PDA

View Full Version : Simmons kills it again

msclemons
09-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Yes, I have a giant man-crush on Simmons. Yes, I'm submitting links to other sites. Yes, you've all probably seen this already.

I don't care. If you haven't seen this go read it. Now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100902

brauneyz
09-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Yes, I have a giant man-crush on Simmons. Yes, I'm submitting links to other sites. Yes, you've all probably seen this already.

Done. Now can I have those two minutes back? :p

Is Simmons bald? Dude has a womanly obsession with the QB's hair. Whaddup with that? Tom Brady, regardless who coifs him, is the baddest QB of the bunch. Go Pats!

msclemons
09-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Do not mock the Simmons. I will be forced to toss bad recipes at you.

ScottDCP
09-05-2010, 07:32 PM

Is Simmons bald? Dude has a womanly obsession with the QB's hair. Whaddup with that? Tom Brady, regardless who coifs him, is the baddest QB of the bunch. Go Pats!

Especially considering Edwards has an even scarier thing crawling up over his neck. Oh wait. Ngarh. Dangit.

footballgal
09-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Thanks for reminding me! I read the first part of it on break at work, then forgot to come back and finish. Just think--if not for this thread, I would have missed "The good news for Kolb: Philly fans are famously patient and supportive."

KabaModernFan
09-05-2010, 07:55 PM

I had indeed already read it, but I decided to read it again upon seeing this thread. Well played Clem.

hassan812
09-05-2010, 07:59 PM

you do know Simmons is a big Boston sports fan right? Anyways, great article by SImmons as usual

ReaderM
09-05-2010, 08:48 PM
I enjoyed the article and i'm loving the hate of Freeman from him and Clayton, as a Bucs fan, I hope he proves them wrong but you, i'll be honest when it's comes to football I always take Simmons with a grain of salt.. the man is a Basketball King, knows the AL like crazy but football not exactly his strongest suit.

FessJL0861
09-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Done. Now can I have those two minutes back?

Clem should be FedEx overnight'ing them Tuesday morning.

brauneyz
09-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Clem should be FedEx overnight'ing them Tuesday morning.

Good, I'll need them to pick the bacon-wrapped dove bones outta my teeth. Thems some little birds. Bacon sounds good though. (Post thought: maybe y'all just eat the bones.)

FessJL0861
09-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Good, I'll need them to pick the bacon-wrapped dove bones outta my teeth. Thems some little birds. Bacon sounds good though. (Post thought: maybe y'all just eat the bones.)

No no no my dear. If you clean, defeather, and skin em' in the field with a quick wash afterward, the bones don't stick out near as bad as you would think (the longer you let meat sit, the more the bones cut into the good breast meat). Now THAT is date night...(referring to the clem recipe thread.)

Pruitt
09-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Simmons is the best. I give you this nugget:

"29. Jake Delhomme, Browns
The case for rooting for Jake in Cleveland: It's like watching someone trying to put his life back together after committing an accidental homicide and serving the mandatory prison sentence. Except in this case the accidental homicide was of the entire Panthers fan base."

SpartaChris
09-07-2010, 02:51 AM
Yeah, that article cracked me up. Loved his reference to war movies from worst to best.

Mor
09-07-2010, 03:46 AM
Article is great, I listen to all his podcast and make sure to read all his articles. He was pretty spot on with the QB listings, I couldn't really find fault with any of the rankings. As much as I like Flacco, his playoff performance has to improve.

kiwi
09-07-2010, 06:52 AM
I enjoyed the article and i'm loving the hate of Freeman from him and Clayton, as a Bucs fan, I hope he proves them wrong but you, i'll be honest when it's comes to football I always take Simmons with a grain of salt.. the man is a Basketball King, knows the AL like crazy but football not exactly his strongest suit.

Understatement of the year right there

illmatc2
09-07-2010, 07:42 AM
Love Simmons podcast it's fantastic and I can thank my OG status to it Cris came on and talked about this sight so as far I'm concerned He rocks too much for one hand.http://www.smacdesign.com/images/imagecache/smallstickerrock.jpg

giantsfan97
09-07-2010, 10:16 AM
His weekly podcasts during the season with Cousin Sal are awesome.

I agree football is not his strong suit (who remembers very early on in his ESPN career when he got beaten by a dog in NFL picks?) And of course we all know his wife beat him at least a couple of times as well.

To add to the list of his expertise of NBA and AL baseball, I would add gambling.

TheRealJosh
09-08-2010, 05:00 AM
No one should read Simmons because they need help with betting or ranking players. You should read Simmons if you'd like to be entertained. His podcasts are probably the most downloaded, because he gets great guests. Seriously, they need to just turn him loose on whatever he wants and not edit him. From what I've heard over the years, bosses of talent tend to just get in the way with asinine ideas and edits.

Pruitt
09-08-2010, 02:59 PM
. From what I've heard over the years, bosses of talent tend to just get in the way with asinine ideas and edits.

From what you've "heard"? You must be a young man indeed not to realize the wisdom of your words.

Kosar19
09-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Simmons is my favorite writer out there right now. While you guys are right that football isn't his forte, he's entertaining as hell. He is everything fan. The reason i can't get enough is because he gets us and isn't afraid to say exactly what he wants as a fan with good writing skills. Also, he's not afraid to ask a commissioner a tough question that a journalist worried about their connections might not ask. I love when he interviews people, he asks questions a fan would ask and really gets some great stuff out of it. When he interviewed Al Michaels this past week it was killer.

FessJL0861
09-11-2010, 03:10 AM
he gets us and isn't afraid to say exactly what he wants as a fan

That is how good writers are born. He is great at that in particular.