PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Non-Home team stadium

Kosar19
07-06-2010, 11:33 AM
I thought it would be fun to get the opinion of outsiders for other stadiums that don't have an emotional attachment to them.

I've only been to a few (I'm a Cleveland guy), but I got to have a "religious" experience last year. I work with a guy from Green Bay and he got us tickets to go to Packers - Bears opening Sunday night of the season at Lambeau. Awesome. That stadium is like no other in any sport that I've been to. it has a real intimacy to it. It's just a giant bowl, and it doesn't feel that anyone has much better seats than anyone else. It has a very collegiate feel to it and I just left in awe. Not to mention the location. it's basically in a residential neighborhood, with people selling their fron lawns for parking, and parties everywhere. If you ever have a chance to go there, do it.

Andy Freeland
07-06-2010, 11:57 AM
The drive into Lambeau is really something. The only thing I can compare it to is Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Here are a bunch of houses then, out of nowhere, one of the greatest landmarks in American sports.

I've been to almost all of the current NFL and a lot of MLB stadiums and they all tend to run together after a while, but there are 2 that, in my opinion are must-sees: Lambeau and Fenway, though I am a little biased on the latter (I believe this is the first, though far from the last, time my pro-Red Sox agenda has emerge on the site).

Of course the new Cowboys stadium is stunning almost overwhelming, but of course a true sports landmark needs some history.

Ninernightmare
07-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Maybe this is blasphemy. But I've never seen the appeal of Lambeau. I love reading and learning about History, but to me when I think of Lambeau I think of the freezing cold and aluminum benches. Not where I'd want to be when watching a 2-3 hour football game! Sitting at home kicked back in my chair and eating Nachos while watching the Bears-Packers play much much more appealing to me.

The new Cowboys stadium I'd go to even though I hate the Cowboys because that place looks amazing. When I go to games I want to enjoy the experience and not be completely cold and uncomfortable. I'm probably gonna get killed for saying that to! :D

FLPackerFan
07-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Lambeau Field is a shrine to the NFL. I have to say I am biased since I am a Packer fan. Living in the Tampa Bay area, Raymond James stadium is a beautiful facility. In the heat though it is hot as hell to be in the upper deck. I do not know how they chose New York/New Jersey for a Super Bowl over Tampa. Where would you rather go in late January/February? New York or Tampa?

Dave Lapham
07-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Lambeau Field is truly the MECCA of the NFL for all the reasons already mentioned. I loved to play in historic places like Lambeau, Cleveland Municipal Stadium, Soldier Field on the same turf roamed by all the NFL greats. I used to wonder which locker did Gayle Sayers, Jim Brown, Bart Starr use? I am big on the tradition and history of the game that way. But these new venues with high-def jumbotrons and every amenity imaginable take viewing games to another level. I just hope all the storied stradiums don't become a thing of the past.

Andy Freeland
07-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Lambeau Field is a shrine to the NFL. I have to say I am biased since I am a Packer fan. Living in the Tampa Bay area, Raymond James stadium is a beautiful facility. In the heat though it is hot as hell to be in the upper deck. I do not know how they chose New York/New Jersey for a Super Bowl over Tampa. Where would you rather go in late January/February? New York or Tampa?

Raymond James stadium is nice, but more importantly it has the best food of any stadium in the NFL, by far.

Kosar19
07-07-2010, 10:48 AM
I never thought I'd see old Cleveland Muny Stadium on list of nostalgia. I feel that way about the place, but I had alot of childhood memories there (both with the Browns and the Indians). I think I can honestly say that I don't miss the place though.