PDA

View Full Version : 3 Bold Claims

Chilly
09-24-2010, 02:01 AM
1. Bernard Berrian is going to go off this week. At home against a weak secondary that will gear up against Shiancoe=lots of Berrian targets. I think 14-16 points are in store for him, and he'll carry my team to the third victory in a row to start the season. And then I'll sell him high after Week 4 for a decent back-up RB, plug Holmes in as my #3 receiver, and be well on my way to an undefeated season.

2. My team is the most boring team in our league. Not a single player in my starting line-up is either young or exciting. Let me read off the names as of now:
Kyle Orton. Steven Jackson. Clinton Portis. Larry Fitz. Steve Smith [Carolina version]. Antonio Gates. Bernard Berrian.

Boring. But extremely effective.

3. Andy gave me a bunch of [fill-in-the-blank] for drafting Derek Anderson. He just traded for him this week. How does crow taste?

'Nough said.

Andy Freeland
09-24-2010, 09:34 AM
I did not trade for Derek Anderson (my strategy here is to flat out lie. I realize I already admitted to trading for anderson in another thread, but if I had any pride or integrity left I wouldn't have traded for him in the first place). Why would I trade for Derek Anderson when I already have Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees (as long as I'm lying, I might as well do it right).

msclemons
09-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Why did you trade for DA when Trent Edwards is on the wire?

Chilly
09-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Why did you trade for DA when Trent Edwards is on the wire?

You mean the bench?

StarvinMarvin
09-24-2010, 02:29 PM
7 starting QB's are now on the pines or out due to injury. At this rate fantasy players will be praised for having the foresight to jump on Jimmy Clausen (like I just did :rolleyes: ).

MattBer2c
09-24-2010, 03:20 PM
That's only one claim, really. The other two are just statements of opinion.

Chilly
09-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Okay fine. I just benched Steve Smith for Louis Murphy this week, too.

Wordsworth
09-24-2010, 05:06 PM
I don't ever want to own any Raiders receiver that isn't named Zach Miller.

Chilly
09-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Going against the Cardinals with Gradkowski, I like him a lot more than some others.