PDA

View Full Version : Laurence Maroney

PhinsJunkie
09-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Will I be making a mistake by drafting Maroney on my fantasy team? What is his current status on the team. Will he ever be given a legitimate opportunity to become the featured back this year in his contract year?

icedaddyvi
09-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Maroney has supposedly been hurt during the preseason, which is why he hasn't been playing and didn't get cut.
The cycle with Maroney is he dances too much in the backfield and gets no yards, then decides he should lower a shoulder when he runs and gets yards...but hurts himself and is out for a couple weeks. Rinse and repeat.
The only RB on the Pats worth drafting is Fred Taylor.

PhinsJunkie
09-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Maroney has supposedly been hurt during the preseason, which is why he hasn't been playing and didn't get cut.
The cycle with Maroney is he dances too much in the backfield and gets no yards, then decides he should lower a shoulder when he runs and gets yards...but hurts himself and is out for a couple weeks. Rinse and repeat.
The only RB on the Pats worth drafting is Fred Taylor.

I like Maroney alot. The disappointing this is that he reminds me allot of Marion Barber in that he tends to run with the same physical style but the results tend to be different.

icedaddyvi
09-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Maroney is too fragile to run successfully like Marion Barber...To answer your original question, there's always a chance that Maroney could play well this year, but with the Pats quick pass offense and all the other backs on the roster that will see playing time, I really don't think Maroney will be a featured back in NE this year.

Mythology
09-05-2010, 11:40 PM
I took Maroney in the beginning of the 6th round. He's my 4th RB (I can play up to 3 RBs). I took him not so much that I thought he'd contribute, but rather be a bye week fill-in (I have 2 RBs with Week 4 byes) and then possibly unload in late-season trade. I am anticipating trading him with the team that has Fred Taylor for a WR like Mike Wallace or Jabar Gaffney (whom I project to be decent #2 WRs late in the season)

Amy
09-14-2010, 07:21 PM
He'll play more now - he got sent to Denver along with a 2011 6th for Denver's 2011 4th.

SpartaChris
09-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Yup. He'll likely be the second back behind Moreno.

hassan812
09-15-2010, 12:51 AM
Even though, Maroney was inactive last week I was surprised when I heard he was traded. This shows that the Pats have a lot of faith in Benjarvus-Green-Ellis. Hopefully, BGE can be a nice backup to Fred Taylor.

BuckeyeRidley
09-15-2010, 01:21 AM
I didn't expect him to get traded. I think there are things that the Patriots do that showcase their ability to have control of the team's success regardless of the players they have (except Tom Brady). This does go to the credit of Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft. Despite some controversies and players come and gone, they have still made the League take notice and perform at a high level.

Amy
09-15-2010, 02:21 PM
I did expect him to be traded. Just not so soon. I said Sunday that his being inactive made me think he'd be gone before the trade deadline. I do think, though, we should have got more for him. A former 1st round pick and a six for a four? I honestly think that he was drafted a round or two early. If he'd gone after the first round, he wouldn't have gotten the bust label, I don't think.

PrestigeWorldwide
09-18-2010, 11:50 PM
Maroney wasn't really drafted early a lot of teams were very interested in him and at the time the Colts and a few other teams were disappointed they didn't land him. He just didn't have a place on this team this year. He clearly isn't a number one back and Kevin Faulk is a far superior option as a 3rd down back. What's the point of having a guy whose main talent is breaking long runs when he has rarely if ever breaks one? He was not a complete bust, he wasn't even the Patriots worst first rounder of the last few years, but he just didn't have the mental talents to match his enormous physical gifts.

imiweli
09-19-2010, 01:16 AM
Expect to see the Pats draft a RB early next year
Really hope we can get a Ahmad Bradshaw/Darren Sproles RB, a real home run hitter

hassan812
09-19-2010, 01:28 AM
Expect to see the Pats draft a RB early next year
Really hope we can get a Ahmad Bradshaw/Darren Sproles RB, a real home run hitter

Hopefully, the Oakland last week is what we will see most of the year. Here's hoping the Pats can somehow land Mark Ingram