PDA

View Full Version : 25-22

Ninernightmare
09-21-2010, 01:39 AM
I do not know what to make of this game tonight, 4 turnovers killed us. I have seen Alex play well before then stink it up the very next week. 2 weeks in and I do not know what to make of this 49er team. We could beat the Chiefs by 20 or lose by 20 next week.

What I did like seeing was Oline rookies playing much better this week, I think are secondary is still suspect Brees missed a few open receivers which I think was due to the wind. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that Alex puts it together.

bluestree
09-21-2010, 01:51 AM
I thought the Niners looked like a team that is on the cusp of being dominant. Tonight I saw why they were picked to win the NFC West. That is a boatload of talent. They need maturity, maybe they'll find it this year, maybe not, but it's close. I think you would be crazy not to put it all on Alex Smith. He showed elite talent, made some great reads and throws under pressure. If you think he's inconsistent, dial up the first three years of Brett Favre. The kid needs coached up, and some solid support from the team. He had a lot of bad luck coming out, they need to stick with him. I couldn't believe this was the same team I saw lose to Green Bay last year.

Amy
09-21-2010, 11:19 AM
What struck me is that they didn't quit. They could have rolled over at 9-0 and folded, but they fought back. Turnovers killed them, but that was a great two minute drive at the end of the game to tie.

TheLinc
09-21-2010, 12:36 PM
I thought the Niners looked like a team that is on the cusp of being dominant. Tonight I saw why they were picked to win the NFC West. That is a boatload of talent. They need maturity, maybe they'll find it this year, maybe not, but it's close. I think you would be crazy not to put it all on Alex Smith. He showed elite talent, made some great reads and throws under pressure. If you think he's inconsistent, dial up the first three years of Brett Favre. The kid needs coached up, and some solid support from the team. He had a lot of bad luck coming out, they need to stick with him. I couldn't believe this was the same team I saw lose to Green Bay last year.

Pretty much everything that needs to be said is here. Niners are on their way up, they showed when they are clicking they can play and beat the best. Just missed it last night but they have to be the most optimistic 0-2 team right now, whatever that's worth.