PDA

View Full Version : PFT reporting Aubrayo Franklin to sign his franchise tender

Wordsworth
08-27-2010, 06:39 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/26/aubrayo-franklin-to-sign-with-49ers/

Great news for the 49ers. Franklin is one of their best players and without him they would have been dangerously thin at DT. Rest easy, Niners fans, cuz the big fella is back.

Pattrick
08-27-2010, 08:47 AM
I read that earlier, it's about time. I think they'll work out a long term deal by the end of the season and lock him up long term. He's no spring chicken but he's still not "Pat Williams old". I don't know how many of you guys follow the Niners but our back up NT, Ricky Jean Francois, has been playing pretty damn well too. I think we have the talent to be a top 3 defense this year. The only real questions I have on the defensive side of the ball are regarding CB's. I REALLY wish Nate Clements would get back into the shape he was while he was with the Bills. I doubt he will but, we're paying him a ton of money for not much in return. Shawntae Spencer is solid, not flashy but solid. After Clements and Spencer, there is a huge talent gap on the depth chart, our 3rd string corner at the moment is 65 year old William James (last I checked it was James) who played in the amazingly talented secondary of the Detroit Lions last year. He's also had 9 interceptions in 9 NFL seasons. Our safety's our solid and we're building for the future. If Taylor Mays plays the way he practices, he'll be in the starting line up real quick. Dashon Goldson is awesome and everyone thinks he'll have an outstanding year (contract year this year). With Goldson and Mays in the backfield, we have arguably the most talented youngster safety's in the league.

I hope that last sentence made sense to you guys because it didn't really make sense to me while I was typing it and I hope I got the point across that they're young and awesome. I've been up all night so please excuse my post if it doesn't make sense. I'm going to try to take a nap after I have a nutrition filled breakfast of Count Chocula cereal with my daughter, who calls it "Count Chokooo". Gotta love how 2 year olds try so hard to communicate.