PDA

View Full Version : Huge news in the SD! (/sarcasm)

StarvinMarvin
09-06-2010, 06:10 PM
The Chargers have signed free agent quarterback J.T. O'Sullivan to a one-year deal.

Turk Schonert
09-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Insurance policy in case Rivers gets hurt. Gives JT time to learn the system.

StarvinMarvin
09-06-2010, 06:21 PM
I believe this will be his 10th team in an illustrious NFL career. He must know about every playbook in the league. I do wish him well, but if Rivers gets hurt and J.T.'s the backup, the Chargers are treading into perilous territory. Similar to the Bengals if Carson goes down.

BuckeyeRidley
09-06-2010, 06:25 PM
I think this can be promising. I think Norv Turner is going to get him dialed into the same system that Philip Rivers is in and try to get him some tutoring. In General, I think they are going to emphasize that Philip stay healthy---He's their Guy Mos Deff!

Colts01
09-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Curtis Painters brother from another mother

BuckeyeRidley
09-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Curtis Painters brother from another mother

LOL I'm surprised Big Time that the Colts let Brandstater go but kept Painter! I trust Bill Polian & think he sees something we don't!

msclemons
09-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Now http://www.dublinsquareirishpub.com/ has some competition.

Andy Freeland
09-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Saints, Packers, Vikings, Patriots, Panthers, Lions, 49ers, Bengals. 9 teams in the last 7 years for JT.

Turk Schonert
09-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Saints, Packers, Vikings, Patriots, Panthers, Lions, 49ers, Bengals. 9 teams in the last 7 years for JT.

He's seasoned ... like an over cooked steak!

sabre
09-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Billy Volek is the backup in San Diego. The same guy who came in against the Colts to drive them to the winning score in the playoffs.

ElShay
09-10-2010, 01:49 AM
This should be Volek's last year in SD. He was great for us against the Colts in the playoffs a few years ago, but he has looked terrible this pre-season. I was hoping they'd pick up a young qb that could have been groomed this year to take over Volek's spot next year, and they go and pick up JT, really! Troy Smith was available, and if nothing else, he could have been valuable as a trade piece. I hope they can resign McNeill and reduce the amount of hits that Rivers will take.

Resdog154
09-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Only reason they picked up JT was due to the fact that Volek took a beating in the preseason and is not very healthy going into the regular season. With no other 3rd QB on the team, they had to have insurance in case Philip goes down. Really too bad that Crompton was terrible in every way this pre-season - he was rated decently coming out of school.