PDA

View Full Version : Is this season over yet?

DemCowboys
10-26-2010, 01:44 PM
I wonder who will be the new head coach. It better not be Garrett. I don't think I can take 2 more years of a predictable offense before he gets fired. I guess it is time to root on the hometown Colts the rest of the way.

Wordsworth
10-26-2010, 02:01 PM
Yes the season is done. You can now sleep easy knowing there's nothing more to be worried about. We're done-zo.

iwatt
10-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Coach Cowher?

Bring back Jimmy?
Perry Fewel?
Draft a stud OG & CB in the draft.

The Romo injury was too much. Jerry and the pundits angered the football gods when they talked about playing a home superbowl.

Wordsworth
10-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Not Perry Fewell. He's a defensive coordinator and that is all. We don't need any more coordinators promoted to head coach. We need a head coach.

msclemons
10-26-2010, 05:03 PM
John Fox might have the right personality to mesh with Jerry without being totally overwhelmed by Jerry's decisions. Fox has hit a rough patch in Carolina but it seems to be more personnel related than coaching. The team seems to have good discipline.

With the Cowboy's talent just a small increase in discipline would get them over the top.

iwatt
10-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Ooh....nice call on Fox. He has that defense overperforming in Carolina.

DemCowboys
10-27-2010, 09:06 AM
John Fox might have the right personality to mesh with Jerry without being totally overwhelmed by Jerry's decisions. Fox has hit a rough patch in Carolina but it seems to be more personnel related than coaching. The team seems to have good discipline.

With the Cowboy's talent just a small increase in discipline would get them over the top.

I would be very happy if Fox were the coach.

iwatt
10-27-2010, 09:17 AM
The Bears will also be looking for a Coach.

Possible candidates out there:

- Gruden
- Cowher
- Fox

More than money, I think those coaches will want front office guarantees or General Manager changes. Both Gruden and Cowher are Superbowl Winners, so they just might have the clout to get things done. I think Gruden would be a good fit for Dallas, but only if he's handed the keys completely by JJ. I think Cowher would be great for the Bears, but he would only agree if Jerry Angelo no longer is the GM.

I think the biggest winner would be Fox, since he wouldn't have the clout to demand those things. Which would basically handcuff him.

- JJ has demonstrated he can gather talent and money and hype. Leave the coaching and staff decisions to an elite HC, and Dallas would be scary good.

DemCowboys
10-27-2010, 02:06 PM
I think Cowher would be great for the Bears, but he would only agree if Jerry Angelo no longer is the GM.

Chicago does seem like a Cowher type of town. I think the people in Chicago would be estatic if he became coach. Another Ditka like coach.

iwatt
10-27-2010, 02:20 PM
Yeah, he would be a wet dream for us fans. But it won't happen. That would mean a functioning brain in the Front Office, something sadly lacking in these years.