PDA

View Full Version : Holy poop, the Bills beat the Bears.

ScottDCP
09-07-2014, 11:55 PM
I will lead with the negative:

I was shocked that Chicago got away from spreading them out. They opened the game with freat success that way. Spent most of the rest of it tricking themselves out of success.
Buffalo's receivers made some f rear catches, largely because Manuel forces them to. Nearly got Robert Woods on the concussion lawsuit late.
Hackett did a nice bit of self scouting and decided to include screen passes again. Still doesn't know WHEN to call them. Most got smoked out quick-like.
Not much pass rush for most of the game for the Bills.

Now the positive:
I totally saw that Kyle Williams interception coming. Riiiiight.
Corey Graham, thank you.
Buffalo might find life interesting if they put any two of their talented running backs on the field at the same time.
Buffalo has a very talented team. They are a serious playoff team with better coaching and quarterback play. Still hoping I am wrong about Manuel, but the Content interception, second quarter dive to accept a sack under ultra medium pressure and tendency to put his receivers in harm's way makes me think I am right.

Chris Williams isn't very good but didnt completely melt, which was nice.

ScottDCP
09-08-2014, 12:03 AM
Sorry to do a new comment but I suck at my phone.

Other Buffalo positives:

I love Fred Jackson. And he scored on that last run. Any suggestion by officials to the contrary is simply string theory.
Buffalo has real trouble behind Aaron Williams at Safety. Sorry, this was supposed to be positive but I just remembered that.
OK another Ron positive: Manuel doesnt run the read option very well. He really does not have the instincts for it. Please stop asking him to do that.
OK really positive:
No big injuries for Buffalo.
New punter kid did OK.
Anthony Dixon was really good.
I am not a huge Robert Woods fan, xbut that catch in the fourth quarter, wherein he appeared to jump while in midair and the avoided having has face crushed by an inch and a half was shocking.

When did Chris Collinsworth become his father?

brauneyz
09-08-2014, 02:02 AM
Holy poop is right! Didn't get to see the game, so not really sure how that happened. All I know is that my Pats are last in the division. This feels weird.

But good on ya, Bills fans.

ScottDCP
09-08-2014, 03:03 PM
One more set of positive/negative:

Preston Brown - real good fumble return. Nopt the best thing ever against the pass, to no surprise. Missed a couple tackles. The thing he did that really bugged me is not entirely uncommonn throughout the game, but is a hufge bug up my ass: A guy has just run for eight yards and been stood up by a teammate, you are flying downfield at him and drive him forward asnother two yards. You just made a bad play. Too many guys do that, and I hate it. I hope it is justy youth.

mARCUS Easley was excellent on kick coverage.

Swami
09-08-2014, 05:01 PM
Nice to see that all the calls that went against us didn't kill us. I've been screaming at the tv for years at guys who drive the pile the wrong way "helping" in a gang tackle. But nothing tops the guys who run out of bounds on a punt that isn't fielded and then bend down and grab it while it's wobbling back and forth, getting the penalty for illegal touch. That one blows my mind when it happens!

If EJ keeps progressing, we have to give him until about mid-next year to fairly assess him. But he does need to keep improving. It was a more imaginative offensive game plan, and I'm happy for that.

Would have been disappointed if you hadn't had a punter note! And hi to Miss B.

Andy Freeland
09-08-2014, 07:06 PM
I think all thread titles should start with 'Holy poop'.