworth_Group_THUMB--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Andrew-Whitworth-We-have-exceptional-guys/639771d7-7c6d-47aa-a8ec-7397f881e5ee)
Andrew Whitworth: "We have exceptional guys... (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Andrew-Whitworth-We-have-exceptional-guys/639771d7-7c6d-47aa-a8ec-7397f881e5ee)

Bengals1181
06-11-2014, 09:06 PM
photos

Bengals Mini Camp 6/11/2014 (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/photo-gallery/Bengals-Mini-Camp-6112014/55fa47a8-a116-4f42-b2cb-84373e9008d3)

Bengals1181
06-12-2014, 08:08 AM
@FOX19Jeremy (https://twitter.com/FOX19Jeremy): (VIDEO) #Bengals (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash) minicamp- the toys in Andy's room say there's a noticeable difference in Dalton http://wxix.videodownload.worldnow.com/WXIX_1106201423144684667AC.mp4 … (http://t.co/NvCcpwpIrO)

Bengals1181
06-12-2014, 12:21 PM
CINCINNATI -- Two Cincinnati Bengals (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/cin/cincinnati-bengals) minicamp practices are in the books with a third set to begin about two hours after this post goes live.

Once that practice ends, the Bengals will be done with the mandatory minicamp portion of their offseason, and will slide back into voluntary organized team activities for three more days before breaking for the summer. After next week, the Bengals won't be en masse at Paul Brown Stadium until July 24, when training camp begins.

For now, though, let's catch you up on Wednesday's practice with the following observations:

Again, it must be stressed that it's only June and players aren't even wearing pads. So there isn't much to be gleaned from these practices. Still, it's worth noting that the drills the Bengals are going through right now will at least set the foundation for things they will want to hone when training camp opens.
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/14012.png&w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=false
Dalton
It was all about the two-minute drill Wednesday afternoon as Cincinnati's offense and defense worked on end-of-game scenarios during a pair of 11-on-11 drills. Quarterbacks Andy Dalton (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14012/andy-dalton) and Jason Campbell (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8440/jason-campbell) each had to lead their respective first- and second-team units downfield in a hurry-up scenario. Coaches tried to simulate as much of the drama of a two-minute drill as they could. Coordinators Paul Guenther and Hue Jackson radioed calls to their middle linebackers and quarterbacks. Timeouts were acknowledged. Pacing was quickened.
After moving his offense into scoring territory with 20 seconds left, Dalton, on a third-and-short, looked down the right sideline toward receiver Marvin Jones (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15072/marvin-jones) who had beaten his defender. Dalton's throw was just out of reach, stalling the drive. Had that pass been caught, it would have been an easy touchdown. Perhaps in a game, Jones would have been a step faster to settle under it. Perhaps not.
A pair of other two-minute rallies ended later in the day when rookie cornerbackLavelle Westbrooks (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/16936/lavelle-westbrooks) picked off a pass from Campbell that floated near midfield, and when backup linebacker Sean Porter (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15986/sean-porter) tipped another Campbell pass before intercepting it deep in his own red zone.
Like he has throughout the organized team activities and minicamp practices, rookieRussell Bodine (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/16876/russell-bodine) once again took first-team reps at center with Mike Pollak (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11293/mike-pollak) out nursing a knee injury. Bodine spoke Wednesday about the increased pace the Bengals are incorporating this year offensively, and said it didn't trouble him much. His college offense at North Carolina tried to get plays off 12 seconds into the play clock. That is a quick tempo.
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/13274.png&w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=false
Dunlap
Defensive end Carlos Dunlap (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13274/carlos-dunlap) spent much of Tuesday's practice playing right end. On Wednesday he was back to more of a rotation between right and left end. Expect those rotations to continue into training camp and through the season as the Bengals try to confuse opposing offensive lines. Dunlap won't be the only one roving around the line, either, Guenther said Wednesday. Ends Margus Hunt (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15844/margus-hunt) and Wallace Gilberry (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11809/wallace-gilberry) also will do their share of switching.
Offensive tackle Andrew Whitworth (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/9641/andrew-whitworth) was a scratch on Wednesday. He didn't participate in drills but was a coach of sorts, giving advice to some of the younger linemen and working with them on technique. We are not sure why Whitworth was a scratch, but it didn't appear to be anything too serious.
With Whitworth out, backup Marshall Newhouse (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13428/marshall-newhouse) got repetitions at left tackle. Next to him at left guard, Tanner Hawkinson (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15919/tanner-hawkinson) continues to fill the void left by Clint Boling (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14178/clint-boling), who is rehabbing from an ACL injury. When Hawkinson isn't playing that position T.J. Johnson (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15915/tj-johnson)has been.
As the Bengals try to pick up their tempo, rhythm becomes very important. The only way rhythm can be established between the quarterbacks and receivers is for both groups to go through these early June practices at full speed. That was the point Jackson stressed early in the practice to A.J. Green (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13983/aj-green), who wasn't getting into and coming out of breaks as quickly as he needs to. "Everything you do, A.J., has to be at full speed," Jackson said.
We mentioned it in the Day 1 observation notes, and it's worth mentioning again: seventh-round pick James Wright (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/16922/james-wright) is one rookie to have on your radar. He has impressed at times during the minicamp, and really got a little attention at one point in Wednesday's workout when he caught a bomb in the middle of the field from Dalton. After beating his defender deep, he worked his way over from the right side of the field and caught in stride a perfectly placed pass. The defender went for the ball and failed in his attempt. Wright easily glided in for a touchdown.

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/8515/bengals-minicamp-observations-two-minute-day-2

Bengals1181
06-12-2014, 12:42 PM
Coley Harvey @ColeyHarvey (https://twitter.com/ColeyHarvey) · 1m (https://twitter.com/ColeyHarvey/status/477107504426803200)

After not practicing Wednesday, Andrew Whitworth is back today. #Bengals (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash) #minicamp (https://twitter.com/hashtag/minicamp?src=hash)

Bengals1181
06-12-2014, 01:40 PM
Coley Harvey @ColeyHarvey (https://twitter.com/ColeyHarvey) · 5m (https://twitter.com/ColeyHarvey/status/477126724954890240)

McCarron has been throwing more today. Has had a couple nice throws, too. Had a well-placed one to Cobi Hamilton on comeback route earlier

Bengals1181
06-12-2014, 01:58 PM
The Orson Charles experiment is ongoing at fullback. He's still predominantly playing there with the occasional moonlighting at tight end either by position or formation shift. He'll be competing for the fullback/H-back job in camp and the debate will arise again whether the Bengals should go with one specifically in a room now even more crowded with that addition of Jeremy Hill along with BGJE, Gio, Rex Burkhead, Cedric Peerman and company. Hue Jackson wants to improve the power running, and a fullback would seemingly be an asset in such a quest. That said, he's far, far from a lock especially considering his offseason transgression. (http://www.cincinnati.com/story/blogs/2014/04/01/bengals-fb-orson-charles-arrested-in-kentucky/7151591/)

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/blogs/2014/06/12/walkthrough-612-good-day-at-pbs/10363065/

Bengals1181
06-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Lindsay Patterson @lindzpatterson (https://twitter.com/lindzpatterson) · 25m (https://twitter.com/lindzpatterson/status/477129270154625024)

Dalton with some short passes to Giovanni today.

Lindsay Patterson @lindzpatterson (https://twitter.com/lindzpatterson) · 1h (https://twitter.com/lindzpatterson/status/477117873664839680)

Been pretty impressed with Dalton at camp this week, but it means nothing until September.

Lindsay Patterson @lindzpatterson (https://twitter.com/lindzpatterson) · 2h (https://twitter.com/lindzpatterson/status/477109376176504832)

Andy to AJ. #Bengals (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash) http://instagram.com/p/pJiFqVDJ8Y/ (http://t.co/qiDgv3eXkJ)

Lindsay Patterson @lindzpatterson (https://twitter.com/lindzpatterson) · 2h (https://twitter.com/lindzpatterson/status/477106404277645312)

Leon more off to the side workout. http://instagram.com/p/pJgvNYjJ6Q/ (http://t.co/gf7bsKJ3Ny)

Lindsay Patterson @lindzpatterson (https://twitter.com/lindzpatterson) · 2h (https://twitter.com/lindzpatterson/status/477103243357876224)

Clint and Leon working out on the side. pic.twitter.com/XWQ4QMtHFk (http://t.co/XWQ4QMtHFk)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bp8C3rhCMAEBfqO.jpg:large (https://twitter.com/lindzpatterson/status/477103243357876224/photo/1)

Lindsay Patterson @lindzpatterson (https://twitter.com/lindzpatterson) · 2h (https://twitter.com/lindzpatterson/status/477102613096574976)

Proof they are early. pic.twitter.com/CkyY8iUQjm (http://t.co/CkyY8iUQjm)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bp8CR2YCMAALLHe.jpg:large (https://twitter.com/lindzpatterson/status/477102613096574976/photo/1)

JBandJoeyV
06-12-2014, 03:00 PM
Sounds like good things regarding dalton, but really doesn't mean anything till the year starts.

Zins30
06-12-2014, 09:39 PM
Bengals wrap minicamp mixing up lineups
June, 12, 2014
JUN 12
5:15
PM ET
By Coley Harvey | ESPN.com
13COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
CINCINNATI -- The mandatory minicamp portion of the Cincinnati Bengals' offseason has come to an end, meaning summer is well within view.

Following three voluntary organized team activity practices next week, the Bengals are off until July 24, when they take to Paul Brown Stadium's practice fields for the start of training camp. The only day next week media are permitted to watch the team practice is Monday. After that day, we won't see all 90 players on a field together until training camp.

That makes Thursday's final minicamp practice an important last step in springtime football.

Here are a few brief observations from the workout:
As they continue experimenting with offense and defense combinations, the Bengals shuffled players around all practice. Linemen who had been getting some run with the second- and third-team units were practicing with the first-teamers. The same went for reserve running backs and receivers, who were taking handoffs and catching passes from starting quarterback Andy Dalton. It was the coaches' chance to see which backup players could shine with the first-teamers, and which starters could play alongside which backups. It's all part of the tinkering that goes on in June.
That said, undrafted free agent Trey Hopkins was among those backup players who got some playing time with the first-team offense. The offensive lineman played both left tackle and left guard during the practice. Running backs Cedric Peerman, Rex Burkhead and BenJarvus Green-Ellis also were among those who played with the first-team units. Since rookie Jeremy Hill was drafted, Green-Ellis has slid from running with the first team alongside Giovani Bernard, to the lower quadrant of the backfield depth chart. On defense, cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick was one of the backups who mixed in with the first-teamers on both sides of the ball.
Like we mentioned Wednesday, rookie quarterback AJ McCarron has been cleared to throw after dealing with "arm tightness" during the first two weeks of OTAs. He threw a little bit more and threw deeper passes Thursday. One of his best of the day was about a 15-yard comeback route to Cobi Hamilton, who broke sharply away from his defender thanks to a quick cut. McCarron also was picked off late in the practice when the Bengals were going through a two-minute drill. Safety Shawn Williams jumped a short throw.
Finally, after missing Wednesday's practice, Pro Bowl left tackle Andrew Whitworth was back Thursday, getting his normal reps.

Tigris
06-12-2014, 11:10 PM
I wonder what young guys are going to step it up this year. Williams, Hunt are two guys who could come up big. I'll admit, I loved the Hunt pick last year but I didn't think he looked very fast and athletic enough when he was in. Could be a fast timer and slow player. Could be a slower player due to being new and it'll pick up. I could even be wrong and misremembering. I don't know... I just want him to be the beast his measurements say he can be but I have my doubts about him. Still, he was a cool follow on Hard Knocks last year regardless.

texbengal
06-12-2014, 11:35 PM
I wonder what young guys are going to step it up this year. Williams, Hunt are two guys who could come up big. I'll admit, I loved the Hunt pick last year but I didn't think he looked very fast and athletic enough when he was in. Could be a fast timer and slow player. Could be a slower player due to being new and it'll pick up. I could even be wrong and misremembering. I don't know... I just want him to be the beast his measurements say he can be but I have my doubts about him. Still, he was a cool follow on Hard Knocks last year regardless.

I thought Shawn Williams really showed up on STs late in the year. Whether he gets any PT at safety - hard to say, but he will be key on special teams. Re Hunt, I wasn't crazy about the pick, but I saw improvement as he got more snaps. He still gets out leveraged at times, but I though he showed some excellent effort and burst once he was able to disengage. He's a work in progress but I saw progress. Personally, I can't wait to see a healthy Porter, and I think Burkhead and Cobi can make some noise, too.

Bengals1181
06-13-2014, 09:25 AM
Notes: Dennard signs; Leon eyes long haul; Hopkins runs with 1s; Versatile Svitek

Posted 16 hours ago

http://prod.static.bengals.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/images/hobson60x60.jpg
Geoff HobsonEditorBengals.comFollow Me (http://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin) Blog (http://blogs.bengals.com/category/hobsons-choice/)

The Bengals finished off the signing of their eight draft picks Thursday when they inked first-rounder Darqueze Dennard on the last day of the mandatory minicamp.

http://www.bengals.com/assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/630x269-photos/2014/dennard-darqueze/dennard-d-4.jpg
Updated: 5:05 p.m.
First-round cornerback Darqueze Dennard (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/darqueze-dennard/892e7752-8bcb-4be8-91ec-ae860dbbfceb/) is in the fold.
The Bengals finished off the signing of their eight draft picks Thursday when they inked first-rounder Darqueze Dennard on the last day of the mandatory minicamp.
Since the inception of the rookie wage scale in 2011, draft signings have become virtually moot and it’s believed Dennard’s deal got done after both sides resolved a technicality.
It now leaves the Bengals looking at two more deals they’d like to get done before too long. Talks with Pro Bowl linebacker Vontaze Burfict (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/vontaze-burfict/941b89df-2666-4d9f-810e-9b889ba417eb/) and quarterback Andy Dalton (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/andy-dalton/9378c4ed-938c-434c-929d-4d45fe252101/) have been ongoing during the offseason and both seemed to have made some kind of headway. Dalton told Bengals.com last week the sides were closer and a few weeks ago Fox Sports reported progress with Burfict.
Dennard, the 24th pick out of Michigan State, has been as advertised. Smart and seasoned, he has replaced rehabbing Leon Hall (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/leon-hall/0f379744-8ae4-4952-8f53-75c2f38f43ec/) in the first-team slot even though he hardly played the spot in games for the Spartans. Hall himself has been impressed.
“I like Darqueze. The only hesitation I have is judging people too early, especially before the pads come out,” Hall said after Thursday’s practice. “But if you look at him in the helmets, I think he’s done everything the coaches have asked him to do. He’s definitely smart enough to make an impact in his first year once he gets more comfortable, knows the defense a little better.”
Hall says he has yet to see Dennard get beat so badly that people say, “Oh God, he looked terrible on that play,” and says it’s only a matter of cleaning up the technique and leverage flaws that even veterans have to do.
“He understands the playbook,” Hall said. “To begin with that’s what a lot of people struggle with.”
Hall, the Michigan product they took with the 18th pick in 2007, seems to be coping in his dealings with a Spartan. He had practice when he played opposite Ohio State cornerback Nate Clements a few years back.
“That was always a struggle. Especially in November,” Hall said. “Michigan State’s not so bad. Not so bad.”
HALL AGREES: Hall agrees with Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis that all signs point to him being on the field for the first practice of training camp next month, just nine months after surgery to repair a torn right Achilles.
“Being ready for training camp isn’t a concern for me anymore,” he said. “It’s just a matter making sure I’m ready physically and emotionally to not only get through it, but get through the season, which is key. It’s been a problem the last couple of seasons.
Hall is not only talking about making sure the Achilles is strong, but making sure he doesn’t get the nagging injuries. Before he tore his left Achilles on Nov. 13, 2011, Hall hadn’t missed one of his 73 NFL games. Since then he’s missed 16 because of the Achilles injuries, two because of a calf strain in 2012 and two last season with a hamstring strain.
“One thing I don’t want to do is regret anything,” Hall said, “and feel like if (he did get hurt) I didn’t do that extra day or the day I took off, I would have been OK. I just want to make sure I cover all my bases, make sure my ankle is strong, obviously my Achilles, up to my knees and hamstrings and go from there.”
HOPKINS GETS A SHOT: Trey Hopkins (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/trey-hopkins/25a125d1-7249-40d0-8e54-5216fc7632b9/) of Texas, one of the four or so undrafted rookies that have a shot at making the roster, took his turn at starting left guard with the No.1 s Thursday and continued to flash a nice brand of athleticism. With Clint Boling (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/clint-boling/f7ed97f5-f482-4f8d-b799-6e57357a7b43/) rehabbing an ACL, Tanner Hawkinson (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/tanner-hawkinson/727ad0aa-670c-4c73-aa82-fd30b01fe755/) and Andrew Whitworth (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/andrew-whitworth/3a81696e-e6b3-4abd-8dd0-85e8748fa086/) have worked in there at left guard at times and the 6-3, 307-pound Hopkins, believed to have signed the Bengals’ biggest rookie free-agent deal, got his shot next to Whitworth.
“He’s a heck of an athlete. Long arms, strong,” Alexander said. “He just needs lots of footwork technique, but he’s got a lot of talent.”
A MORE VERSATILE SVITEK: The Bengals signed up 10-year veteran Will Svitek (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/will-svitek/7ab1cd76-da5a-4a88-828e-6b16026e0985/) for tackle depth on Wednesday, but thanks to his one season with the Patriots last year they’re getting a more versatile guy than played in Kansas City and Atlanta the first eight seasons of his career.
“Year Nine I never played guard my whole career, then I ended up starting the first three games of preseason at right guard,” said the 6-6, 310-pound Svitek said after his second practice Thursday. “The Patriots are really big on versatility and that really helped me in terms of learning every position and it helped me with my football IQ.”
Profootballfocus.com had him for just 238 snaps, but he says he played all four spots but center, as well as making two starts at right tackle in an economical use of plays. He’s got 18 NFL starts at tackle to go along withMarshall Newhouse (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/marshall-newhouse/683be59c-ea9a-4501-a01f-80c1414591fe/)’s 31 starts at tackle backing up Whitworth and right tackle Andre Smith (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/andre-smith/5796e85d-6992-4b91-9630-fde615747967/), experience that Alexander loves.
“We needed veteran depth at tackle and he really helps us,” Alexander said.
“My whole career I’ve tried to find the role that is valuable and versatile to help the team,” Svitek said. “You never know what your role will be. It’s always changing.”
As if on cue, Svitek approached Alexander about watching film with him on Friday after he works out.
Done.
SLANTS AND SCREENS: Burfict didn’t work Thursday with a few bumps but looked fine and it looks like he’ll go Monday when the Bengals start their final week of voluntary practices. Vinny Rey took his spot at WILL backer...
After the Bengals gather Wednesday, they head to the four corners before they report back for training camp July 23…
Lewis said earlier in the week the Bengals are working on a joint practice like they did in Atlanta before playing the Falcons in a preseason game and it looks like they’re trying to firm up something with the Jets the week before they play them on Aug. 16 at Paul Brown Stadium. Like Falcons head coach Mike Smith, Jets head coach Rex Ryan worked Lewis’ defensive staff in Baltimore…
Rookie quarterback AJ McCarron (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/aj-mccarron/07bcb29c-9b5e-429d-b249-67c0c2cc63f7/) took the second-team snaps instead of a resting Jason Campbell (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/jason-campbell/4fe9cf6a-2619-4545-aaff-26bb862f739f/). McCarron showed good pocket presence, but he’s still building up his throwing shoulder. He got intercepted by safetyShawn Williams (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/shawn-williams/b54424d2-1eec-4cea-b649-9973a8a8347d/) when he underthrew a sideline route to rookie wide receiver James Wright (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/james-wright/b4fb8263-4fd2-4907-980d-667253c2bccb/)…

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Dennard-signs-Leon-eyes-long-haul-Hopkins-runs-with-1s-Versatile-Svitek/94af36ec-a306-4331-8b79-0ac6c2796062

mongo
06-13-2014, 09:29 AM
I used to get super excited about all the new guys every season. They were going to make my team better, or replace some of the total dick's who were stacked throughout the roster.

Now, it' such a mixed feeling for me. I still dig the young guys, and hope the best for them... But there are few holes in the lineup or bad apples these days. I seriously like this team from top to bottom.

They say that kind of stuff is a good problem to have, but it's got to be rough for the coaches.

Bengals1181
06-13-2014, 09:44 AM
I used to get super excited about all the new guys every season. They were going to make my team better, or replace some of the total dick's who were stacked throughout the roster.

Now, it' such a mixed feeling for me. I still dig the young guys, and hope the best for them... But there are few holes in the lineup or bad apples these days. I seriously like this team from top to bottom.

They say that kind of stuff is a good problem to have, but it's got to be rough for the coaches.

I think that's why I was less interested in draft prep this year. There just wasn't many holes to try and find a fit for.

Bengals1181
06-13-2014, 09:47 AM
Thursday Photos (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/photo-gallery/Bengals-Mini-Camp-6122014/9e4484bd-ac47-4d32-bb3d-e4f18a286d88)

Bengals1181
06-13-2014, 11:00 AM
3 observations from 3 days at camp

Three days of mini-camp are in the books. Now just one more practice Monday until the team disappears for a month, recharges and returns for the grind of training camp in late July.
These three days left coaches with a few morsels to digest as they contemplate the outline of camp. As for what I saw during six hours spent watching practice, here were the three observations that popped out the most.
1) Not enough people are talking about Giovani Bernard. They should be.
Because every kid loves a new toy it would be easy to forget how great last year's toy was to play with. That's partially the case in the consciousness of Bengals fans excited thinking about Jeremy Hill and possibilities of an emphasized power running game. All the while, Bernard looks like the breakout star all expect him to be. There were a bit of kid gloves on Bernard last season, especially early in the year. That won't be the case this year.
He's excelling catching the ball from different spots on the field, explosive as ever, become a leader in the room and essentially a foundation of the Bengals weapons. There is everything to love about what Bernard will bring next season and how he's developing entering his second year.
"He's been fantastic," Hue Jackson said. "He had a tremendous practice (Tuesday). He's been doing that all offseason. I don't say too much to him right now because I don't have to. He's been doing well. He's taken a leadership role. He likes to play and he likes the ball and I like to give him the ball."
And that's an excuse to post this absurd highlight.
<span style="font-family: Arial">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E0-p5VT3Kk

2. The back of the wide receiver pack will be fun to watch.
The top tier of receivers are set: A.J. Green, Marvin Jones, Mohamed Sanu, Dane Sanzenbacher. From there, life gets interesting and quite exciting coming off these three days of training camp.
A standard magic number for wide receivers would be six. The Bengals have kept seven before, but especially considering the likelihood of carrying three QBs for the first time since the rule change allowing an inactive third QB, seven WRs would be unlikely. There's no shortage of quality candidates. Cobi Hamilton enjoyed one of the more impressive runs of practices. He's 6-2, 205 pounds and beat DBs deep, in traffic, on short routes. He showed an ability to do it all. A catch snapping back across his body over defenders in the back of the end zone at Thursday's session would have made a number of highlight reels.
Then there's James Wright of LSU. The seventh-round pick with special teams upside who was buried on the depth chart at LSU behind two top draft picks last year enjoyed shining moments. A triple move 20-yard out to the pylon in one-on-one still probably has Chris Lewis-Harris spinning. He blew by seventh-round pick Lavelle Westbrooks for a deep ball early in the week. If he can prove his worth as a receiver against the top DBs combined with his ability to contribute right away on teams, he has an argument to make the 53-man roster.
Then there is fan favorite Brandon Tate along with reliable Ryan Whalen. Tate's job appears in jeopardy more than ever before entering camp. With Darqueze Dennard in the fold it leaves depth at corner to free up Adam Jones more in the punt return game. Only twice last year did Tate even crack double-digit snaps on offense and assuming the Bengals find a kick returner (Danieal Manning spent some time there during practice) it could clear a path for Hamilton and/or Wright.
3. Nobody practices harder than Vontaze Burfict.
Even at mundane mini-camp practices almost two months from the kickoff of the regular season Vontaze Burfict practices like it's a playoff game. He taunts Andy Dalton. He taunts Hue Jackson. He would probably have taunted Gov. Kasich had he attempted to run up the middle.
He will dive after an interception and pump up his defense in nearly every drill. Then he's coaching up Dennard or rookie linebacker Marquis Flowers immediately after a play.
Part of what makes Burfict great are his unique football instincts, but his competitiveness and intensity -- even in June -- push him to the Pro Bowl level.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/blogs/2014/06/13/walkthrough-3-observations-from-3-days-at-camp/10413943/

membengal
06-13-2014, 11:30 AM
Oh, hey, Ray Lewis was that guy in baltimore. You go on with your bad self 'Tez.

Bengals1181
06-13-2014, 11:30 AM
Oh, hey, Ray Lewis was that guy in baltimore. You go on with your bad self 'Tez.

weird, I feel like I read you say that like 3 seconds ago. :p

membengal
06-13-2014, 11:40 AM
This is my new home, but dual participating as per your suggestion.

Also, 'Tez is awesome and that must be said everywhere.

Bengals1181
06-13-2014, 11:42 AM
This is my new home, but dual participating as per your suggestion.

Also, 'Tez is awesome and that must be said everywhere.

haha just messing with you. Obviously I was over there to see it. :)

akilimvp
06-13-2014, 11:51 AM
I'm irrationally excited about Hue as our offensive coordinator. I expect big things.

Bengals1181
06-13-2014, 11:57 AM
I'm irrationally excited about Hue as our offensive coordinator. I expect big things.

me too. I really hope we all aren't overhyping it, but I think its going to be an incredibly huge move.

mongo
06-13-2014, 11:10 PM
I think he's a smart dude, a terrific motivator, and has seen it all. I'm ready for him to do great things.

Bengals1181
06-14-2014, 10:48 AM
http://prod.static.bengals.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/video-thumbnails/new-video-thumbnails/140611-1on1-BodineTHUMB--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/1-on-1-Russell-Bodine/234fa277-981b-4e79-bf56-ffaabe1c3edd)
1 on 1: Russell Bodine (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/1-on-1-Russell-Bodine/234fa277-981b-4e79-bf56-ffaabe1c3edd)

http://prod.static.bengals.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/video-thumbnails/new-video-thumbnails/140611-1on1-ZeitlerTHUMB--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/1-on-1-Kevin-Zeitler/be254e4e-5777-4ea4-b61f-2ad1a8738580)
1 on 1: Kevin Zeitler (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/1-on-1-Kevin-Zeitler/be254e4e-5777-4ea4-b61f-2ad1a8738580)

http://prod.static.bengals.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/video-thumbnails/new-video-thumbnails/140611-group-DennardTHUMB--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Dennard-views-defense-as-a-Lamborghini/b70d65dc-a43b-462c-8948-a74fa2b70211)
Dennard views defense "as a Lamborghini" (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Dennard-views-defense-as-a-Lamborghini/b70d65dc-a43b-462c-8948-a74fa2b70211)

Bengals1181
06-14-2014, 08:25 PM
http://prod.static.bengals.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/video-thumbnails/new-video-thumbnails/140611-1on1-ZeitlerTHUMB--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/1-on-1-Kevin-Zeitler/be254e4e-5777-4ea4-b61f-2ad1a8738580)
1 on 1: Kevin Zeitler (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/1-on-1-Kevin-Zeitler/be254e4e-5777-4ea4-b61f-2ad1a8738580)

it's been discussed before, but Zeitler says he played injured (foot) the entire second half of last season.

Also says he's changed up his diet and he's under 14% body fat, around 305lbs.

Oldcat
06-14-2014, 10:13 PM
He sure seemed to have something wrong at times last year compared to year 1

mongo
06-14-2014, 11:30 PM
Here's hoping it was this injury. I was totally impressed with him his rookie year, and last year just seemed flat. I want our line to hit some dudes, and I want him in on the action.

Bengals1181
06-16-2014, 12:17 PM
Geoff Hobson ‏@GeoffHobsonCin (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin) 3m (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/478555957040250880)
Andre Smith sitting out so should see plenty of Newhouse, Svitek at RT

whodeyjc
06-16-2014, 12:19 PM
Muscle Pharm Assault. You are one sick man, Kevin.

Bengals1181
06-16-2014, 12:28 PM
Geoff Hobson ‏@GeoffHobsonCin (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin) 1m (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/478559519576817665)
@johnthornton (https://twitter.com/JohnThornton) stopped by practice. The man who helped change the Bengals locker room culture back in 03. pic.twitter.com/BUVTbrOGLw (http://t.co/BUVTbrOGLw)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqQvWOyCIAAPFlp.jpg
(https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/478559519576817665/photo/1)

Bengals1181
06-16-2014, 02:01 PM
Coley Harvey ‏@ColeyHarvey (https://twitter.com/ColeyHarvey) 18m (https://twitter.com/ColeyHarvey/status/478578576724209666)
#Bengals (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash) finishing up their last open OTA right now. DE Margus Hunt, CB Darqueze Dennard (in slot) got notable first-team action today

Bengals1181
06-16-2014, 02:06 PM
Here's just a few of the first-team o-line combinations that have been used in OTAs:
LT: Whitworth, LG: Hawkinson, C: Bodine, RG: Zeitler, RT: Smith
LT: Newhouse, LG: Whitworth, C: Bodine, RG: Zeitler, RT: Smith
LT: Whitworth, LG: Hopkins, C: Bodine, RG: Zeitler, RT: Newhouse
LT: Newhouse, LG: Hawkinson, C: Bodine, RG: Zeitler, RT: Smith

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/16/5812606/bengals-offensive-line-variety-of-looks-in-otas

Bengals1181
06-16-2014, 02:07 PM
Geoff Hobson ‏@GeoffHobsonCin (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin) 23m (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/478578846506024960)
A seething Lewis ends practice with sprints and a rant

Bengals1181
06-16-2014, 02:08 PM
Geoff Hobson ‏@GeoffHobsonCin (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin) 22m (https://twitter.com/GeoffHobsonCin/status/478579178334195712)
From the looks of it, not pleased with execution of the practice

Bengals1181
06-16-2014, 02:08 PM
Coley Harvey ‏@ColeyHarvey (https://twitter.com/ColeyHarvey) 20m (https://twitter.com/ColeyHarvey/status/478579488884658176)
Judging from tone in his post-practice chat w team, doesn't sound like Marvin too happy w today's overall effort. You'll have days like that

Bengals1181
06-16-2014, 02:46 PM
Paul Dehner Jr. ‏@pauldehnerjr (https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr) 2m (https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/478593643218235392)
Marvin Lewis on ranting, making team run at end of practice: "We needed a little bit of a reminder of what it’s going to be like."

mongo
06-16-2014, 03:05 PM
JT still looks stacked.

Bengals1181
06-16-2014, 03:11 PM
JT still looks stacked.

I know he lost a lot of weight, but was just thinking he could be a TE (body wise) these days.

Zins30
06-16-2014, 03:43 PM
Here's just a few of the first-team o-line combinations that have been used in OTAs: LT: Whitworth, LG: Hawkinson, C: Bodine, RG: Zeitler, RT: Smith LT: Newhouse, LG: Whitworth, C: Bodine, RG: Zeitler, RT: Smith LT: Whitworth, LG: Hopkins, C: Bodine, RG: Zeitler, RT: Newhouse LT: Newhouse, LG: Hawkinson, C: Bodine, RG: Zeitler, RT: Smith http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/16/5812606/bengals-offensive-line-variety-of-looks-in-otas

So what you're saying is Zeitler is at RG for sure?

Bengals1181
06-16-2014, 03:45 PM
So what you're saying is Zeitler is at RG for sure?

lol.

mongo
06-16-2014, 04:50 PM
I know he lost a lot of weight, but was just thinking he could be a TE (body wise) these days.

His boy plays hockey where my nephew does, and my chats with him from time to time. Said he hated the weight he had to carry for football, so it's no shock he dumped the fat as fast as he could.

Bengals1181
06-16-2014, 05:12 PM
His boy plays hockey where my nephew does, and my chats with him from time to time. Said he hated the weight he had to carry for football, so it's no shock he dumped the fat as fast as he could.

yea I think he's down like 60lbs from his playing weight.

dex
06-16-2014, 05:23 PM
Here's just a few of the first-team o-line combinations that have been used in OTAs:
LT: Whitworth, LG: Hawkinson, C: Bodine, RG: Zeitler, RT: Smith
LT: Newhouse, LG: Whitworth, C: Bodine, RG: Zeitler, RT: Smith
LT: Whitworth, LG: Hopkins, C: Bodine, RG: Zeitler, RT: Newhouse
LT: Newhouse, LG: Hawkinson, C: Bodine, RG: Zeitler, RT: Smith

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/16/5812606/bengals-offensive-line-variety-of-looks-in-otas

These OTAs combinations could tell us so much more if Pollak was available since he surely will start somewhere. We just don't know where yet.

Bengals1181
06-16-2014, 05:25 PM
These OTAs combinations could tell us so much more if Pollak was available since he surely will start somewhere. We just don't know where yet.

yea Pollak is definitely starting somewhere. 1) because they like him a lot and 2) he's making starter's money, so they obviously have plans for him.

In the meantime though, its great that a lot of guys are getting work at different positions.

dex
06-16-2014, 05:52 PM
yea Pollak is definitely starting somewhere. 1) because they like him a lot and 2) he's making starter's money, so they obviously have plans for him.

In the meantime though, its great that a lot of guys are getting work at different positions.

Yeah, I agree. I see far fewer roster spot than most posters do, but Robinson vs. Hopkins is definitely one for me. Robinson gives you more guard-center versatility, but Pollak already gives you that. Maybe Bodine would also, but it definitely looks like the coaches see him as a pure center. I just wonder if Pollak ends up as the starting center, if that might help Robinson earn a 53 man roster spot and have him active on Sundays as a backup to both Pollak and Boling? Would Bodine be active on Sundays if he is only a pure center and a backup one?

Bengals1181
06-16-2014, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I agree. I see far fewer roster spot than most posters do, but Robinson vs. Hopkins is definitely one for me. Robinson gives you more guard-center versatility, but Pollak already gives you that. Maybe Bodine would also, but it definitely looks like the coaches see him as a pure center. I just wonder if Pollak ends up as the starting center, if that might help Robinson earn a 53 man roster spot and have him active on Sundays as a backup to both Pollak and Boling? Would Bodine be active on Sundays if he is only a pure center and a backup one?

that would be a good thread to start. "roster battles"/"which spots are up for grabs."

Do it up dex.

Bengals1181
06-16-2014, 06:49 PM
http://prod.static.bengals.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/video-thumbnails/new-video-thumbnails/140616-Media-Group-Peko_THUMB--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Peko-Finish-Strong/bc77406b-5326-4f84-8fde-404aad03d74d)
Peko: "Finish Strong" (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Peko-Finish-Strong/bc77406b-5326-4f84-8fde-404aad03d74d)

Bengals1181
06-16-2014, 07:50 PM
http://prod.static.bengals.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/video-thumbnails/new-video-thumbnails/140616-OTA-Post-Catching_THUMB--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Post-OTA-Catching/98c075d5-0a92-4124-add7-b9e9ae93af8a)
Post-OTA Catching (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Post-OTA-Catching/98c075d5-0a92-4124-add7-b9e9ae93af8a)

http://prod.static.bengals.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/video-thumbnails/new-video-thumbnails/140616-Media-Group-Lewis-OTAs_THUMB--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Coach-Lewis-Keep-moving-upward/0230ac65-fdba-4e17-b342-a5b96428dd64)
Coach Lewis: "Keep moving upward" (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Coach-Lewis-Keep-moving-upward/0230ac65-fdba-4e17-b342-a5b96428dd64)

http://prod.static.bengals.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/video-thumbnails/new-video-thumbnails/140616-Media-Group-Lewis_Noll_THUMB--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Lewis-Remembering-Coach-Noll/696abb8d-38cc-4016-a4d2-2df0499c671f)
Lewis: Remembering Coach Noll (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Lewis-Remembering-Coach-Noll/696abb8d-38cc-4016-a4d2-2df0499c671f)

Bengals1181
06-17-2014, 09:51 AM
photos

Bengals OTAs 6/16/2014 (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/photo-gallery/Bengals-OTAs-6162014/aa0e92a7-a5eb-4b4d-bbef-8ac8fa8157f0)

mongo
06-17-2014, 10:06 AM
http://prod.static.bengals.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/video-thumbnails/new-video-thumbnails/140616-Media-Group-Peko_THUMB--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Peko-Finish-Strong/bc77406b-5326-4f84-8fde-404aad03d74d)
Peko: "Finish Strong" (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Peko-Finish-Strong/bc77406b-5326-4f84-8fde-404aad03d74d)

Ha! Peko with and Ivory Coast jersey.

Arkansas Bengal
06-17-2014, 01:02 PM
Messages and motivation as spring clears

Posted 21 hours ago
http://prod.static.bengals.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/images/hobson60x60.jpg Geoff Hobson Editor Bengals.com

The Bengals are in their last week of spring practice and on Monday head coach Marvin Lewis didn’t like how it was going.

Like second-round pick Jeremy Hill (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/jeremy-hill/a8435a7b-a76b-42a6-98c6-a2a3fd8e62e0/), first-round pick Darqueze Dennard (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/darqueze-dennard/892e7752-8bcb-4be8-91ec-ae860dbbfceb/) has been as advertised.

After Monday’s practice, Bengals left tackle Andrew Whitworth (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/andrew-whitworth/3a81696e-e6b3-4abd-8dd0-85e8748fa086/) observed that he’s now been through nine years of these spring practices and they’re just like all the rest.
“I don’t think you can know anything right now,” he said.
Well, there is one thing.
“You know how we work and we work hard and in the years we’ve been good, this is the way we’ve worked,” Whitworth said. “The real key is does this last? Does this sustain? The teams that sustained that kind of effort in training camp and during the season have been good. The teams that haven’t been able to sustain it haven’t been good.”

Which is maybe why head coach Marvin Lewis sent his message at the end of Monday’s workout. With a couple of plays left in the day, he blew his stack after a practice marked by sloppy execution and an approach not always conducive to work without pads.

“We needed a little bit of a reminder of what it’s going to be like and what’s important,’ Lewis said as players and coaches exited the Paul Brown Stadium field. “We can’t be complacent, we can’t be average, we have to make sure we keep working. We keep doing the little things correct and moving forward with them. We can’t go sideways at any point.

“I just had to do something different. We are not going anywhere. We got a couple more days left. I expect things to run smoothly over the next couple of days and we are going to remind them of that. We are not going to hit a peak last week and start going downward, we want to keep going upward. “

Whitworth, one of the de facto captains, said Lewis was also concerned about players getting hurt.
“Just making sure everything is clean and pure and all that,” Whitworth said. “Trying to keep guys off the ground, hold each other up. This time of year guys start to get competitive, you’re ready to put pads on. That time will come. That’s his thing. Be patient. What we’re asking people to do, be good at it.”

Lewis usually schedules an off-field event for one of the nine OTA days, so Tuesday may be the last work until they break the spring camps and don’t return until the last week in July for training camp. All the more reason to hammer home his point one more time.

“That’s a good time to re-charge and get ready for the season. Because then they are getting ready to go seven days a week from start until finish,” Lewis said. “Players have to continue on their regimen. We’ve got a lot of data and information we’ve gained from them over this period of time and want to continue and use it wisely as we wind into training camp.”

Despite his reaction to Monday’s practice. Lewis has to like what he sees, even though it’s not much without pads.
New offensive coordinator Hue Jackson has implemented his up-tempo style with vigor and his players are saying all the right things. Teammates and coaches are saying this is the best quarterback Andy Dalton (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/andy-dalton/9378c4ed-938c-434c-929d-4d45fe252101/) has ever thrown here and new defensive coordinator Paul Guenther is getting plenty of impressive play out of two basically new figures in the nickel package in first-round pick Darqueze Dennard at slot cornerback and linebacker Emmanuel Lamur (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/emmanuel-lamur/b4e6df20-145b-4c3c-b39d-f861da4a807b/).

The one thing people around the team have been talking about is how big, fast and competitive this roster is. It has been on display every day on defense where veterans like the 6-4, 240-pound Lamur and rookies like sixth-round pick Marquis Flowers (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/marquis-flowers/dc5cfb04-2c0d-4dc0-b957-e27c99acf7a6/), a 6-3, 235-pounder (out Monday with what looked to be a muscle pull) have been flying around. And when veteran free-agent pickup Danieal Manning (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/danieal-manning/1cc00203-6b6c-4d51-98ad-ccdc45909415/) was able to come back from his rehab from last year’s broken leg to join the No. 2 defense, it gave a preview of how tough Lewis’ final cut is going to be.

“They’re rounding into the vision we have for them,” Lew is said of his defense. “The guys have been here – a lot of them – and I think Darqueze has fit in well. I think Flowers is going to do a great job. We’ve got some guys we’ve brought in here as young guys who are really going to help us. Danieal Manning is getting some good snaps now. We’ve got some guys that are going to help us that way.”

As Whitworth says, sometimes it’s been tough to tell exactly what’s going on out there.
“We’ve got a top ten offense and top three defense,” Whitworth said. “It’s hard to say what what’s. We’ve got two good groups with a lot of talent.”

Take this play from Monday’s practice:
Cornerback Adam Jones (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/adam-jones/70893f56-2c88-4a74-93ec-15f2886cca42/), just sitting all over wide receiver Mohamed Sanu (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/mohamed-sanu/2ec826da-ce44-498c-8d77-174bbd664114/) on a short out, breaks seamlessly on Dalton’s pass, jumps in front of Sanu, and bats it in the air, where safety George Iloka (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/george-iloka/5c3a8b35-39c1-4e2c-86e5-0e523ff89dc5/) collects the interception.
The offense will probably tell you the defense knew it was coming. The defense will probably tell you that’s what you get when you’ve got a sly veteran corner in Jones.

“It’s gone well. We’ve been pleased by what we’ve gotten done and basically trying our whole goal this offseason is to get to the first game in September with everybody healthy and full speed,” Lewis said. “So far so good.”
With all of Bengaldom looking to knock on wood at that point, they have to feel fortunate the top two draft picks have worked out so well. Dennard walked right in and looked at home in the rehabbing Leon Hall (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/leon-hall/0f379744-8ae4-4952-8f53-75c2f38f43ec/)’s spot in the first-team slot and LSU running back Jeremy Hall showed why they’ve got him running second team ahead of incumbent BenJarvus Green-Ellis (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/benjarvus-green-ellis/d809b273-f3c9-414d-b9b0-3fd185b8e017/).

“I feel like I earned some trust of my teammates,” Dennard said Monday of his spring. “They’re starting to open up to me. I’m doing anything to help the team out….It’s just communicating. They’re starting to trust things that I say. Things like making checks and things like that. They’re starting to listen to me a little bit and things like that. That’s one way they’ve kind of opened their trust to me.”

Dennard could take his rookie contract that he signed last week and head back home to Georgia after next week’s rookie symposium. Instead, he’s going to spend the month before camp continuing to work out at his training spot at XPE Sports in Boca Raton, Fla., where former NFL cornerback Samari Rolle works with the defensive backs and Hall-of-Famer Cris Carter works with the wide receivers. This is exactly the kind of serious student they thought they were drafting at No. 24.

“I need to focus up and really get my body right,” Dennard said. “And basically just getting everything feeling well and not having any distractions so I can put all my focus on football.”

The 6-1, 233-pound Hill can’t show his true value as the big back complement to starter Giovani Bernard (http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/giovani-bernard/69ef7ebd-86c9-4f7f-831a-dda8c8bf1737/) without pads, but he admits he came on the last few weeks after a slow start. When some thought it looked like Hill might be out of shape, Jackson disagreed.

“I think people see that he’s not as quick as Gio. He’s not as fast as some other guys. So I think some people look at that and maybe he’s not this or that,” Jackson said. “I think he’s in shape. He has to play the way I want him to play. I think he’s finding that out, how you have to go about it. This is not college football anymore. But he’s everything I thought he is. He’s going to be a good player.”

Hill, who sounds like a 10-year veteran even though he doesn’t turn 22 until near the halfway point of his rookie season, took a while to get into the flow.

“It’s just finding that rhythm, finding that pace. We’re doing a lot of tempo,” Hill said. “You just have to get the speed of the game and finish plays. You definitely have to go all out every play. I think the biggest thing for me was just finding out how long practice is. When you can kind of hit it and hit it hard and not leave anything out there.
“Right now I’m at the point where I’m going hard on every single play and finishing every play strong because I know my body can do it. But those first couple of weeks out there, you kind of didn’t know, so you were kind of picking your spots. But now I’m just going full speed and leaving it all out there.”

Take this play from Monday:
Hill takes a handoff up the middle and goes down in one of those slow, grumbling piles that no doubt set off Lewis. But Hill bounces to his feet and races the requisite 30 or 40 yards down field that Jackson demands after a play.
“I probably would have turned around and got mad,” Hill said of two weeks ago. “It’s just finishing the plays, not getting worried about the little things.”
Right now for Lewis, getting them into pads healthy makes everything else a little thing.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Messages-and-motivation-as-spring-clears/362ee388-f8d2-4623-b7ab-beabbab43fc2

Bengals1181
06-18-2014, 08:58 AM
photos

Bengals OTAs 6/17/2014 (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/photo-gallery/Bengals-OTAs-6172014/5a9c925d-b576-4c20-b0b7-9ba759034d8e)

Bengals1181
06-18-2014, 08:58 AM
http://prod.static.bengals.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/video-thumbnails/new-video-thumbnails/140616-OTAs-Post_Practice_THUMB--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/OTA-Highlights-61714/52909d8c-5567-4257-b91a-23095d2f969a)
OTA Highlights 6/17/14 (http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/OTA-Highlights-61714/52909d8c-5567-4257-b91a-23095d2f969a)

Bengals1181
06-18-2014, 12:43 PM
Enquirer Sports ‏@ENQSports (https://twitter.com/ENQSports) 2m (https://twitter.com/ENQSports/status/479287707425071104)
VIDEO: @brclark7 (https://twitter.com/brclark7) of @cinesport (https://twitter.com/CineSport) talks to @pauldehnerjr (https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr) about #Bengals (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash) wrapping up minicamp http://cin.ci/1iGNPzf (http://t.co/ClxC8zitAp) pic.twitter.com/iIb5MFG5kQ (http://t.co/iIb5MFG5kQ)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqbFoSVCIAAm6j2.jpg (https://twitter.com/ENQSports/status/479287707425071104/photo/1)

Bengals1181
06-21-2014, 12:32 PM
The Bengals (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/cincinnati-bengals) have wrapped up Organized Team Activities, and now we sit and wait until training camp opens in late July. There were several notable developments to come out of OTAs.
Here's a recap of them.

Jermaine Gresham had hernia surgery (http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/10/5798426/jermaine-gresham-reportedly-had-hernia-surgery). Making it worse was that Bengals coaches weren't pleased with him in 2013 (http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/18/5819618/bengals-werent-pleased-with-jermaine-gresham-in-2013-more-tyler#comments).
Andy Dalton has looked noticeably better (http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/5/22/5741838/andy-dalton-impressing-teammates-at-bengals-workouts) this offseason. Still, the Bengals want to take some of the offensive load off him (http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/17/5818908/bengals-load-off-andy-dalton) in 2014.
Contract talks between Dalton and the Bengals are progressing (http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/11/5800504/andy-dalton-bengals-closer-new-deal), and he may be willing to settle for a deal similar to that of Colin Kaepernick's (http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/10/5797968/hue-jackson-andy-dalton-colin-kaepernick).
Hue Jackson wants Dalton to be great (http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/5/23/5746600/hue-jackson-putting-pressure-on-andy-dalton-and-a-j-green-to-be-great), but he wants AJ Green to be the greatest of all-time (http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/5/24/5746654/hue-jackson-wants-a-j-green-to-be-one-of-the-greatest-receivers-ever).
It's hard to look noticeably bad in OTAs, but Dre Kirkpatrick (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/152665/dre-kirkpatrick) managed to do so covering Brandon Tate (http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/17/5811056/dre-kirkpatrick-strugglingadjust-role). Is it time for him to consider playing safety some (http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/20/5812506/time-bengals-dre-kirkpatrick-safety)?
Darqueze Dennard (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/245418/darqueze-dennard) may be a rookie, but he's drawn as much praise during OTAs as any other Bengal (http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/5/5782256/darqueze-dennard-continues-to-impress-bengals) not named Dalton.
Victor Hampton (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/245535/victor-hampton) has had a very troubled life, but he's also a very talented football player. The Bengals have been successful with these kinds of players, so it's no surprise they signed Hampton (http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/10/5798008/victor-hampton-signs-with-cincinnati-bengals).
The Benglas are getting upgrades done to Paul Brown Stadium (http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/4/17/5625582/cincinnati-bengals-getting-upgrades-to-paul-brown-stadium), and construction has already begun (http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/20/5828344/paul-brown-stadium-upgrades-have-started).
The offensive line is in a bit of flux, and there's been a variety of combinations during OTAs (http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/16/5812606/bengals-offensive-line-variety-of-looks-in-otas) as they try to figure out who the best five are.
Jeremy Hill and Giovani Bernard are the top two backs (http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/4/5779302/jeremy-hill-getting-first-team-work-alongside-giovani-bernard), and BenJarvus Green-Ellis could be on the outside looking in (http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/17/5818194/age-could-cost-benjarvus-green-ellis-his-spot-with-bengals).
Anthony is looking at potential breakout players in 2014 (http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/13/5807526/top-ten-potential-bengals-breakout-players-of-2014). All of these players do need to step up in 2014 for the Bengals to take the next step and win in the postseason.
What were you biggest takeaways from OTAs?

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/21/5826324/poll-biggest-takeaway-from-bengals-otas (http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/21/5826324/poll-biggest-takeaway-from-bengals-otas)

Bengals1181
06-25-2014, 12:03 PM
Cincy Jungle ‏@CincyJungle (https://twitter.com/CincyJungle) 1m (https://twitter.com/CincyJungle/status/481814425695838208)
Cincinnati Bengals Minicamp Photo Gallery http://sbn.to/1iw0xGH (http://t.co/ZRH8zdVcWM)