PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 - Bottom 5

Turk Schonert
09-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Top 10 Teams
10) New England - Defense needs to get better or they fall out of top 10
9) Dallas - Impressive win vs Texans is just what the doctor ordered
8) Kansas City - Defense, Special Teams, Run Game and make a few plays in the pass
game ... they're executing this game plan to perfection (3-0)
7) Miami - Solid defense, offense is coming, B. Marshall is a play maker!
6) Atlanta - Big win in New Orleans
5) NY Jets - Looked like the real deal last 2 weeks vs NE & Miami (best of the AFC East)
4) New Orleans - Still dangerous, need a kicker, they miss Bush
3) Indy - Peyton is as good as ever, 'D' playing better
2) Green Bay - 18 penalties killed them vs Bears, still the best team in the NFC
1) Pittsburgh - They are looking scary good with Big Ben coming soon. What a defense!!

Bottom 5
5) San Francisco - No faith in Alex Smith, where's the 'D', internal strife?
4) Jacksonville - QB is playing bad, no speed on offense = few points scored
3) Cleveland - Not enough play makers
2) Carolina - Can't score, period!
1) Buffalo Bills - Close only counts in horseshoes, still at the bottom

* I know I left the 3-0 Bears out of the top 10. I am just not convinced that they are one of the best 10 teams in the league right now, they have been more lucky then good

Wordsworth
09-28-2010, 06:25 PM
I am surprised you have the Bears and Baltimore off your list and that you think 3 of the 10 best teams in the NFL are in the AFC East. I don't know who all would be on my own list, but I figured at least the Ravens or Bears might be on there. I wouldn't have Miami on my list, and perhaps not New England either. Their defense is terrible and will catch up to them as we get into winter.

Turk Schonert
09-28-2010, 06:29 PM
I am surprised you have the Bears and Baltimore off your list and that you think 3 of the 10 best teams in the NFL are in the AFC East. I don't know who all would be on my own list, but I figured at least the Ravens or Bears might be on there. I wouldn't have Miami on my list, and perhaps not New England either. Their defense is terrible and will catch up to them as we get into winter.

I vacillated back and forth with New England, I could very easily put somebody else in the 10 spot.

Wordsworth
09-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Who would it be and why?

Polishguy00
09-28-2010, 07:18 PM
I think I agree with this list. I am not convinced about the Bears and I want to see Baltimore have some offensive consistency.

Turk Schonert
09-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Who would it be and why?

Houston because of their offense

msclemons
09-28-2010, 10:37 PM
You have the 49ers ranked too high. They should be at #33 behind Alabama.

Anyone know anything about Mike Johnson? I've heard very little about this guy other than the players trust him. It doesn't appear he's ever called plays at any level of the game. Hope he does ok in a dysfunctional situation.

Docta
09-29-2010, 12:07 AM
How the Chiefs are 3-0:

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2010/09/shaun_smith_accused_grabbing_naughty_bits.php

footballgal
09-29-2010, 12:47 AM
Green Bay's deeper problem is that they do not a running game at the moment. They're not in my top two or three until and unless they make a trade for a running back.

I agree that Houston should maybe make the top ten. I'd probably swap out the Chiefs--the teams they've beaten were two of your bottom five and the Chargers on a night when all the luck was in the Chiefs' favor.

Colts01
09-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Curious where you have the Lions Turk ?

GoBigOrGoHome
09-29-2010, 07:06 PM

character limit now exceeded.

darvon
09-29-2010, 07:33 PM
WOOT! Detroit is NOT in the bottom 5.

Celebrate!!!

Turk Schonert
09-29-2010, 09:41 PM

I would put them 25th, the Rams 26th, and the Bucs 27th

SpartaChris
09-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Green Bay's deeper problem is that they do not a running game at the moment. They're not in my top two or three until and unless they make a trade for a running back.

I agree that Houston should maybe make the top ten. I'd probably swap out the Chiefs--the teams they've beaten were two of your bottom five and the Chargers on a night when all the luck was in the Chiefs' favor.

Been discussing this ad-nauseum in a couple other areas. You don't NEED to have an elite running game to win in this league. You only need one that's good enough to set up the occasional play-action.

For example, the Colts were #32 in rushing last season. The Chargers were #31. The Jets, at #1 didn't make it to the Super Bowl. In fact, they were lucky to even make the playoffs last season, with a bit of help from the Colts and Bengals.

In 2008, the Steelers were #23 in rushing. Cardinals were #32. Both went to the Super Bowl.