PDA

View Full Version : How much better will Defense be?

msclemons
07-04-2010, 06:39 PM
I'm excited about the defense this year. Last year the D would start out really strong but you could see them lose heart as the O went 3-and-out over and over. While the additions to the O-Line will help the offense I think the biggest beneficiaries will be the D. If Willis and co. actually have a couple of minutes to regroup on the sidelines in between series they could be one of the top defenses in the league.

What do my fellow 49er fans think?

wade
07-04-2010, 08:30 PM
I think you hit the nail right on the head. If the offense can get going and give the defense a breather, this could be a great year for the entire team.

Sully
07-05-2010, 11:40 AM
I am looking forward to see is Ahmad Brooks continues to progress. He may be the 3rd down pass rusher we need so Nate Clements doesn't continue to get beat deep on double moves all next season.

Stork
07-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Well, I think the addition of Taylor Mays is huge, since it will give some help over the middle in between Willis and Clements. It looks like our secondary is better this year, but am I overlooking a departure on D that will hurt? I think this year Willis will be even better than the last 2.

Hoser
07-07-2010, 06:39 PM
The defense made some pretty big mental lapses at all the wrong times last year. Dre Bly in particular. No more high stepping at the 50 yard line after an interception only to be caught from behind and stripped of the ball. Those kinds of hijinx need to stop or they will miss the playoffs yet again.

The secondary is suspect. Perhaps getting off the field for some time other than the half time break would help them keep their legs fresher and perhaps their focus a little more sharp throughout the game.

paulpoteat
07-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Bly's "superstar" play wasn't as bad as him not owning it immediately afterwards.