PDA

View Full Version : The Bills have found their new team owner: Terry Pegula

Patrick Sullivan
09-09-2014, 11:46 AM
http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2012/09/06/Sabres-owner-Terry-Pegula-has-Buffalo-buzzing-7P27T7EG-x-large.jpg

Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula has reached an agreement to buy the Bills. (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000392032/article/buffalo-sabres-owner-reaches-agreement-to-buy-bills)

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula has reached an agreement to buy the Bills, according to a source informed of the process. The deal should become official on Tuesday.

The Pegulas have garnered great support from public officials and business leaders for their commitment to keep the Bills in Western New York. The 63-year-old billionaire found success as a natural gas and real estate mogul.

"It's historic for Buffalo," the source told Rapoport.

The league finance committee meeting is next week and Pegula could be in place as Bills owner by the Fall League Meeting in early October.

Rapoport reported that Kim Pegula, Terry's wife, will be heavily involved in the executive process and the making many key decisions, according to the source.

The price tag for the franchise is not yet known. The Cleveland Browns sold for approximately $1.05 billion in 2012. The Dolphins sold for a record $1.1 billion in 2009, a deal that included Sun Life Stadium.

The Bills hit the market after Ralph Wilson, the franchise's founding owner, passed away in March. Team president Russ Brandon has been running the team's operations.

Swami
09-09-2014, 03:39 PM
People are truly choked up on the air on WGR550 this afternoon. Hosts and callers. The emotional release of being able to let that deep, dark lingering fear of losing the team actually go is pretty powerful. Good for Buffalo. Good for my fellow Torontonians. Those of us who are Bills fans all wanted the team in Buffalo. This is great news.

Brian Williams
09-09-2014, 05:58 PM
A few years ago, Pegula earmarked money for Penn State to create a hockey program. The new ice arena bears his name.

His name sounded very familiar to me, but I just made that connection.

Good for him, and for the city of Buffalo. By all accounts, he's a class guy, and the good people of Buffalo get to keep their team, so today is a day for celebration.

darvon
09-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Congrats Buffalo.
Sounds like a good guy. Now lets see if he is an Effective Owner.
William Clay Ford was a sweetheart....