PDA

View Full Version : What would you change?

Bengals1181
06-30-2014, 07:52 AM
Hat tip to, gulp, Chick Ludwig...

Chick Ludwig ‏@ChickLudwig 1h
@JamesRapien Today's topics on the MMQB: Will Rey Maualuga be a cap casualty? Pick ONE PLAY from 2013 season the Bengals could do over.

membengal
06-30-2014, 08:30 AM
Hmmm, because it was a bad play call or because there was a bad outcome?

For me, Gio's fumble at the end of the first half in the playoff game was just immense. He doesn't fumble there, and I honestly think the Bengals win that game. That's the one I would change.

Bengals1181
06-30-2014, 08:30 AM
for me, it would be the pick-six in Miami. While it was early in the game, I don't think Miami wins that game without it. And of course, the Bengals were about to score as well.

So you figure it was at least a 10 point swing in an overtime loss.

Bengals1181
06-30-2014, 08:31 AM
Hmmm, because it was a bad play call or because there was a bad outcome?

For me, Gio's fumble at the end of the first half in the playoff game was just immense. He doesn't fumble there, and I honestly think the Bengals win that game. That's the one I would change.

ooh I wasn't even thinking playoffs.

Definitely Gio's fumble, or Dalton's in the playoff game.

membengal
06-30-2014, 08:49 AM
For regular season, I think your nomination of that swing in Miami is a good one. That was a frustrating game to let slip away.

coup000
06-30-2014, 09:29 AM
The play where Geno got hurt. The defense still played well, but not being able to stop the run or pressure Rivers in the playoff game killed us.

Bengals1181
06-30-2014, 09:33 AM
The play where Geno got hurt. The defense still played well, but not being able to stop the run or pressure Rivers in the playoff game killed us.

another great choice.

I fear with Atkins though that his injury may have just been a matter of time. We learned in the week leading up to that game that he had been playing on an injured knee up until that point, and low and behold he tears his ACL that week.

He's got incredibly strong legs, but I wonder how much toll is put on them with the kind of leverage he plays with.

Bengals1181
06-30-2014, 09:37 AM
here was when we first found out Geno was dealing with knee issues, 3 days before he ended up tearing his ACL.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly (https://twitter.com/OmarKelly)10m (https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/395243940170833920)
"Its really more mental than physical...You are more favoring (the other knee). It took me four weeks,"Atkins on playing through knee issues

texbengal
06-30-2014, 10:39 AM
Playoff game, it was Gio's fumble for sure - total momentum swing. Also Dalton's int to Ingram in the 2nd half. You could also point to AJs drop... That could have swung momentum in the game, as there was time left and the game wasn't out of reach.

Regular season, you could point to several in that Miami game... Those mentioned already and also the Sanu one where he should've made the play, deep in Miami territory. And of course, the safety that ended it was memorable in a bad way.

Also the Huber broken jaw play, just for the memory of how hard he was hit, and I felt it was a bit of a cheap shot.

texbengal
06-30-2014, 10:42 AM
I suspect that was very early in the year... In the first several games, Geno didn't play like we were used to seeing. I remember in the Chicago game, Howie Long's kid - who turned out to be a very good player - was making him disappear, amd I was thinking that it'd be a good battle, but Geno would make his share of plays, and he didn't do anything.

cnbengal
06-30-2014, 10:56 AM
Gio's fumble in the playoffs, it totally changed the flow of the game

Bengals1181
06-30-2014, 12:06 PM
I suspect that was very early in the year... In the first several games, Geno didn't play like we were used to seeing. I remember in the Chicago game, Howie Long's kid - who turned out to be a very good player - was making him disappear, amd I was thinking that it'd be a good battle, but Geno would make his share of plays, and he didn't do anything.

yea he wasn't normal Geno early on. In that Chicago game, Long I thought played well, but they were also doubling Geno a bit and Long also got away with some holding.

In general, Geno got doubled a lot last year. That's why Peko, who used to be the one who got doubled, had a career high in sacks last year.