PDA

View Full Version : Proposition 19

GoBigOrGoHome
10-20-2010, 11:28 PM
Apparently, there is a proposition on the ballot which would legalize marijuana in California.

Cops in Cali are concerned about people driving under the influence of burning tree. So, the CHP (yeah, CHiPs!!) got a newspaper reporter and a talk-radio host stoned and gave them a driving test.

This is a fun read.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-1020-lopezcolumn-20101018,0,493202.column

Pruitt
10-20-2010, 11:42 PM
Let them devise a breathalyzer test and the CHP will make a mint off fines.

Better than clogging the courts and the prisons and spending millions to keep potheads behind bars.

msclemons
10-20-2010, 11:52 PM
Don't need a breathalyzer; just hold an open bag of Doritos out. If the suspect lunges uncontrollably towards the chips write him up.

I haven't gone near weed since high school because, frankly, I like beer better. But I'm still voting yes on 19. Make those potheads pay some taxes and they'll be useful for the first time in their lives.

On a more serious note - spend billions prosecuting marijuana users or make billions taxing marijuana? It's a pretty simple question.

GoBigOrGoHome
10-20-2010, 11:53 PM
Amen to that.

bluestree
10-21-2010, 12:04 AM
Can't use Doritos Clem, that's snack food profiling.

Wordsworth
10-21-2010, 02:10 AM
The amount of traffic infractions and accidents caused solely by marijuana is negligible to zero. Typically people are under the influence of more than just pot, and most commonly alcohol. There is little to no danger whatsoever in legalizing marijuana, and it helps to cut the legs out of the Mexican cartels that are cashing in on all this. Now if Texas could get on the same track...

bluestree
10-21-2010, 02:30 AM
The amount of traffic infractions and accidents caused solely by marijuana is negligible to zero. Typically people are under the influence of more than just pot, and most commonly alcohol. There is little to no danger whatsoever in legalizing marijuana, and it helps to cut the legs out of the Mexican cartels that are cashing in on all this. Now if Texas could get on the same track...

As a friend who is a county sheriff told me, "All I do is work accident scenes, and I have never responded to a crash where somebody got all toked up and went out and killed someone in a crash." He also said if he found someone transporting a large quantity of marijuana, he would look the other way. "I'm not dying for that. I'm going home after my shift."
Most recently he transferred to the bomb squad.