PDA

View Full Version : Oh Turk Where Art Thou???

mjchefer
09-13-2010, 12:07 PM
I just wanted to say, my brother Turk, I feel your pain after this first week of fantasy.

Thanks to Moss, Schaub, Favre and Peterson...

I dont want to panic just yet. But I´ll go ahead and pick up Michael Vick off the waivers. That´s not a panic move right?

Andy Freeland
09-13-2010, 03:08 PM
I'll tell you where he is, he's beating me by 12 points. But all his players are in the books and I still have Ray Rice and Philip Rivers. He might have more points, but I'm winning.

Wordsworth
09-13-2010, 03:20 PM
My team in FPL League 1 is absolutely atrocious. I am embarrassed to field such a sub-par fantasy squad.

Andy Freeland
09-13-2010, 03:24 PM
My team in FPL League 1 is absolutely atrocious. I am embarrassed to field such a sub-par fantasy squad.

Could be worse, at least you aren't the guy I beat 98 to 56. Oops, yes you are.

FessJL0861
09-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Life doesn't look to good for me in FPL II either Words. Don't feel to bad. I didn't realize how shallow the usable WR pool was this year until late last night.

Wordsworth
09-13-2010, 05:10 PM
You know, with I being 16 teams and II being 20 teams we could have had three leagues of 12 teams and all had better rosters :P

FessJL0861
09-13-2010, 05:13 PM
You know, with I being 16 teams and II being 20 teams we could have had three leagues of 12 teams and all had better rosters :P

Actually I think there is an FPLIII in existence, but expanding to 4 leagues certainly wouldn't have hurt. We were at 20 teams initially until the backlash from the constituency. (thank goodness) Nothing like having Danny Almendola as a #2 WR.

Turk Schonert
09-13-2010, 05:19 PM
I just wanted to say, my brother Turk, I feel your pain after this first week of fantasy.

Thanks to Moss, Schaub, Favre and Peterson...

I dont want to panic just yet. But I´ll go ahead and pick up Michael Vick off the waivers. That´s not a panic move right?

Schaub throwing the ball only 17x killed me. Moss had a long TD but Brady threw a bad pass ... damn that Brady. I thought Hester would put up good numbers vs Detroit, Cutler throws for 372 and Hester gets only 17 of those yards. I need Ray Rice to sprain his ankle at the pregame meal and Rivers to get lost on his way to the stadium (maybe the taxi driver doesn't speak English). Picking last sucked, but I'm going to rally. By the way, stick with Schaub ... until they play Indy again.

Wordsworth
09-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Nothing like having Danny Almendola as a #2 WR.

Oh christ. You have to be joking.

FessJL0861
09-13-2010, 05:45 PM
Oh christ. You have to be joking.

If we had a 20 team league, I wouldn't be. The waiver wire is Calsita Flockhart wafer thin enough. I would be starting a kicker in WR positions if we had 20 teams.

Wordsworth
09-13-2010, 06:42 PM
If we had a 20 team league, I wouldn't be. The waiver wire is Calsita Flockhart wafer thin enough. I would be starting a kicker in WR positions if we had 20 teams.

Oh man I bet you could snatch up Joe Klopfenstein on the cheap son.

Wordsworth
09-13-2010, 06:43 PM

FessJL0861
09-13-2010, 06:49 PM

Klop might be a reach, but maybe Ben Utecht may be available.

Turk Schonert
09-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Klop might be a reach, but maybe Ben Utecht may be available.

You could take the Bills TE, oh wait ... he didn't catch a pass this week, never mind.

FessJL0861
09-13-2010, 08:44 PM
You could take the Bills TE, oh wait ... he didn't catch a pass this week, never mind.

First off, HA! SHOT FIRED by my man Turk!

But really, if Buffalo only they had an offensive coordinator that could teach the quarterback how to throw the ball to the ...... nah, wouldnt work. They would get rid of him and end up bringing in someone else on the cheap.

Chilly
09-13-2010, 08:55 PM
I love how my team has only scored 51 pts thus far this week, and still has a chance at winning. The demolition coming if my team doesn't improve will be holistic and debilitating...