PDA

View Full Version : What happened?

kotar44
10-13-2010, 02:51 PM
I'll admit to being very excited when I first heard of this site on the BS Report. I mean, how often does the average fan have access to the minds of former players and coaches? I joined up, and even though it was pre-season, I enjoyed it, as I found the discussions a step above the typical mudslinging you get on most sites. I assumed once the season began we would start to reap the benefits of having seasoned and "inside" contributors. Alas, that has not been the case, and it seems to me this promising idea is dying on the vine. I have long suspected that players as analysts was not a match made in heaven, and this site has cemented that notion. When you think about it, it makes sense. There are only a handful of positions on an NFL team that require an analytical mind, so why would we assume these individuals would be able to become competent or even entertaining analysts? The NFL Network has an entire team of analysts that prove this out. So while there are some very intelligent and interesting contributors on this site, none of the pros are, and I don't believe I have learned one thing from them. Maybe they are holding back, not wanting to burn any bridges in case a job with a team or network comes along. Regardless, it's sad to see a good idea go to waste, which is what seems to be happening here.

Wordsworth
10-14-2010, 03:30 PM
I am sorry you feel that way. I think I can speak for many regulars on this site when I say I have learned a great deal from the contributors here and the discussions born from their posts. Turk and Cris especially, for me, have been very informative and have given us insight into matters from the perspective of someone on the other side of the fan fence. I wish you felt differently, but perhaps this format is not for everyone. I will continue to be active here and look forward to being part of this site's future.

brauneyz
10-14-2010, 03:57 PM
kotar, I'm sorry you feel disappointed. Maybe if you outlined specifically what you hope for, it could be addressed. More postings and interactions from the pros? Less nonsense from us peons? :p

Have you started discussions that have been hijacked? You need to give some feedback. You know the old adage about "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem?"

I think the guys here, especially Andy, who runs the joint, provide a terrific opportunity you won't find elsewhere. Again, sorry for your disappointment.

msclemons
10-14-2010, 05:09 PM
The site has slowed down a bit because the season has started and pros have some hefty schedules. It's still a great site but not quite the wild ride it was in the off season when there was time for video chats and stuff.

It'll pick back up as schedules ease off. Post-season and draft season will be a blast.

Bengals1181
10-14-2010, 05:11 PM
I've learned quite a bit from the "pros" and come here specifically because of them. Frankly, as a Bengals fan (and even if I wasn't), I think its pretty damn cool that I can ask Cris and Lapham about football, or specifically about the Bengals, and know that I'm going to get a response.

Turk Schonert
10-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Kotar,
Not sure what it is your looking for, but just ask. We will be more than happy to answer your questions or issues. The X's & O's (Turk Talk) version of this site was put on hold due to production issues. I love that part of this site and can't wait to get it going again. If you're looking for insight into games, Cris can't divulge what he and AL talk about with coaches & players in regards to scheming and game planning. I'm not going to divulge what I talk about with fellow coaches in regards to scheming & game planning either. It's a trust thing! I don't know how you could not learn anything from this site. From the contributors to the active posters, there is a lot of good information out there. Again, just ask!