PDA

View Full Version : Going into Monday's games...

Chilly
09-13-2010, 02:22 AM
Currently, in my match-up against Favre Brett or Favre Wurst, I am leading 51.00 to 48.00. The only two players we have left capable of scoring is Anquan Boldin on his team and Antonio Gates on my team. I like my situation, but I'd say it's probably 60% chance I win this week and 40% that he does. Crossing my fingers--that's how Fantasy works.

Anyways, some early notes about this week for me:

1. I made a late switch on my D and Kicker, picking up the Raiders and Matt Bryant this morning. However, I neglected to enter them into my starting line-up, a rookie mistake that ended up costing me 9.00 points and probably a near-sure victory. Whoops.

2. Earlier this week, I proposed a trade to Andy that looked like:
--Berrian, Sproles to his team
--Forte, Murphy to my team
My guess is that while the trade may have been plausible before this weekend, I don't think there's any way in Hell that it would work now after Forte's breakout performance [I considered him a Top 10 back going into the season, was one pick from snagging him] and Berrian's lack thereof. Oh well.

3. There are a few ways that you can impress your buddies while watching football, but I'm realizing that there are not many that compare to being able to watch Sunday Night football [or Thurs this week] and say, "Oh yeah, the announcer is in my fantasy football league."

4. I guess the "one-up'er" would be being able to say you beat Cris. Week 4, be good to me!

5. I think I have three relatively even [and average] QB's--probably need to try and trade one for value sooner rather than later. Any takers? [maybe the owner of Kolb/Campbell?]

6. Gronkowski scored a TD today. He was on my bench obviously, but still. GRONK!

7. Between a Patriots victory and a victory for my fantasy team, I'm on the fence between which I would rather have. Both would be preferable [and still possible] this week. Kind of scares me, though. I don't want to ever have to root against Tom.

8. The Live Chat on this site is awesome while watching games--props to all who were there at some point.

9. I'm very glad I wasn't going against Arian Foster, Matt Forte or Hakeem Nicks today. Would have been very frustrating.

10. Antonio Gates > Boldin, right?

Can't wait until tomorrow night!

DannyMilk
09-13-2010, 03:39 AM
I'm going against Nicks in my yahoo league...very frustrating!

Andy Freeland
09-13-2010, 11:40 AM
2. Earlier this week, I proposed a trade to Andy that looked like:
--Berrian, Sproles to his team
--Forte, Murphy to my team

I guess I was a little distracted this week, I didn't even see that trade. Wouldn't have mattered if I had, not a chance I'm giving up Forte for anything but another starting back.

Chilly
09-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Yeah, it was definitely a stretch. Alas. Will just have to wait until Santonio Holmes gets back.

FessJL0861
09-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Will just have to wait until Santonio Holmes gets back.

That's a scary quote Chil. Unfortunately one that I too, know all too well in one of ESPN Champion leagues.

Chilly
09-14-2010, 02:11 AM
Could only watch the first quarter of the Chargers-Chiefs game, and knowing that I needed 9 pts from Antonio Gates to win, that was a bit of a sketchy situation. First Chargers drive? Gates: 40 yards receiving, 1 TD. 10 points. Turned off the television with a comfortable lead, and don't really care what else happened. Ugly week, but a win's a win, right?