PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 ... Bottom 5

Turk Schonert
10-19-2010, 03:57 PM
Top10 Week #7

1. Pittsburgh - Needed to see how Ben played before putting them #1
2. NY Jets - Good teams take advantage of their opportunity, punched it in for the win after they got the PI call
3. New England - Defense is playing good football, Brady is ... Brady
4. Baltimore - Almost pulled off the trifecta ... wins @NYJ, @Pitt, @NE
5. NY Giants - Playing the best ball of all NFC teams in last 3 weeks
6. Tennessee - Defense is playing well to go with their productive offense
7. Indy - Still not convincing on the road, Peyton should of thrown 3 picks
8. Philly - Playmakers need to keep making plays with D. Jackson out
9. Atlanta - Lost to a hot Philly team on the road
10. New Orleans - First dominate complete game

Bottom 5

5. San Francisco - Narrow win over Oakland doesn't get them out of the lower tier
4. Oakland - Never thought I'd say this but, they miss Gradkowski
3. Cleveland - Don't score enough points!!
2. Carolina - Cleveland looks like a scoring machine compared to this offense
1. Buffalo - Long way to go, hope the bye week helped them figure some things out

*Washington was the only team to drop out of last weeks top 10, and I'm not sure they belonged there last week.

msclemons
10-19-2010, 05:57 PM
After watching the Raiders-49ers game I might put both teams in a tie with Buffalo. That was horrible football. I think I'd rather watch Real Houseives of New York before I'd watch the replay of this game.

I'd probably swap the Pats and Ravens. I know the Pats have the win but on a neutral field the Ravens take 2 out of 3 IMO.

Turk Schonert
10-19-2010, 06:27 PM
After watching the Raiders-49ers game I might put both teams in a tie with Buffalo. That was horrible football. I think I'd rather watch Real Houseives of New York before I'd watch the replay of this game.

I'd probably swap the Pats and Ravens. I know the Pats have the win but on a neutral field the Ravens take 2 out of 3 IMO.

Sorry to hear that you have to go to housewives NY for your entertainment. Game was that bad huh. I gave the Pats the nod since they blew out Cinti, and Balt lost to Cinti. I hope they meet again in the playoffs, would be another great game, especially after the trash talking after this last game.

ScottDCP
10-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Top10 Week #7

1. Buffalo - Long way to go, hope the bye week helped them figure some things out

*Washington was the only team to drop out of last weeks top 10, and I'm not sure they belonged there last week.

First, and while I hate that a guy gets hurt, at least they won't be playing Cornell Green tis week.

Second, you're right - Washington didn't belong there.

iwatt
10-19-2010, 07:22 PM
Rankings according to record, then Point differential

1 NY Jets
2 Pittsburgh (+10.8 pts/Gm)
3 New England (+7.6 pts/Gm)
4 Tennessee (+10.67 pts/Gm)
5 Indianapolis (+6.33 pts/Gm)
6 Philadelphia (+5.50 pts/Gm)
7 Atlanta (+4.83 pts/Gm)
8 New Orleans (+3.67 pts/Gm)
9 Baltimore (+2.83 pts/Gm)
10 NY Giants (+2.67 pts/GM)

Worst 6

27 Dallas (-1.80 pts/GM)*
28 Detroit (+1 pts/GM)
29 Cleveland (-6.17 pts/GM)
30 San Francisco (-7.67 pts/GM)
31 Carolina (-11.6 pts/GM)
32 Buffalo (-14.8 pts/GM)

I'd put Dallas below Detroit, just because point differential.

The bye week still colors the standings a bit, because 1 loss in 5 or 1 loss in 6 is still a significant shift. But I like going with numbers for my rankings.

Amy
10-19-2010, 09:39 PM
1. Ravens. For the moment.
2. Pats. Closing fast.
3. Jets.
4. Steelers. Have they beat a legit playoff team? IMO, no. Ravens have beat 2 legit playoff teams -Steelers, and Jets - on the road.
5. Eagles. I had to put an NFC team, and they're the best, for the moment.

GoBigOrGoHome
10-19-2010, 11:58 PM
Getting harder and harder not to put the Lions in the bottom five.

Turk Schonert
10-20-2010, 12:11 AM
Getting harder and harder not to put the Lions in the bottom five.

I thought the same thing, but I couldn't move one of my bottom 5 teams out. I think Detroit is better than all 5 of those teams. And, Detroit has been playing without their starting QB.

GoBigOrGoHome
10-20-2010, 12:20 AM
I thought the same thing, but I couldn't move one of my bottom 5 teams out. I think Detroit is better than all 5 of those teams. And, Detroit has been playing without their starting QB.

Agree with the sentiment, Turk. We need a strong showing in Staffrord's return two Sundays from now at home against the 'Skins.

Here's to hoping the Lions use the bye week to get healthy and a little sharper. I just re-watched the Giants game. Way too many yellow hankies to suit my taste. Gotta get sharp.

Pruitt
10-20-2010, 08:03 AM
Top 5:
Jets
Steelers
Giants
Titans
Patriots

Bottom 5:
Browns
Bills
Panthers
Lions
Raiders

Sorely tempted to put the Jags on the bottom 5. I'd heard the Bears termed the "worst 4-2 team" the commentator had ever seen. But I will go further and call the Jaguars "the worst 3-3 team ANYONE has ever seen."

BMW
10-20-2010, 11:37 AM
There are a bunch of mystery teams towards the bottom. Teams like 49ers, or the Seahawks have lost some bad one but then won some, Lions lost a bunch but always go out close and then kill the Rams, Arizona but maybe they are starting to put something together, Chargers have lost some really bad ones, and then what's the Cowboys deal?

But for the most part I agree with most of what Turk has.

Turk Schonert
10-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Top 5:
Jets
Steelers
Giants
Titans
Patriots

Bottom 5:
Browns
Bills
Panthers
Lions
Raiders

Sorely tempted to put the Jags on the bottom 5. I'd heard the Bears termed the "worst 4-2 team" the commentator had ever seen. But I will go further and call the Jaguars "the worst 3-3 team ANYONE has ever seen."

Can't disagree with either of those last two statements.

DannyMilk
10-20-2010, 12:29 PM
1. Ravens. For the moment.
2. Pats. Closing fast.
3. Jets.
4. Steelers. Have they beat a legit playoff team? IMO, no. Ravens have beat 2 legit playoff teams -Steelers, and Jets - on the road.
5. Eagles. I had to put an NFC team, and they're the best, for the moment.

Steelers were also one sack/injury away from recruiting former XFL players to help at QB...and also, are the Eagles that good? (I'm not saying you're wrong, I just really haven't noticed)...and at what point do we consider coaching errors i.e. Andy Reid, Norv Turner, and of course Wade's team which lacks discipline

Polishguy00
10-20-2010, 01:23 PM
1. Stillers, 2. Jets, 3. Ravens (still), 4.Pats, 5.Colts

Yes, not a NFC team yet. Is there an easier pick right now than AFC wins Super Bowl? We thought it was close (Conference to Conference) due to QBs in the NFC before season started, but a bad Favre, a somewhat shaky Rodgers, an undisciplined team around Romo and a harassed Cutler makes the NFC QBs look worse than ever. At this second, is Bradford a top 6 NFC QB right now? If yes, that's not good. Based on team play and stats (where Bradford is seriously lacking), who is above Bradford other than McNabb, Romo (moving the ball still matters), Brees, Kolvick, and Manning? Not saying I believe it, just saying it.

thephaze
10-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Philly is the best team in the NFC.

Does Buffalo go 0-16?

Alex
10-20-2010, 03:27 PM
My colleague had this to say

Jets – Another week another win… but they certainly didn’t seem dominant last game.
Steelers – Ben is back. If the Steelers win in Miami, look for a new No. 1 at NFL Reaction.
Patriots – You give Tom Brady the ball enough times, he’ll beat you. Ask the Ravens.
Ravens – The Ravens have already played all three teams above them on this list... and they are 4-2. Enough said?
Colts – Peyton has two weeks to prepare for the Texans rematch. I like his chances.
Saints – The Saints offense joined the team last Sunday.
Eagles – Why did Andy Reid call himself “chubby” after the game last week? He’s WAY bigger than “chubby.”
Titans – Collins? Young? Kolb? Vick? Sunday should be interesting.
Falcons – Note to Falcons: Either assert yourself as the team in the NFL or don’t. Stop teasing everyone.
Giants – First place in the NFC North doesn’t mean what it used to.

I'll adjust and add mine to my blog later today...

as for the bottom #6:

Cowboys, Raiders, Browns, Lions, Panthers, Bills

Alex
10-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Niners are going 11-5 this season. . Eagles vs. Ravens SB XLV pick.

Still confident about those picks??

Pruitt
10-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Does Buffalo go 0-16?

They could, but they have two solid chances for a win - at home against the Lions and the Browns. The game against Cleveland could well be the least anticipated game in NFL history.

GoBigOrGoHome
10-20-2010, 05:05 PM
They could, but they have two solid chances for a win - at home against the Lions and the Browns. The game against Cleveland could well be the least anticipated game in NFL history.

Browns got it together last year late. Any likelihood that happens again this year?

GoBigOrGoHome
10-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Still confident about those picks??

Available in the "Recent Posts" tab on this very site. thephaze's current assessment of the Niners. Well written.

http://footballproslive.com/showthread.php/1932-49ers-fans-exhale-but-still-feel-empty.

Turk Schonert
10-20-2010, 05:20 PM

Only topping last years least anticipated game in NFL history(Cleveland out bored Buffalo 6-3)

GoBigOrGoHome
10-20-2010, 05:45 PM
Only topping last years least anticipated game in NFL history(Cleveland out bored Buffalo 6-3)

I was still living in Ohio last year and got that stinker as my 1:00 game on CBS. Simply putrid football.

DannyMilk
10-21-2010, 04:06 PM
I think looking back I would still pick the 9ers...so sad