PDA

View Full Version : Close loss.

Amy
11-30-2014, 07:25 PM
I don't need to say how big this game is for both teams. Go Pats.

Nantz and Simms with the call. Ed Hochuli has the call.

Pack P1: Start at the 28. Nice return on a short kickoff. We started shaky as Lacy exploded. He had a catch for 12, then three runs for a total of 39. Then after a miss to Adams gave them a 3rd and 2. AR to the endzone, and even though 2 Packers and 2 Pats touched the ball it fell to the turf. Green Bay was bailed out by a holding call on Browner. Two runs, one each for Cobb and Lacy gained 2 total yards, and after a miss to Adams in the endzone, they take the FG. 3-0 Packers.

Pats P1: Start at the 26. 4 and out.

Pack P2: Start at the 17. The drive started good. AR misses Cobb and is then sacked by Ayers. However, the sack is negated by a hands to the face on Brower. It was a correct, but very ticky tack call. After Lacy runs for 1, AR finds Adams for 33. Ayers was held on the play. Adams had another catch for 12, then Lacy ran for 1. AR ran for 7, but it was called back by holding. Not impressed, he ran for 17, and Lacy picked up the first down with a 3 yard run. But, after a 1 yard Lacy run, AR misses twice and they take the FG. 6-0 Packers.

On his long run, ARs left hand was stepped on, accidently, by Jamie Collins.

Pats P2: Start at the 40 after the Packers kick it out of bounds. Three and out.

Pack P3: Start at the 15. They're killing us. After 2 plays for Lacy get 8, AR finds Adams for 45 and Rodgers for 32 and a TD. 13-0 Pack.

Pats P3: Start at the 27. We answer. After Blount gets 3, the TEs strike with catches by Gronk (for 29) and Hooman (for 24). Bolden finishes the drive with 2 runs for 17 and a TD. 13-7 Pack.

Pack P4: Start at the 28. They keep the pressure on. Lacy starts them off with 2 runs for 5 yards. Then they get Cobb on Nink, and that mismatch nets them 33. Three completions (1 for Boykin, 2 for Cobb) get 15. Ayers drops Lacy for a loss of 2 and Revis denies Nelson a catch. Cobb converts the 3rd and 12, giving the Pack a 1st a goal. However, we hold. Lacy gets 2, Revis denies Nelson, and Hightower gets a sack. They get the FG. 16-7 Pack.

Pats P4: Start at the 20. We keep pace, starting out with 6 passes. 1 to Wright for 12, 4 to Edelman, who had two catches for 21, and a 27 yard catch for Vereen. After Blount got 5, we went back to the air with Julian getting 2 more, and Gronk with an effort 10 yard play that got us a first and goal. Cannon gets called for false start. We miss LaFell, Shane runs for 3, they jump offsides, and we finish with a 2 yard TD for LaFell. 16-14 Pack.

Pack P5: Start at the 19. They answer. All passes. A throw away. 28 to Starks, 8 to Nelson, incomplete to Nelson, 45 and a TD to Nelson. 23-14 Pack.

Pats P5: Kneeldown.

Halftime. We need to play defense. If we don't, we lose. That simple.

Pats P6: Start at the 20. Three and out. Edelman hurt. Terrible start.

Pack P6: Start at the 46. We can't even get a good punt. We bend but don't break. They start with three runs (Lacy, Cobb, AR) for 16. After a miss to Cobb, AR finds Cobb for 13. But, then the D rises. Hightower drops Lacy for a loss of 2, Chris Jones follows it up with a 5 yard sack. Cobb gets 12 back, but that gives them 4th and 5, and they miss the FG.

Pats P7: Start at the 30. 5 plays and a punt.

Pack P7: Start at the 23. We hold. They start with a 14 yard run by Lacy. AR finds Rodgers for 3, and Lacy gets stuffed. On 3rd and 7, AR finds Adams for 12, after a blantant, non called, OPI. Pack gets called for dely, then Brower denies Nelson. Collins gets a sack to give them 3rd and 17, and we hold them to a 2 yard play,

Pats P8: Start at the 22. Closing the gap. We start with a 4 yard pass to LaFell. Then we go deep to Dobson, and it misses, and Dosbon comes up gimpy. On 3rd and 6, we miss Edelman, but get an illegal contact call on Williams. We finish the 3rd with passes of 19 to Gronk, 5 to LaFell, and a 4 yard Gray run. The fourth starts with 2 Blount runs for 25, and after Peppers knocks a pass down, Brady finds LaFell for a 15 yard TD. 23-21 Pack. 13:43 left.

Pack P8: Start at the 25 after a really nice return. They keep the pressure on. The drive starts with a drop by Cobb. Lacy runs for 3, then AR finds Quarless for 9, then Adams for 17. After lacy runs for 5, AR finds Quarless for 7 more. Lacy gets the next 2 plays, a 17 yard run and a 5 yard catch. After a throw away, Adams drops a TD and they get a FG for the 26-21 lead with 8:41 left.

Pats P9: Start at the 29. We give it a try. We start with a 13 yard catch to Gronk. Bolden gets dropped for a loss of 1, and Shane has a drop. But, Minitron has back to backs for 13. Blount runs for 3, and after we miss Gronk, we find him for 9. 2 Blount runs get 14, then Brady misses Gronk in the endzone and takes a 3rd down sack. We miss the FG. 2:40 left.

Pack P9: Start at the 37. Three plays, 3 kneel downs, and a win.

3rd downs:

Pack: 9 for 15
Pats: 5 for 10

Gratz to the Packers. I'm happy for us, too. We did not play well, for at least half the game. And, yet, in Green Bay, we lose by 5. I can live with that.

darvon
11-30-2014, 07:26 PM
This was a really tight, well fought game.

It was a great Holiday SuperBowl.

brauneyz
11-30-2014, 07:35 PM
As long as the game was close, regardless of who won, there was going to be no shame. I, too, can live with this loss. In fact, the Pack needed this win more than we did. If, perchance, this is a SB preview, we'll learn from it and hopefully kiss some azz. Or just win it! :)

Patrick Sullivan
11-30-2014, 07:57 PM
As long as the game was close, regardless of who won, there was going to be no shame. I, too, can live with this loss. In fact, the Pack needed this win more than we did. If, perchance, this is a SB preview, we'll learn from it and hopefully kiss some azz. Or just win it! :)

{because kissing azz is always good, right?}

To be serious a moment, WTF, Patriots?

Come on, man.

brauneyz
11-30-2014, 08:23 PM
{because kissing azz is always good, right?}

To be serious a moment, WTF, Patriots?

Come on, man.

Oh man, I can't even blame this on my smartphone like Scott does. :o

Amy
12-01-2014, 11:58 AM
From a realistic perspective, the more I think about the game the happier I get.

We played terrible, on both sides of the ball, in the first half. They went 5 for 5 on scoring possessions, but we held them to 3 after halftime. We got Rogers down 3 times and it should have been 4, except for a technically correct, but very ticky tack hands to the face on Browner.

(On a side note, I have to say wtf was wrong with the Titans not playing Ayers? He's been lights out amazing since we got him, and he was benched there.)

We didn't run the ball enough, and Edelman was gimpy in the second half. And the Packers have been insanely good at Lambeau this year.

All that, and we lose by 5? Coool beans.

Given that the Packers have been signfiicatly less explosive on the road, and that a rematch would be in 'Zona, I'm confident we could win it.

However, I don't want to undersell the Packers. That's a very very good team, a very scary team. Adams abused Logan Ryan all day, and Logan Ryan is not a bad DB. Lacy and Cobb were both spectactular.

AR is the best QB in the NFL right now. Scary team. I hope if we don't get to 'Zona, they do, and beat Denver down.

I hope if we do, any other NFC team makes it!!! Atlanta maybe! That would be a good match up.

Go Falcons!!! :)