PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts from Game 1

imiweli
09-15-2010, 05:22 AM
Offense was terrific, if the O-Line can play this well for the rest of the year we will do well. Tight Ends did more blocking than catching this game, I'm hoping we can unleash Hernandez against the Jets

Defense was decent, great at the start but played to conservatively toward the end. Mayo looked good for the first time this year and Wilfork was a beast. Chung and McCourty looked terrific, though I was slightly down on Butler and Meriweather

Getting of to fast starts and taking early leads will be really important for the Patriots this year.

Now lets beat them Jets

Amy
09-15-2010, 02:26 PM
We should. Jets play great D, but have no offense - and Revis can only take out one guy. I'd put him on Welker if I was Rex - but that still gives us Hernandez, Grownkowski, Tate, and Moss to be covered by Cromartie and the rest of the Jets secondary. As long as we pick up the endless Jets blitzing, we should be fine.

But, given that Revis was locked up on Mason all night Monday night (and not Boldin), who knows where he'll be on Sunday afternoon.

And if we jump out on them like we did the Bengals, it's over. Captain Checkdown can't pull a team back into it like Carson did - at least Carson and Ocho made it respectable for them.

Amy
09-15-2010, 02:26 PM
We should. Jets play great D, but have no offense - and Revis can only take out one guy. I'd put him on Welker if I was Rex - but that still gives us Hernandez, Grownkowski, Tate, and Moss to be covered by Cromartie and the rest of the Jets secondary. As long as we pick up the endless Jets blitzing, we should be fine.

But, given that Revis was locked up on Mason all night Monday night (and not Boldin), who knows where he'll be on Sunday afternoon.

And if we jump out on them like we did the Bengals, it's over. Captain Checkdown can't pull a team back into it like Carson did - at least Carson and Ocho made it respectable for them.