PDA

View Full Version : That's right, Im starting Michael Vick

mjchefer
09-16-2010, 11:54 AM
For all the haters out there, enjoy... Im starting Michael Vick against DET at QB this week over Brett Favre vs MIA. By the way, I recently read that Michael Vick is the #1 most hated sports figure in the USA, over Tiger, Lebron and Kobe...

Now... what are the odds of Vick stealing the starting job from Kolb. I know, I know... Kolb is #1. But, picture this. Vick KILLS it against the Lions... something like 250 passing and 100 rushing, 4 total TDs... Kolb comes back and loses two in a row, still cant get his rythm back after the concussion.... How much pressure would there be on starting Vick?

KabaModernFan
09-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Vick is currently the starter on a team in my league, can't exactly say it's a bad decision either. Vick looked explosive as ever last week and should have a good matchup against the Lions coming up. Kolb might even be out for an extended period of time with this concussion, so you could do much worse than Vick.

MattBer2c
09-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Haha, I'm starting Vick too. I have him over Schaub though, so it's a riskier move. I figure I may as well start him against Detroit, where he will likely get his points.

Turk Schonert
09-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Detroit plays a lot of man coverage. Vick will run for 100+ yds again this week if Detroit's defense doesn't contain, or change their philosophy some.

mjchefer
09-16-2010, 04:33 PM
What are your feelings on Vick taking the starting role around weeks 7-8 of the regular season??

BMW
09-16-2010, 05:10 PM
I'm hearing from Detroit land that they will be using a bunch of zone, but who really knows since Schwartz doesn't talk and its all speculation. It looks like DeAndre Levy will be playing so that will be good for Detroit. And in man the will be QB spying with a safety, I would assume Randy Phillips.

However, Vick will still run wild I think.